YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

I have a question regarding the YF-29 Super Parts. I don't own a YF-29 Alto Custom so I have to wait till May until I can fiddle with them.

I'm transforming my Valkyries every month or so from one mode to another to get some play value out of them. :p.

The question is if it's save to have the YF-29 in Battroid- and Gerwalk-Mode for a period of 1-2 month and displaying them on their stands?

In Gerwalk the back is sacking down even with the built-in support strut so I assume that they must be stressing the joints judging from the pictures I've seen.

In Battroid the pylons with the harpoons are fare away from the center of the toy so there must be some stress to.

In fighter mode there seems enough support because they rest on the undercarriage of the fighter.

This question is also for the old V1 VF-25 Tornado Packs but I didn't want to create two posts about the same topic.

Also there is no announcement that Tornado Packs will happen for the Renewal toys.

Tanks in advance.

Yeah I know I just want to know how they are on the V1 VF-25s. So if they do Renewal Tornado Packs I don't have to post the question again.

From what I've seen the Tornado Pack wing extensions are monstrous but I don't know how they handle because I passed on the V1 Valks.

• 2 weeks later...

no release #3, just that there's always a few non-reserved units at release that are up for grabs that he might try to get. it's a long-shot, though.

Weird, because NY is stating "Pre-Order March 2013"

Edited by Loop

This is now one of my favorite VF toys. I far prefer the look to the Alto version.

Strange, when I first saw the pics online, I hated it. But in person, it's fantastic.

Pilot sculpt still sucks though. Bandai could really learn from Yamato regarding pilot figures.

Graham

It really is not a bad looking valk at all. I did prefer the green parts over the purple at first but kept my pre-order on it. I am glad that I did, when I put this one next to alto's I feel like the scheme is more believable on the non cannon version.

Hi All, new here, lifelong Macross fan but only recently decided to start collecting these valks, though I have to say it ain't the cheapest hobby in the world:P

I recently picked up the YF-29 30th on eBay and haven't been walking straight for a week, but am looking forward to having it sitting on my desk once it arrives:) It's a cool looking scheme, touch busy in areas, but with the right set up it can look pretty kick-ass. I'm in awe at some of the custom paint jobs people have done, it really adds so much detail to the pieces. I'll post some pics once it arrives.

Now if I could only get a VF-25F renewal for a price that is not totally insane I'd be happy, seem to be going for 760-1000 bucks on eBay atm, which is flat out bonkers.

I'm not sure if anyone has already realized this, but I just noticed that there is a very slight difference in the head sculpt for the YF-29 Alto and the 30th release. If you'll take a look at the top of their head, there are 2 things that appear to be guns. On the Alto version, those guns are facing forward in battroid mode (and backward in plane mode). On the 30th release, it's the other way around.

I wonder why they made this change in the mold when everything is else just a repaint.

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/hacchaka/imgs/4/e/4ecdaf50.jpg

post-13388-0-28302300-1361512072_thumb.jpg

post-13388-0-33721200-1361512078_thumb.jpg

The Alto one is "correct" per the movie.
But they are likely some sort of sensor or secondary camera, I doubt they are a gun.
Nothing wrong with a rear facing camera considering what the Battleoid cockpit nearly 360 hud looks like. Probably need more rear facing sensors.
YF29head_zps220ef449.jpg

After all the YF-29 Alto flies in the movie is still a prototype. Perfectly valid to have some changes once it becomes a "production model".

But what I want to know is if the normal standard Valk "Anti-air" head laser has been replaced by dual mini particle cannons.
Both little "antenna" barrels are now a split configuration, much like a Zentran cruiser or the VF-27 /YF-29 main beam gun pod in "cannon mode".
All previous Valks had smooth barrel lasers on the head.

(And no, these are not listed on any English wiki, unlike the head lasers on every other Valk)

Admittedly, the top mounted dual beam cannon turret does cover much of the point defense work other Valks would use the head laser for. I don't think Alto even fires anything from the YF-29's head the whole movie.

Edited by Kaldar5

Actual mold change, or are they separate pieces and one release has them glued in backwards?

They are mold changes. I first spotted them on my own Alto and 30th. Then I checked some picture reviews of both to verify if it was the same for others (pictures were taken from those reviews).

The Alto one is "correct" per the movie.

But they are likely some sort of sensor or secondary camera, I doubt they are a gun.

Nothing wrong with a rear facing camera considering what the Battleoid cockpit nearly 360 hud looks like. Probably need more rear facing sensors.

YF29head_zps220ef449.jpg

After all the YF-29 Alto flies in the movie is still a prototype. Perfectly valid to have some changes once it becomes a "production model".

But what I want to know is if the normal standard Valk "Anti-air" head laser has been replaced by dual mini particle cannons.

Both little "antenna" barrels are now a split configuration, much like a Zentran cruiser or the VF-27 /YF-29 main beam gun pod in "cannon mode".

All previous Valks had smooth barrel lasers on the head.

(And no, these are not listed on any English wiki, unlike the head lasers on every other Valk)

Admittedly, the top mounted dual beam cannon turret does cover much of the point defense work other Valks would use the head laser for. I don't think Alto even fires anything from the YF-29's head the whole movie.

I just called them guns because that's what they look like. I know they aren't but I think most people would immediately know what I was referring to if I called them guns rather than cameras.

They are mold changes. I first spotted them on my own Alto and 30th. Then I checked some picture reviews of both to verify if it was the same for others (pictures were taken from those reviews).

I just called them guns because that's what they look like. I know they aren't but I think most people would immediately know what I was referring to if I called them guns rather than cameras.

Yep yep, wasn't trying to criticize in any way, just enjoying an excuse to talk about the YF-29 design and ponder unlisted details.

The YF-29 Super Part will be released in May via the Tamashii Web Shop. The reissue of the YF-29 is released in March. My question was if the reissue comes with a painted base for the display stand (because I really want one).

The YF-29 Super Part will be released in May via the Tamashii Web Shop. The reissue of the YF-29 is released in March. My question was if the reissue comes with a painted base for the display stand (because I really want one).

I may be reading it wrong, but the first line under the white box on the top left say pre-order in May along with a price of 17,850 yen.