1/60 VF-0C/D Custom

Kurisama

Thanks everyone!

Just putting together reference images for the new head unit sculpt - so many variations on the same thing;

post-1623-0-85279300-1353539047_thumb.jpg

A - Scan from the Master FIle book.

B - Initial art for the D (Listed as the A-type in the Macross Mecha Manual, which is incorrect I believe)

C - Hasegawa colour guide for the 1/72

D - Image I found of the VF-0D by Kawamori.

C & D seem to be the same more or less - and A seems to take cues from the A-type head mixed with B.

Think I will go with A as from a glance it looks to match the silhouette of the A-type a lot, so should be easier to fit in without making new flappity-flaps on the underside of the fuselage.

I believe the head is very confused because in some pics looks one visor and in some screenshot with two like "A" type

Haha, yeah - thanks for the pics Valhary! Looks like the 'official' version is the Hasegawa type - it was so hard to see in the anime.

So guess I'm free here to interpret my own design. But anyone have any real objections either way?

But what I have noticed from most official art 3D renders, is that the wings in the battroid are severely under-sized - this is is how big they are;

post-1623-0-47957000-1353623727_thumb.jpg

Haha, yeah - thanks for the pics Valhary! Looks like the 'official' version is the Hasegawa type - it was so hard to see in the anime.

So guess I'm free here to interpret my own design. But anyone have any real objections either way?

But what I have noticed from most official art 3D renders, is that the wings in the battroid are severely under-sized - this is is how big they are;

post-1623-0-47957000-1353623727_thumb.jpg

IMO, very nice proportion Kurisama!!

I really don't think the wings are under sized, but the latching might be too fragile or easy to break given the white strong material property, based on my 3D-printing experience. So it would be great if someone who ordered these wings shows the actual assembly.

I will try to order one set before christmas time for my partially modified vf-0A. The 0D head is customized by one friend and it perfectly matchs the 0A body. I believe the 0D wing can further beautify it.

8209846447_c6fcd92e5c_b.jpg

8209846221_26c5162a49_b.jpg

8209846871_b21d80cc65_b.jpg

8209847051_b796479a00_b.jpg

Edited by gwfalcon

Any interest in this? Had a bit of spare time today - but not feeling it and running out of motivation.

post-1623-0-78640000-1353942074_thumb.jpg

Was hoping to get it finished before the free shipping offer runs out at Shapeways - doesn't look like it'll happen.

Should I continue - or rather, any interest in this??

OMG OMG!!!

Quick note as I jet out the door this morning - swap the v-stabs, the stepping on the aierelons is horrendous - will need a lot of sanding... Let me know how the intakes fit - worried about them.

So happy and nervous!!!

Will be back later with more thoughts and maybe renders of the instructions?

this is all great stuff! The delta looks so elegant.

Does anybody know how to completely disassemble the legs? I want to disassemble for repaint, so far so good with all the figure, but can´t get past the legs. The radiator looking thing just below the landing gear doors looks to be glued and locked in place... any help appreciated!