1/60 VF-0C/D Custom

Kurisama

amazing work but the small intakes wings are not supposed to fall back?

What do u mean? The canards fold down for gerwalk and then the opposite way and around for battroid. Working on this later today after I fixx issues with the HMMs I'm making for the VF-11. Tricky thing will be making the joints small enough to make it not bulky and toy like.

How well are those wing pivots going to hold? Are they just relying on friction?

The normal wings are held by friction - and small indents for specific angles (of which none work on the 3 VF-0's I have) The material is light - but will be further supported by the back of the shins - which is next up after the canard joints.

Hmmm... I've been contemplating for one of these, and I just have the spare bird for it, definitely interested!

Woot!

wow. In for at least one set of these.

Awesome! High five!

All :hail:

:D thank you!

So I have a dilemma.

What would ppl want for the end/wing tip hard point?

post-1623-0-06465200-1343094968_thumb.jpg

First pic is for use with existing missiles (will look good with reaction war head from the VF-1's super pack muhaha).

Middle pic is 1/72 kit accurate, more or less - but no geometry for any missile attachment.

Last pic nekkid - no pylon.

Only reason is that with the hardpoint attachment or plain pylon it may look a bit eh in battroid.

Thoughts?

I'm working on them right now. As Reivaj mentioned - plug-in pylons is probably the way to go for these.

EDIT; Going to have to take some measurements and what not that'd be very difficult without at least what I've done here;

post-1623-0-35401300-1343134463_thumb.jpg

Printed them out at the 1:1 size and glued them to cardboard just to see how I'm going to do the leg attachment pieces - I think I can get away with NOT making an entire new shin. Here's hoping...

Edited by Kurisama

The normal wings are held by friction - and small indents for specific angles (of which none work on the 3 VF-0's I have) The material is light - but will be further supported by the back of the shins - which is next up after the canard joints.

Actually, my question was concerning the extra flaps that fold up and down at the ends of the regular wings. Not the actual wings themselves. I was wondering how well they would hold when folded over for use in Battroid. That's a case where they could easily flop back out and it would be irritating.

The wings look good as is, they don't need to cut into the legs like in the show. I'd actually think that would make transformation a bitch since you'd have to figure out a way to finagle the wings out of the thighs on top of folding the legs down. That seems messy/irritating.

Edited by Mommar

Looking good Kurisama!!

Thank you! And a preview of the battroid mode config of the wings;

post-1623-0-01760300-1343179587_thumb.jpg

Actually, my question was concerning the extra flaps that fold up and down at the ends of the regular wings. Not the actual wings themselves. I was wondering how well they would hold when folded over for use in Battroid. That's a case where they could easily flop back out and it would be irritating.

The wings look good as is, they don't need to cut into the legs like in the show. I'd actually think that would make transformation a bitch since you'd have to figure out a way to finagle the wings out of the thighs on top of folding the legs down. That seems messy/irritating.

Ah, ok - it'll be a male/female plug held by friction - will find out how well this works when I get the samples in. I don't think it'll be floppy - the opposite I think...

But in regards to cutting into the back of the leg - the back of the leg on the C/D variants are slightly different to the A/S; it has a bit of extra bulk to allow the v-stab to anchor to and articulate from as well as holding the leg in place with support from the delta wing. I was originally going to leave the gap and make the v-stab come from the inner part of the delta wing - but we all know how ppl are with regards to 'line-art accuracy' :p

Thank you! And a preview of the battroid mode config of the wings;

post-1623-0-01760300-1343179587_thumb.jpg

Ah, ok - it'll be a male/female plug held by friction - will find out how well this works when I get the samples in. I don't think it'll be floppy - the opposite I think...

But in regards to cutting into the back of the leg - the back of the leg on the C/D variants are slightly different to the A/S; it has a bit of extra bulk to allow the v-stab to anchor to and articulate from as well as holding the leg in place with support from the delta wing. I was originally going to leave the gap and make the v-stab come from the inner part of the delta wing - but we all know how ppl are with regards to 'line-art accuracy' :p

I assume it's the same deal for the Hip Canards as well.

As for line-art accuracy... I don't see anybody else attempting a conversion of this magnitude.

• 2 weeks later...