According to Evangelion:Q blog, about 5,000 fans came to watch this trailer.

http://eva3.0.b-ch.com/blog/3_0/

Eva is amazing.

Before watching this movie, we can enjoy the scene in DYRL what Anno was in charge of.

It was the premiere of the first real trailer in over a year - and on the side of a building no less.

http://www.animenews...-trailer-posted

Utterly loved the fans cheers when the release date was announced.

I see. Well looks like they were clamoring for an encore but didn't get it, lol...

I think I'm the only one who's totally turned off by this Rebuild series. It has done nothing to turn my crank other than look pretty, and that's not enough for me.

I have seen evidence that there are others that feel the same as you, not me though. I have been enjoying this new version, it will never completely replace the original of course, but I am enjoying it anyway. Just like I am enjoying Yamato 2199.

Never could get into Eva. The first few eps were OK, quite a 70s Super Robot homage feel, but after that it just got too angsty and weird. Besides IMO, the mecha designs were not my cup of tea. I mean mecha wearing purple spats......hmmmm.....okaaaaayy.

Great if you like it, but I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

But Rei was cute :D

Graham

Never could get into Eva. The first few eps were OK, quite a 70s Super Robot homage feel, but after that it just got too angsty and weird. Besides IMO, the mecha designs were not my cup of tea. I mean mecha wearing purple spats......hmmmm.....okaaaaayy.

Graham

Check out 1.11 & 2.22. Trims out a lot of the fat of the TV series, add's in a newer not so whiny Shinji, and some pretty badass battles to boot.

Graham

Strictly speaking, the Eva units are not mecha? Not trying to nitpick, but the series was ultimately rewarding. I have never seen another show like it. And yes, the less angsty Shinji in the new films is much better.

• 3 months later...

Is it this one?

http://youtu.be/9f6QJ3SryEA

Mari finally got her own eva, yay! But it's pink...

Oh, yes. Thanks. A kind guy reprinted it in Youtube.

Some contents in Japan seem to be blocked by its holders...

There's already a thread here: http://www.macrosswo...showtopic=30496

The mods just need to merge them if they want. (HINT)

Then again, I started my thread on this when the last two films were supposed to be released on the same day, but I think that plan has gone out the window, hasn't it??

Can't find another place to put this...:

picked up the "Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 13 Calling Premium Edition" today.

Who'd have thought, a boxed set for a manga collection? Goodies that come with the manga collection (not sure how different the "premium edition" is compared to the regular addition, beyond pasting "premium edition" in a few places):

- 3D Rei & Asuka image

- 6 postcards of paintings of Eva characters by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (I don't follow his work much, so I can't really say if they've been printed elsewhere beforehand. But they do give the impression that they haven't.)

- "Original Artworks": 50 pg book collecting a selection of the splash pages from Chapter 6 to Chapter 90. As such, not much of it is new, but it's nice to have it in one handy place.

Linky (w/ preview of the postcards): http://www.evastore.jp/pc/article/B5000913.html

Linky (w/ description): http://www.animate.co.jp/recommend/book/120502eva_13/

While I on the other hand am totally digging these re-do's.

And somewhere on the dull-eyed west coast I'm enjoying both! I'm still hating on Mari though-someone, either EVA or Angel, needs to accidentally step on her already...

Well, the preview at the end of 2.0 promised "Eva-08 and its pilot"...

but it also showed EVA-08 at the end of 2.0 and it looked nothing like that pink one.

I'm thinking the pink one is piloted by mari and 08 will have a new pilot. (btw, kaworu is piloting eva mark.06 which rules him out.)

Just noticed from one of the comment, the old NERV logo is back, wtf?! (as usual)

Then again it's just a trailer.

technically that's not the old (i.e. TV) NERV logo and they've been using it since the first movie. In addition to the upside-down apple logo, they've been using a logo that looks the same as the TV one except it has a different letter V. That's what shows up in the trailer posted.

technically that's not the old (i.e. TV) NERV logo and they've been using it since the first movie. In addition to the upside-down apple logo, they've been using a logo that looks the same as the TV one except it has a different letter V. That's what shows up in the trailer posted.

Yeah, i thought it was the old V, didn't check it myself.