*sigh* You realize that the tension of not knowing what's going on is a good portion of the film's momentum, right...?

Spoilers never ruin my enjoyment of a good story, I tend to enjoy repeat viewings just as much as the first

Spoilers never ruin my enjoyment of a good story, I tend to enjoy repeat viewings just as much as the first

*sigh* Okay.

(Oh, and for anyone else... DON'T READ THIS!!! I MEAN IT!!!)

Okay, I can't summarize the story, because I'm still trying to process it myself, but Asuka and Mari, in the opening, are getting Shinji. They wake him up, and he discovers that 14 years have passed. NERV has been mostly disbanded, and Misato and Ritsuko (along with Asuka, Mari, Aoba, Ibuki, Hyuga, and, er, Touji's little sister, have formed a new group, called "Wille." NERV is just Gendo, Fuyutsuki, Rei (III), and Kaworu.

It basically follows the steps of Episode 24 (Shinji getting alienated from everyone, and drawing close to Kaworu... Kaworu going into Terminal Dogma to make the (now) FOURTH Impact) but with some serious alterations and differences. Kaworu dies, Shinji lives, but he's pretty catatonic by the end.

This is one of the first times I'm really going to try to avoid spoilers.

Good for you!

Seriously, I went into the movie cold, and I'm glad I did.

Sounds like about what I was expecting once news of the major changes came out.

A bit of all things Anno mixwd together i.e. Eva, Gunbuster, and Nadia. Does tbjs one cover Gehirn / Proto-Nerv at all? Things like Ritsuko's mom, and Yui's plug test?

Edited by Keith

Sounds like about what I was expecting once news of the major changes came out.

A bit of all things Anno mixwd together i.e. Eva, Gunbuster, and Nadia. Does tbjs one cover Gehirn / Proto-Nerv at all? Things like Ritsuko's mom, and Yui's plug test?

No. Or kinda. Some of that gets explained... but not dramatized.

I met Tochiro last night at Nakano Sunplaza where Megumi Nakajima's concert was held, and we held a conversation about Eva a little.

He didn't find Ichiro Itano's name in the ending credit of the new movie.

post-14942-0-65534100-1354206411_thumb.jpg

CGI supervising, hmm.

If you like Macross and Itano-san, gotta watch it.

• 1 month later...

Crappy Bootleg copy with English subtitles can be seen here!

A definite copyright violation. It must be reported to the authorities.

Hm, some gaijins really don't have enough awareness of copyright.

割れ外人って日本のファンに嫌われてんだけどな、わかんねぇんだ。どうしょうもねぇ。

I peaked outta curiosity, and I quickly lost interest and will wait till it's out on DVD state side. I already got 2 movies, why the hell would I not wanna get the 3rd despite the bitching of the anime fanboys? :rolleyes: when has that EVER mattered to studios what we think?

A definite copyright violation. It must be reported to the authorities.

Hm, some gaijins really don't have enough awareness of copyright.

割れ外人って日本のファンに嫌われてんだけどな、わかんねぇんだ。どうしょうもねぇ。

why do you have to use the term 'Gaijun', mate? can you just say 'some folks' or something less... offensive, to those so-called 'Gaijin' ;) (but you did call 911 on 'em, so to speak? that i do agree with)

is these films/DVDs going to be available in the states? I pretty much dropped interest in anime in stores (guess its part of growing old) but i still am a fan of Eva and be intriged enough if its available. Only question: what is it Rated as (or think it would be)? Growing old and having minions means i actually have to pay attention to that now, as per OPNAV 4790.TheGF LOL

Edited by TehPW

Only question: what is it Rated as (or think it would be)? Growing old and having minions means i actually have to pay attention to that now, as per OPNAV 4790.TheGF LOL

http://www.amazon.com/Evangelion-1-11-You-Alone-Blu-ray/dp/B0030ZOYHC/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1358641642&sr=1-1&keywords=evangelion

http://www.amazon.com/Evangelion-2-22-You-Advance-Blu-ray/dp/B004EC5IUW/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1358641642&sr=1-2&keywords=evangelion

Q will follow eventually but will take a while since its not even out on DVD/BD in Japan yet.

• 4 weeks later...

heads up!

Rebuild of Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo. (Blu-Ray) (KIXA-290) available for preorder now for 4/24/13 release!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/B00BHO0FK8/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIXA-290

funnily, it doesn't have the usual preorder-discount from amzn-jp.

Edited by treatment

F^ck, how long after the Japanese release was the subbed HK release, 1-2 months? I cant' wait!!

The third film hasn't even been shown in Hong Kong theaters yet (it' s been confirmed recently that it will be officially released but no official date yet). As such, similar to the last two films, you won't see an official HK subbed DVD until after the theater run. I say just get the Japanese version

So, I've been pretty much avoiding everything about this movie so I can go into it fresh. I decided to stick my nose into this thread to check for blu release news, and I'm getting the feeling that you guys do not think that highly of it. Am I reading that right?