A question about the YF-19

Chronocidal

I'm in the process of building a YF-19 model for Flight Simulator 2002, but I can't quite figure out the landing gear. I'm going from the Hasegawa kit, and it seems they kind of used a placeholder type of landing gear. There aren't really any hinges visible on it, so I can't see how it would ever fold into the wheel well. I could always just make up a set of landing gear to use, but I'd like to be accurate if it's at all possible. Does anyone have any reference pics of the rear landing gear that show how it folds?

If you're trying to make an FS model, I suggest getting the Macross Design Works book. Page 98 shows how -19 gear works. Hard to describe, but I'll try:

To retract, the main strut retracts back and to the side, to lay diagonally across the well. There's a small horizontal strut that connects the main strut and the wheel. This facilitates a "Z-fold" so that the wheel can fold up close to the main strut and lay flat across the wheel well.

Here's a bad, quick, drawing showing it folded up.