1/60 VF-0C/D Custom

Kurisama

Yep, and thigh-flap hard points and possibly new wings with hard points. The '22 needs secure rear wheels and maybe new gun pods? In any case she definitely needs new boots :D/>

... Please tell me..

Are you actually going to make Eugimon's Omega PantsTM?!? :lol:

That sounds awesome though. I just wonder how hard it will be to install new wings on the VF-4.

Anyway, I need to get around to ordering the 0D set.. I just hope it gets molded the right direction, because the way those heavily stepped parts look would probably make me just throw them away. That'd be an insane amount of work to fix.

Those were some great times right there. ^_^/>

But yeah, with this whole Shapeways thing working so well, I wonder if people would be interested in a set of leg add-ons to help the YF-21/VF-22 bulk up a little.

What do they even look like?

Basically as my 22 would never clip back perfectly and seemlessly into fighter mode - I'd just remove the legs. Then the leg's skinnyness also bothered me too - so i thought I'd make the shins or 'boots' detachable.

In a nutshell - the shins and feet are wider, bigger a tad and have more curves than the original 1/60. It practically looks like it's wearing bell-bottoms. I'm going to use the GNU-Dou '21 sculpt as reference.

I think the only thing different about them is the size of the center pin. Bandai actually embedded their hardpoints on the 171 further into the wings than Yamato does, having the forward and rear clips tab directly into the wing, but if you lay them side by side, the only apparent difference is that Bandai uses a much smaller center pin.

I would bet that Bandai's stuff would clip to Yamato's hardpoints without much trouble, but putting Yamato stuff on a 171 would be tricky, because besides the center post being too big, the shape of the pylons might not fit into the recesses in the wing, and the clips won't be able to engage.

I don't offer painting services just yet, seeing as you order from shapeways directly - the physical product never passes through my hands.

Also, if you head to the VF-4 custom head unit thread, you can see renders of the final product which I just sent off to get printed.