Kurisama's Custom 1/60 Upgrades & Add-ons

Kurisama

Potentials for my next set of Custom Parts;  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Potentials for my next set of 1/60 Custom Parts;

• 1/60 APS-11 Armour for the VF-11
    • 1/60 '21 & '22 New Feet, Ankle and Shin parts to be Anime Accurate + other minor parts
    • 1/60 Queadluun Nona conversion pieces including new back-pack and new head sculpt
    • 1/60 Ghost X-9
    • 1/60 Anime-accurate GU-15 Gunpod for Arcadia YF-19
    • 1/60 Frontier FAST Packs for the Arcadia YF-19
    • Other? Please comment below!

Same! Ask, and ye shall receive;

attachicon.gifWIP_VF-1X++_05.jpg

I like! :wub: Thanks Kurisama. Looking forward on this one.

http://blog-imgs-54-origin.fc2.com/f/r/a/frameout/R0032703.jpg

Same pic as Valhary's Middle pic. It shows the 1/60 version with the front of the visor almost right at the landing gear bay doors. 28.25mm was the length I estimated measured.

It's not loading the pic, wmkjr.

OK! Tweaks done - looks waaaaay better now :)

attachicon.gifWIP_VF-1X++_04.jpg

Will most definitely NOT sit flush (visor visible) in fighter mode - will fit, but it'll need to be deployed further out.

Chin may need some work.

I think the visor is totally hidden in fighter mode

Hmm, one difference I notice is in the placement of the head lasers. On the sketches and the models Valhary posted, it looks like the "hat" covers the lasers, preventing them from rotating upward & making it a little more streamlined. Your design has them sticking out past the hat, so that they can rotate.

post-2681-0-92083100-1438950533_thumb.jpg

post-2681-0-91090300-1438951475_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the delay. I got some scans of the 1X++. Hope these help in any way. Oh, and the 1X doesn't have the wings folding back. I was mixed up with the 0 Kai. Sorry, the pictures are going to be a bit huge. Doing it for the sake of some sort of hi-res.

post-582-0-21667600-1439062062_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-99677900-1439062116_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-52273300-1439062146_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-41283000-1439062177_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-56811000-1439062204_thumb.jpg

There's also pics here and there throughout the rest of the book, so if there's anything more specific you need, let me know. BTW, the head looks great.

Yep, that's it. One with and one without hard points. Hold off buying it for a few days, I want to upload a new version that eliminates the built-in pins (weak and could break) - making all the male plugs into female, in the interest that the person buying it will use 2mm metal rods.

Kelsain, I'll look into tucking them in when I review it, haven't touched the file since last posting of the image. Not much time to myself these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man. I had intended to have the head unit finished weeks ago (only a tiny tweak here and there) but uni has been pretty full on.

I'm not entirely sure when I can get it done and available - but should be relatively soon.

On the plus side I am learning a program called Creo for rapid prototyping.

Thanks everyone for their patience.

Hey man. I had intended to have the head unit finished weeks ago (only a tiny tweak here and there) but uni has been pretty full on.

I'm not entirely sure when I can get it done and available - but should be relatively soon.

On the plus side I am learning a program called Creo for rapid prototyping.

Thanks everyone for their patience.

Uni??? Not sure what that is. Sorry, maybe it's just that I have a lot going on. In any case, that's great to hear about the other program. Thanks for the update.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the Yammato version of the VF-4G is quite sound. Although I only keep mine in fighter mode as that's my fave.

Hopefully if and when Arcadia does it, the cost won't be so ridiculous as the yammies 🙏

Edited by Bolt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Curious. Did anyone purchased this head from Kurisama via Shapeway? I want to see how it looks like on VF-1's. Any links? Thanks! ;)

I just ordered the head, but I was also gonna get some of the HMMs and noticed those are no longer there. Are those gonna come back?

Edited by Jasonc

Ok mate. Ordered a 19-style arm canon

And 2 impacto canons as well

Thank you~! I fixed the impacto cannons (rebuilt the main section actually) but you didn't re-order? Oh well.

I ordered a new head for my Qrau, to get to free shipping!

:D Goddamn, my Custom Rau is standing there looking at me me, unfinished... for nearly 4 years?! :(

Added the custom VF-4 head and a six pak of ant Vaj missles

Thank you Kurisama San!

Thank you VERY much!

Just wanted to check in, and mostly say hi, but to see if you have any updates to any of your projects? Hope all is well.

Eh, could be better - but projects are there, un-touched, making me feel bad for no finishing them - I need some inspiration.

Just ordered the VF-1X head from Kurisama along with Yeti's 0A Leg Nub Joint. Hoping that I will have time to paint this one for my planned part swap custom VF-1. ;)

Awesome - please post pics of it - I haven't been able to order one as yet.

I just ordered the head, but I was also gonna get some of the HMMs and noticed those are no longer there. Are those gonna come back?

Hey man, the HMMs are still there;

https://www.shapeways.com/product/63JKEBZDA/4x-hmm-missiles?li=shop-results&optionId=43644284

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VY2NK5FGH/6x-hmm-missiles?li=shop-results&optionId=43811101