YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

But... isn't the normal price for Japanese buyers 17850? What would you call this:

http://global.rakute...rowsehist_02_en

:-)

The retail price for the durandal is 17,000 yen. At 17,850 it is slightly above retail. Looking at the alternatives available now, wow 17,850 is a damn great deal!

Anyway haha wonder how did they manage to translate Durandal Valkyrie into

Duran dull Baru Killy

This really takes the cake, if the 32,800 yen doesn't!

I would advise anyone who have not yet got theirs, do hold on, as it is already past work hours in japan, there might be some more added tomorrow at Nippon Yasan, looking at their past preorders. Additionally, i believe HLJ, BIJ and Otacute have yet to open theirs!

Edited by shawnlee1981

[

The retail price for the durandal is 17,000 yen. At 17,850 it is slightly above retail. Looking at the alternatives available now, wow 17,850 is a damn great deal!

Anyway haha wonder how did they manage to translate Durandal Valkyrie into

Duran dull Baru Killy

This really takes the cake, if the 32,800 yen doesn't!

I would advise anyone who have not yet got theirs, do hold on, as it is already past work hours in japan, there might be some more added tomorrow at Nippon Yasan, looking at their past preorders. Additionally, i believe HLJ, BIJ and Otacute have yet to open theirs!

And yet someone bought 1 in the meantime. I hope it wasn't someone from this board!

This is un-frakking believable. I see the announcement, check everywhere just in case (expecting no one to have it up anyways since it JUST GOT ANNOUNCED last night!), play a little online gaming, come back and it's out at Amiami, HS, and CDJapan, stay up till 3:40 in the mroning my time checking the other sites just in case, finally go to bed to wake up and find that every single retailer on the planet has sold out.....except HLJ who, as usual, haven't done a real pre-order.... :blink:

Yeah, screw it. Not interested enough in this to care anymore. If they had actually made it somewhat resemble Roy's scheme, I might've been willing to try and get one now, but that paintjob is nothing like it.

Maybe someday Bandai will get off it's backside and finish the 1/72 kit line. <_< All I really want is fighter mode in a non-"3-year old with a pack of crayolas" paintscheme.

If Nippon Yasan or HLJ manage to have some in stock around the release date like with the VF-171, I might try again then, but I've spent too much in the past month already.

wtf. from announcement til now has been how long? sold out everywhere already? even nippon yassan (the superstar of the vf-171 episode of lets find the f-ing bandai valk)?! i actually wanted this one too. not just for how cool the battroid was but actually wanted to say "yes macross i've enjoyed this franchise for 30 years!". ok i'm ranting now but its deserved.

If it's any consolation Nippon-Yasan was sold out of 171's eventually as well but they've already got more stock in right now. So perhaps that will be the case for those of you still looking to get this "1S" scheme as well.

This crap makes me wish Bandai had a kickstarter or something. We all kick in some money to get a preorder voucher (and maybe other things) that is valid for HLJ, AmiAmi, HobbySearch and a few other venders. This way they make extra units and because we have paid some money we would be more likely to pick it up at release time so Bandai dosen't loose out. There are some companies that I buy products from that do something similar to this already although they are based out of the US.

Maybe Yamato could do this for the VF-4s and even a Regault? If they meet the dollar or a number of purchasers target we could finally get the toys we want and for a reasonalble or unstandable price. Also maybe they can finally prove that there is no really interest in the item and we can all stop b*thching about it.

Just an idea. But hey this preorder BullS**t is getting out of hand. Crap it's been out of hand since the release of the Renewal VF-25s.

Actually no, this only happened starting with the YF-29 re-release. Both VF-25 renewals were pretty darn easy to get comparitively, because the windows each lasted at least a few days, possibly weeks. I remember I got in pretty late on my order for Alto's, and still got one from HLJ with no trouble.

I think it's because people didn't trust Bandai after ther first versions. And, I think Ozma's preorder went up before a lot of people even had a chance to get their Alto version, so the initial preorder wasn't bad, but once people got their hands the Alto and discovered it didn't suck, everyone ate up the orders fast.

Now, it's like a feeding frenzy for the preorders.

On the other hand though, now that the VF-171 release has come to pass, I think it's not quite as bad as it seems from the preorder. People can still get the 171 through Nippon Yasan, and HLJ opened up orders right after release (they seem to have skipped preorders entirely). I wouldn't call them necessarily easily available, but there isn't the absolute shortage that the preorder makes you expect.

That totally sucked last night. I barely made that order by the skin of my teeth. I would've had one order with cdjapan 30 minutes earlier than I did last night but my shopping cart was stuck in some kind of looping error.

That totally sucked last night. I barely made that order by the skin of my teeth. I would've had one order with cdjapan 30 minutes earlier than I did last night but my shopping cart was stuck in some kind of looping error.

So you're complaining that you got an order in? Not sure if trolling. :p

I would buy this, but like always, refuse to loose any sleep over this.

Just like the vf-171, got my unit by the end of the month without all those finger-cramping clicking.... :p

Hopefully, my supplier will be able to come through with this one also..

So you're complaining that you got an order in? Not sure if trolling. :p

Far from it. I'm just saying it was totally ridiculous like everyone else here have been saying.

Im not upset im gonna miss this one. I would be pissed if i couldn't get a yf-29 ozma scheme. Ill add one too....

F U BANDAI!!! :angry:

This is getting pretty frakking ridiculous. I had a pre-order on what I thought was a full armor alto renewal only to find its just the frakking armor! for 200?????? Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllly And I dont buy that crap about remolding the factory for a new line blah blah., Checked with my Retired Mold Maker father and he said it doesnt take long to redo the line. I mean I paid 200 for the Master Mind Shockwave and that thing is limited. This is just the dam armor parts. So I then look for the Armor parts for the YF-29. More than the frakking bird! Same thing happened with the extra bits for the SOC bigO! The MG kits seem to getting more expensive and so have the SOC in general for the shrinking Metal content you get. I love macross valks but its so painful getting these things. Heck I find it more exclusive than collecting fewture Go Nagai figs

Hmm, with all the problems around the missed pre-orders, i do have a solution for future ones or any existing ones which pops up irregularly sometimes. As i am living in about the same time zone as japan, and coupled that with my very frequent visit to online sites as well as this forum, i got a very good chance of getting in on preorders. So the easy solution comes like this; akin the alert box, i do not mind dropping a miscall thru skyppe for people (hopefully not that many) if anythin comes up on the radar :p