1/60 VF-0C/D Custom

Kurisama

Alright, my stuff finally arrived today. Being completely new to this I noticed that, one, the parts the wings are supposed to slide into are partially filled with plastic and I'm having trouble removing it and 2, I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried fitting the hip joints and, Kurisima, you should probably go ahead and add an option to order just the ip/wings themselves because I discovered if your finger slips you will break off the pegs that hold the wings to the hips... so three hours in and I've already ruined my new parts! yay... Also, those hips do not stay put when in Fighter or Gerwalk at all. They hold worse than the original hips do. They don't really hold at all technically. Not sure what can be done since you don't have your own set to fidget with though. The Wings look pretty cool attached in Gerwalk with the extra V-Stabs sticking up and I slapped on three sets of missiles per wing (they don't hold too well because the connectors are REALLY thick. Probably I have to and these too... soon as I figure out what I'm doing.) Then I'll need to beg the lot of you to tell me what the hell priming/painting/sealing/whatever is relevant. I'll take some Gerwalk pics with it loaded for bare.

Momma - try getting a drill bit from a local hardware the is the same diameter as the hole, and gentle turn the bit by hand to clear the hole.

When I get back from overseas I'll post step by step instructions on how to put it all together.

I'm sorry to hear you broke your pieces, can you please post pics so I can see? I'll make the intakes separately available.

Like I said previously, these were untested and to be ordered at your own risk. My waifu actually ordered me a set and they'll be waiting for me when I get back to Australia in the new year - I'll be able to sus it out and tweak itbthennif need be.

I suspect some parts may need nail polish to thicken the friction joints. The missile attachments are better too big than too small - as u can always work in the shape/groove to make it fit rather than trying to thicken it up.

The problem with this tech and printing process is that it isn't 1000% accurate and there are variables you have no control over.

I'll walk you through the priming and painting process when I get to it, I am trying some new things since painting my custom Rau.

I'm overseas at the moment and have limited internet access - but I'll try and answer any questions posted.

Looking forward to the photos!

Works good. Had to trim the turbine section off, and drill out the peg holes some, but not bad or a custome piece. I got some sanding and painting to do, but all and all I'm really happy with my new VF-oD ;)

Thanks

FA11476F-3D6D-4A4D-867A-C980862BD92F-3291-000003CB697EF240.jpg

6E2987E3-5DCB-4071-BFC6-DA0854542BFA-3291-000003CB6597B334.jpg

2BC525CE-4AA4-443F-A5E9-99B50C69EF6C-3291-000003CB6123BF2E.jpg

1F03F8BA-5AD8-4968-8618-09EB27989D6D-3291-000003CB5CC37797.jpg

Edited by robodragon

Is it just me, or does that set look a LOT smoother than the previous shots? I figured the pieces are going to have some layering, but I wasn't expecting the amount in the previous photos, with the really clear stair-stepped look.

Unless this new set has had some sanding already done?

I'm going to have to grab a set of these after Christmas I think. :)

Chrono - looking at my shapeways invoices, looks like the very first set sold and posted here was the unpolished wsf - every set sold since is the polished wsf. Its weird, regular wsf was available for like a minute when I first set it up.

But back on topic, hot damn that looks sweet! I'm getting excited for mine to arrive...

So guys,VF-11 or VF-0 armour next? :p

Chrono - looking at my shapeways invoices, looks like the very first set sold and posted here was the unpolished wsf - every set sold since is the polished wsf. Its weird, regular wsf was available for like a minute when I first set it up.

But back on topic, hot damn that looks sweet! I'm getting excited for mine to arrive...

So guys,VF-11 or VF-0 armour next? :p

You know, based on how the leg bay doors work on the VF-4, I'd actually recommend a quick work up for a missile/gunpod attachment on that thing first. Depending on how easy it is to take off the wings it would probably be a pretty quick job to add missile attachments to those too and a fast job all around for you. I bet some people around here would like missile/gunpod equipped VF-4's.

Edited by Mommar

Ah, so the polished stuff gets rid of the molding ridges then? Good to know, I'll make sure to get that type in the future.

Personally, I'm all for a set of VF-11 wings with hardpoints next, since it's such a relatively simple thing to do. Use it on a VF-11C, and you don't even really need paint. ^_^

Once the VF-4 comes out and you can measure it, I'd say hardpointed wings for that would be great as well.

Anyhow.. had a slight brainstorm about the VF-0D's legs. I know the totally canon solution is to make a new lower leg, but what if you built the missing portion of the leg into a modified leg pack? I wouldn't want to rely on the little magnets they currently use, but if you made the pack wrap up and around the back of the leg, you could potentially have it clip inside the back of the ankle.

I don't know if that would give you something sturdy enough to attach the tails to, but it would at least eat up some of the gap between the wings and legs, and streamline things a bit. :)

So I'm almost done with my repaint. I decided to go with a gray and red. All I have left to do Is the arms and sticker it up. One of my arms broke though :(. I'm really happy with my VF-0D though. It will look good when all done with the ghost on top.

FAFC29D0-47B4-4EF5-9E3C-9AA153153B90-7779-00000851D1B24CA2.jpg

74CFB2B5-F0FA-4F5C-8520-1373E97521AA-7779-00000851CD1EA231.jpg

Thanks guys. I still need to finish up with the painting the arms and fixing the one. It broke at the spinning bicep part :angry: ,then I need to add the stickers and let the paint cure before I transformer it.

I was thinking about the two tone gray with White trim, but at the last min I just went with red trim. I really like how it came out. I might put some red trim on the ghost so they match better. Now I can finally cross the VF-0D of my list. With the VF-4 coming out and hopefully ;) ;) the Reactive Armor ( I wish I could make that flash) coming soon ;) ;) I list will be empty. :D

Depending on what part of the arm broke, it might be fixable.. but honestly, that arm design is just terrible. The little pin holding the lower arm on one of my VF-0s just snapped at one point, so I wound up carving a new pin out of scrap plastic, and carving out a spot to glue it into the interior of the upper arm. It's sturdy now, but I just don't trust those arms at all.

Anyhow, the VF-0 looks amazing. :)