To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the popular manga and anime series, Sailor Moon will have an anime reboot in 2013. Kotono Mitsuishi (Excel Saga, Misato in Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Tohru Furuya (Jin Saotome in Cyberbots, Jo Azuma in Harmagedon) reprise their roles as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon and Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Kamen, respectively. The new series will have a theme song performed by idol group Momoiro Clover Z.

The reboot will supposedly be more faithful to the manga than the original anime and will be aimed toward older fans.

Now if only they did a new live-action series...

New Sailor Moon Anime Coming This 2013

I have never expected Sailor Moon thread apperars in MW forum. lol

Tohru Furuya (Jin Saotome in Cyberbots, Jo Azuma in Harmagedon)

Forgot Amuro Ray in Gundam 0079 (the origin).

The new series will have a theme song performed by idol group Momoiro Clover Z.

Momoiro Clover Z A.K.A Momokuro-chan is belonging to the same office of Megumi Nakajima.

As you know, They sing the newest Pokemon ED in TV and the movie's theme song. And Nakajima-san is in charge of a new Pokemon, Meloetta.

Nakajima-san may play a role in the new Sailor Moon Anime, I gess.

I have never expected Sailor Moon thread apperars in MW forum. lol

That's because you haven't been here long enough. We have a long thread dedicated to the live-action series.

Forgot Amuro Ray in Gundam 0079 (the origin).

I didn't mention that role because everybody here knows that already.

Momoiro Clover Z A.K.A Momokuro-chan is belonging to the same office of Megumi Nakajima.

As you know, They sing the newest Pokemon ED in TV and the movie's theme song. And Nakajima-san is in charge of a new Pokemon, Meloetta.

Nakajima-san may play a role in the new Sailor Moon Anime, I gess.

I didn't know that. All I know is that Gubaba loves Momoiro Clover Z.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the popular manga and anime series, Sailor Moon will have an anime reboot in 2013. Kotono Mitsuishi (Excel Saga, Misato in Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Tohru Furuya (Jin Saotome in Cyberbots, Jo Azuma in Harmagedon) reprise their roles as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon and Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Kamen, respectively. The new series will have a theme song performed by idol group Momoiro Clover Z.

The reboot will supposedly be more faithful to the manga than the original anime and will be aimed toward older fans.

Now if only they did a new live-action series...

New Sailor Moon Anime Coming This 2013

1282786204310.jpg

That's because you haven't been here long enough. We have a long thread dedicated to the live-action series.

I meant Anime. I am not interested in the live-action at all.

Early in the morning every Saturday. Hmm.

I read the thread. "funsub"?!?! WTF.

Oh, no time constraints on such pirate acts. I see.

• 2 years later...

Not really groundbreaking news, but Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal premiered in Japan this past July and is currently running on a bi-weekly basis with episode 13 airing on January 3. It is licensed in North America by Viz Media with online streaming through Crunchyroll and Hulu. It is also licensed in Australia and New Zealand by Madman Entertainment.

For the Japanese cast, Kotono Mitsuishi is the only returning voice, as nearly everyone in the original cast has either long retired or is not interested in reprising their roles. The English cast is the same as Viz Media's re-dub of the original Sailor Moon series.

The Japanese cast is as follows:

Kotono Mitsuishi (Rinko in Gundam Build Fighters, Misato in Neon Genesis Evangelion) as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

Hisako Kanemoto (Yayoi/Cure Peace in Precure, Tomonori in Is This a Zombie?) as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury (replacing Aya Hisakawa)

Rina Satou (Negi in Mahou Sensei Negima!, Mikoto in A Certain Magical Index) as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars (replacing Michie Tomizawa)

Ami Koshimizu (Kallen in Code Geass, Tenma in School Rumble) as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter (replacing Emi Shinohara)

Shizuka Itou (Hinagiku in Hayate the Combat Butler, Himawari in xxxHOLiC) as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus (replacing Rica Fukami)

Ryou Hirohashi (Susumu in Gundam Build Fighters, Gyanko in Gundam Build Fighters Try) as Luna (replacing Keiko Han)

Kenji Nojima (Yuuna in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, Yuji in Blue Gender) as Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Kamen (replacing Tohru Furuya)

Youhei Oobayashi as Artemis (replacing Kappei Yamaguchi)

Misa Watanabe (Vivi in One Piece) as Queen Beryl (replacing Keiko Han)

Yoko Matsuoka (Gegege no Kitaro, Daichi in Madou King Granzort) as Queen Metallia (replacing Noriko Uemura)

Daisuke Kishio (Chitose in Happy Lesson, Kyosuke in School Rumble) as Jadeite (replacing Masaya Onosaka)

Kousuke Toriumi (Soma in Aldnoah.Zero, Kiba in Naruto) as Nephrite (replacing Katsuji Mori)

Masaya Matsukaze (Hirscher in Gunslinger Girl, Ren in Hell Girl) as Zoicite (replacing Keiichi Nanba)

Eiji Takemoto (Harlock in Gun Frontier and Cosmowarior Zero) as Kunzite (replacing Kazuyuki Sogabe)

Satomi Sato (Wendy in Fairy Tail, Ritsu in K-ON!) as Naru Osaka (replacing Shino Kakinuma)

Seira Ryu as Shingo Tsukino (replacing Chiyoko Kawashima)

Mitsuaki Madono (Kon in Bleach, Kaname in Code Geass) as Kenji Tsukino (replacing Yuji Machi)

Yuko Mizutani (Pinoko in Black Jack, Great Will of the Macrocosm in Excel Saga) as Ikuko Tsukino (replacing Sanae Takagi)

Hiroshi Okamoto as Motoki Furuhata (replacing Hiroyuki Sato)

Mami Koyama (Oyuki in The Dagger of Kamui, Karen in Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team) as Queen Serenity (replacing Mika Doi)

Edited by areaseven

I caught 2 episodes and all honesty? I thought the animation quality was not impressive and boring to look at and the stories to me are to similar to the old series since it's all based on the manga. and to be 2 episodes a month really made me lose interest in giving it any further viewing.

I've been checking it out and it's been pretty good. I don't care for the CG, but the rest of the animation looks good. The story's moving faster and I like that, but I feel the characters were more fleshed out in the original series. I hope they are able to completely finish the story because I would like to see the latter parts of the manga animated.

• 5 months later...

Personally, I think the show has two big problems.

One is they're rushing it. The second arc has maintained a breakneck pace that sucks all the fun out of it as they try to get through plot points as fast as a(n almost) biweekly schedule allows.

Also, they wrote (the best) three heroines out in three consecutive episodes, and then left them sitting in limbo forever. Like I want to watch a Sailor Moon episode that doesn't have Ami in it.

The second is that budgetary. Toei COULD have said "This is Sailor Moon, we will spend the money to do it right because we are guaranteed to make it back with sales", but what they DID say is "This is Sailor Moon, we will do it as cheap as possible because we are guaranteed to sell it anyways", and it shows in every episode.

Edited by JB0

The second is that budgetary. Toei COULD have said "This is Sailor Moon, we will spend the money to do it right because we are guaranteed to make it back with sales", but what they DID say is "This is Sailor Moon, we will do it as cheap as possible because we are guaranteed to sell it anyways", and it shows in every episode.

And that blew up in their faces as the dvds and blurays are selling like crap. Hell its streaming numbers both legal and illegal aren't even that high. It really makes me wonder just how the hell the show managed to even make it this far.

And that blew up in their faces as the dvds and blurays are selling like crap. Hell its streaming numbers both legal and illegal aren't even that high. It really makes me wonder just how the hell the show managed to even make it this far.

This is news to me, and I find it highly pleasing news.

While I don't dislike this versiom, it is missing a lot of heart. Especially when you look at the story Yurikuma aas able to tell in 12 short episodes on a regular weekly schedule. Toei was foolish not to pay Kunihiko Ikuhara stupid boatloads of money to come back and direct.

I just looked up the guy they hired to direct Crystal. He's mainly done a few DBZ movies. Brilliant choice!

Edited by Keith

It's good enough for me. Maybe it's because I'm not that much of a general anime fan and I'm not comparing it to all the other new anime. I pick the shows I like and watch them whenever a new one comes out if I'm interested, like Sailormoon here. My thinking is that this is the only new Sailormoon anime so this is all there is if I want to watch new episodes.

• 3 months later...