Kurisama's Custom 1/60 Upgrades & Add-ons

Kurisama

Potentials for my next set of Custom Parts;  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Potentials for my next set of 1/60 Custom Parts;

• 1/60 APS-11 Armour for the VF-11
    • 1/60 '21 & '22 New Feet, Ankle and Shin parts to be Anime Accurate + other minor parts
    • 1/60 Queadluun Nona conversion pieces including new back-pack and new head sculpt
    • 1/60 Ghost X-9
    • 1/60 Anime-accurate GU-15 Gunpod for Arcadia YF-19
    • 1/60 Frontier FAST Packs for the Arcadia YF-19
    • Other? Please comment below!

Pretty much done, I think - I can upload them later tonight.

I think I'll upload each head type with 2 face-plates;

post-1623-0-98497900-1479436853_thumb.jpg

And the slight tweaks from the original (left) to the new version on the right;

post-1623-0-46838700-1479436856_thumb.jpg

Additionally, not sure which I should go for, for the S-type lasers - Straight, Angled or a combo;

post-1623-0-18608900-1479436860_thumb.jpg

Or just add both sets and trash the split one? I'll also make the lasers available in metal.

*snip*

Additionally, not sure which I should go for, for the S-type lasers - Straight, Angled or a combo;

_VF-4_WIP_11_Lasers.jpg

Or just add both sets and trash the split one? I'll also make the lasers available in metal.

Now that is a question. Because it depends on how it will look in Fighter mode. ;)

And just a final image post before the uploads.

_VF-4_WIP_12_Final.jpg

It will come with 2 face plates, correct? For the Electronic Warfare one, it will come with a regular head and one with the sensor on the forehead? Thanks. :)

FFS, I've done over 30 fixes/uploads to Shapeways since yesterday and the S-type and F-type heads are missing the geo on one of the faceplates;

post-1623-0-28109200-1479611058_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-01622100-1479611064_thumb.jpg

But on downloading the file I uploaded from their servers - the geo IS there;

post-1623-0-46344400-1479611061_thumb.jpg

I've tried every trick I know & I'm going insane trying to fix this...

On the upside the A & K type are working;

https://www.shapeways.com/product/PEYTRWRYX/vf-4k-custom-head-unit

https://www.shapeways.com/product/64WELKBW5/vf-4a-custom-head-unit

Edited by Kurisama

Hey Kurisama.

I'm just wondering. What are the chances this Lightning Packs can be done on the VF-4's after removing the fins from the shoulder and feet? You know, like a snap-on add-on part wrapping around the arm/shoulder and legs. Kinda like how we put the Leg Armor Parts on the VF-25 Messiahs.

post-5552-0-80077200-1479681237_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-67337300-1479681249_thumb.jpg

I would suggest:
- Atmospheric Escape Booster for vf 1 1/60
- APS-11 Protect Armor Pack for vf 11 1/60
- Super Parts/Aerospace Boosters for vf 19s 1/60
- Any convertion kit for the valks macross the ride (1/60) :rolleyes:

As much as I'd love those (still may do the 11 armour or the 19 parts), I know from past, bigger kits that no one would buy due to cost.

Conversion kits might be ok tho. I've never looked too much into MtR.

cdd32c9aeaa2c0239f02f7638357a0db_zpsmbxc

This looks great and better than the super parts that appear in the master file

In my experience, people aren't willing to alter the original plastic by drilling holes etc for this to be worthwhile - if i made replacement parts (such as the main fuselage between the nacelles) it'd drive up the cost too much. People already have an issue with the cost of some of my Shapeways parts. The leg armour is totally do-able tho. I could throw this one in the do-able, maybe med-cost pile.

Actually, now that I look at my VF-4, pulling out the verniers reveals 2 square holes on each side... HMMMMMMmmm.......

Let me get back to you.

Hey Kurisama.

I'm just wondering. What are the chances this Lightning Packs can be done on the VF-4's after removing the fins from the shoulder and feet? You know, like a snap-on add-on part wrapping around the arm/shoulder and legs. Kinda like how we put the Leg Armor Parts on the VF-25 Messiahs.

attachicon.gifvf4_superlightning.jpg

attachicon.gifvf4_strikelightning.jpg

Personally - I *love* these boosters. I have toyed with the idea a few times. It'd be massive tho & expensive...

Yeah, there are - but I figured I'd you wanted less chin, you could just sand it back.

Easier than have 3 or 4 variations and driving the cost up.

Well I wish I had an extra $700 in my back pocket so I could use a few of these heads.

Looking at the shapeways page I didn't realize you offer multiple faceplates for each head too. Pretty cool to have those options.

WSF is good for strength, not so good on med to small details.

FUD is amazing with details but nowhere near as strong as WSF, unless you thicken it considerably.

Acrylate is the somewhere in the middle, stronger than FUD by a lot, and very detailed - but I've personally never painted it. Just the other two.

I know I've asked this question before of you, but can't remember where I put the conversation - the Anti-vajra missiles that you have on the shop site, are they Bandai ready? The description says Yamato/Arcadia but since they were never seen on anything made by either, I got slightly confused. Clarification would be most appreciated.

I'll try and find the original files tonight - should be an easy fix/export - it was the width of the missile exhaust & hollowness of the missile to reduce weight that was the issue; too thin.

I did however, literally just order the S and A VF-4 head units and the S, K & A VF-4 lasers in Black Hi-Def Acrylate.

Will keep everyone posted.

Bandai type Anti-Vajra missiles;

https://www.shapeways.com/product/XFAPYTFU8/anti-vajra-missile-x2-bandai

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3N62B4HLF/anti-vajra-missile-x4-bandai

Yamato type Anti-Vajra missiles;

https://www.shapeways.com/product/C2CXER7L6/anti-vajra-missile-x2-yamato

https://www.shapeways.com/product/TV49CQGCF/anti-vajra-missile-x4-yamato

These SHOULD work, I had to remove a bit of the exhaust nozzle and widen the hole. Still looks 98% the same as the anime.

Edited by Kurisama

Hey Kurisama. I was about to order the VF-4K's head. And I'm choosing between FUD and the Acrylate. I've read what you posted between materials and you said that Acrylate is better than FUD. Would that mean also that there's less sanding on the material itself? Thanks!