YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

On 11/3/2019 at 10:44 PM, Saburo said:

I was able to pick up another YF-29 Anniversary Version.

4243D9E0-5880-4E09-A7AB-F13A4479593A.thumb.jpeg.4345e0170b0d58310faf539806e62613.jpeg

Awesome YF-29 Saburo!

But do you have the best YF-29 paint scheme of all?

49023740948_82b0d26078_o.jpg

:lol:

(Also the most complicated color balancing I've done yet)

Edited by Lolicon
no idea why it made a link

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Awesome YF-29 Saburo!

But do you have the best YF-29 paint scheme of all?

:lol:

(Also the most complicated color balancing I've done yet)

Thank you, it was just a quick shot with the iPhone camera. 

Haha, no I don't have that one. I stay away from model kits because I don't have the time and resources to build them properly. :unsure:

On 10/31/2019 at 12:16 AM, Foblander said:

How are the 29 toys compared to the 31? I saw the reddish 29 is coming out again. Is it a new mold or rerelease?

Wait....whaaaat? The 29 is getting a rerelease!? I missed that....when is there a thread for it so I can keep track of info?

Chris

Just now, Dobber said:

Wait....whaaaat? The 29 is getting a rerelease!? I missed that....when is there a thread for it so I can keep track of info?

Chris

There was an example at the last show. I don't think that anything official has kicked off.

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

There was an example at the last show. I don't think that anything official has kicked off.

Ok thanks! :)

I know it’s a different one, but I always wanted the anniversary edition. Looks so pretty. The asking prices for them are insane though. 

Chris

15 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Ok thanks! :)

I know it’s a different one, but I always wanted the anniversary edition. Looks so pretty. The asking prices for them are insane though. 

Chris

I paid WAY too much money for mine.

• 1 month later...

So.. I have an older yf29 Alto that I got for a sweet deal some time ago. It was a little worn but still ok. Today I picked it up for the first time in several months and the legs tore apart at the waist joint. Looks like the plastic basically degraded and crumbled.. on a side note I was kind surprised that the legs, as weighty as they are, are held by such a small plastic joint. Seems to work for the 25 and 27 molds though so what do I know..

Anyway, for those of you that have a lot of experience with the 29 toys, do any of the Alto reissues have improved quality? Are the non Alto versions of the 29 better? Looking to replace mine. Thanks for any advice!!

41 minutes ago, Hiryu said:

So.. I have an older yf29 Alto that I got for a sweet deal some time ago. It was a little worn but still ok. Today I picked it up for the first time in several months and the legs tore apart at the waist joint. Looks like the plastic basically degraded and crumbled.. on a side note I was kind surprised that the legs, as weighty as they are, are held by such a small plastic joint. Seems to work for the 25 and 27 molds though so what do I know..

Anyway, for those of you that have a lot of experience with the 29 toys, do any of the Alto reissues have improved quality? Are the non Alto versions of the 29 better? Looking to replace mine. Thanks for any advice!!

This has always been one of my fears. Plastic and longevity of the parts has always been of great concern overtime and during repeated transformations.

Not sure why the Bandai plastic has become so brittle rapidly. I want to check on my complete set of YF-29s but I just don’t want to see them all crumbled. These have rested in their boxes for quite a few years with only one 4 transformations per. 

Good thing their all in fighter mode.

For those who have transformed your numerous times, have you experienced issues with breakage or stressing?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This 30th anniversary colour version of the 29 is probably my most favourite of all the DX VFs I own.

I've been looking at it and its starting to have some yellow discolourations on some of the white pieces.

I've been doing some reading and see that there are people who have had success with removing the discolouration with 12% peroxide and a plastic bag.  I'd be intending to be very careful to only paint the peroxide on places where the discolouration has occurred (fuselage, wings, legs)

1. Has anyone's 30th Anniv YF-29 been experiencing some yellowing?
  2. Has anyone tried cleaning it with the peroxide and sunlight method?
  3. Would doing #2 have an effect towards the painted decals that are on the white areas of the plastic?

4 hours ago, dero said:

This 30th anniversary colour version of the 29 is probably my most favourite of all the DX VFs I own.

I've been looking at it and its starting to have some yellow discolourations on some of the white pieces.

I've been doing some reading and see that there are people who have had success with removing the discolouration with 12% peroxide and a plastic bag.  I'd be intending to be very careful to only paint the peroxide on places where the discolouration has occurred (fuselage, wings, legs)

1. Has anyone's 30th Anniv YF-29 been experiencing some yellowing?
  2. Has anyone tried cleaning it with the peroxide and sunlight method?
  3. Would doing #2 have an effect towards the painted decals that are on the white areas of the plastic?

The link below is probably the best place to ask your questions. ;)

On 11/18/2021 at 6:57 PM, dero said:

Has anyone's 30th Anniv YF-29 been experiencing some yellowing?

Just checked mine - no yellowing. It's been in a display cabinet for many years now in battroid mode. Sadly, very very loose hips. :(

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Necromancy!

@Saburo's pics almost make me wish I had one, but that black front fuselage throws me off. It looks like... can a valk wear black face? :unknw:

But.. only the top half! :p  I remember lots of folks saying it looked like a Nike basketball shoe.

I still wish we'd gotten the original green canopy, but that scheme was always just.. well, I want to call it typical Bandai.  I still do not have any idea why they feel the need to put those dumb gill markings on the wing gloves. :huh: