The Bourne saga continues with The Bourne Legacy. However, unlike the previous trilogy, Matt Damon will not reprise his role as Jason Bourne in this installment, and despite its title, the film has nothing to do with the 2004 novel by Eric Von Lustbader. Instead, we have Jeremy Renner (Clint Barton/Hawkeye in Thor and The Avengers, Brandt in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol) as Aaron Cross, a product of the top-secret "Operation Outcome." Also starring are Rachel Weisz (Evie in The Mummy and The Mummy Returns) and Edward Norton (like nobody here knows who he is...); reprising their roles from the Bourne trilogy are Joan Allen (Warden Hennessey in Death Race), David Strathairn (Edward Murrow in Good Night, and Good Luck.), Albert Finney (Daddy Warbucks in Annie, Kincade in Skyfall) and Scott Glenn (Capt. Colby in Apocalypse Now, Alan Shepard in The Right Stuff).

The Bourne Legacy opens in U.S. theaters on August 10.

Official Site Edited by areaseven

• 5 weeks later...

I'd love to see more Bourne movies. But not by the guy that directed Michael Clayton and Duplicity... Snoresville! What do they think this is? James Bond? People that make boring dramatic movies should't make action movies.

Whatever you read from the critics is spot-on. The Bourne Legacy is a disappointment. The film somewhat gains interest throughout the first two acts, but once it goes to Manila, it just goes downhill. Why they decided to use Manila is beyond me (other than cheap labor), as it doesn't really factor out on the overall plot. You got a motorcycle chase scene that even makes Hollywood logic pointless (as the traffic in the film is an incorrect depiction of Manila rush hour traffic). Aside from that, there's no chemistry between Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz, and Edward Norton doesn't really do much here. The film also relies heavily on recycling footage from The Bourne Ultimatum to piece it together with the whole series.

And the ending? There's none, which would lead you to believe that there will be another Bourne movie. Good luck with that.

Edited by areaseven

Awww you didn't like Michael Clayton? I guess I'm just turning into an old fart...

Best thing about that movie was Tom Wilkinson. But after that, it moved really slow with the over reused ending of... AHA! You spilled the beans for no reason! And I recorded your whole plot to give to the police, who just happen to be outside. What does Syndrome call that? Monologuing. lol.