The Man With the Iron Fists

I love these type of movies. When I first heard about this - years ago now I think? - I thought it would never get made. Glad to see I was wrong!

I look lavish and fun. I'm sold on the typography alone!

Edited by PetarB

A black guy in Feudal China?? lol

It looks retardedly good though. lol

There is a character from Romance of the Three Kingdoms from africa that's black. Historians are divided on wether he was a real person. Still just the fact that the writer chose to insert one into a text that old proves that they had some interactions.

EDIT: and it happened in Blazing Saddles.

Edited by renegadeleader1

I'm all in for this one. RZA & Russell Crowe have been working on this for ages.

RZA is a big fan of old-school kung fu flicks, new school kung fu flicks & anime. He has been working on his Hollywood connections for a while, and with Quentin production money, so i expect a live-action Ninja scroll / Iron Monkey type action :ph34r: with endless Shaw Brother's Homages with a Wu-Tang soundtrack.

Can't really go wrong.

Plus Lucy Lu doing her Kill Bill character again... :wub:

I'm so gonna see this. One of the characters looks to have the 18 bronzemen technique.

EXACTLY!! i'm very hyped to see an updated kung-fu armor technique in a live action flick on the big screen. I expect no less from the Abbot of the Wu-Tang. Even one of Ghostface Killa's side crews are called the 18 Bronzemen. I'm willing to bet we see a flying guillotine, some poison clan/Deadly Venom techniques & at least a one-armed swordsman at some point. :D

Hmm, it will either be really bad or really funny

Probably both. I would recommend people going into this like they would the Saturday afternoon Kung Fu theater mindstate.

The Kill Bill/ Jet Li fan base audience will love it & the old school Shaw Brothers fans will enjoy it, other then that it's probably not for everybody else... ^_^

Edited by GMANIFESS

EXACTLY!! i'm very hyped to see an updated kung-fu armor technique in a live action flick on the big screen. I expect no less from the Abbot of the Wu-Tang. Even one of Ghostface Killa's side crews are called the 18 Bronzemen. I'm willing to bet we see a flying guillotine, some poison clan/Deadly Venom techniques & at least a one-armed swordsman at some point. :D

Probably both. I would recommend people going into this like they would the Saturday afternoon Kung Fu theater mindstate.

The Kill Bill/ Jet Li fan base audience will love it & the old school Shaw Brothers fans will enjoy it, other then that it's probably not for everybody else... ^_^

You should see True Legend. It has an updated take on venom clans five deadly venoms style. It also tells the origin of druken kung Fu.

I hope you are right about the flying guillotine. I've been dying to see a more recent interpretation on it. It was such a badass technique I can't believe no one has used it any of the more recent kung fu films. Two of my favorite guillotine films are Fatal flying guilllotine and the one armed swordsman. There is another one with Chen Kuan tai but the name of the film eludes me at the moment. I also hope we get some cameo's from a few old school legends.

RZA's character is partially a homage to GoldenArms from The Kid with the Golden Arm and the evil character from the crippled avengers.

I wonder if Russel Crow's character is a homage to Philip Kwoks character in the kid with the Golden Arm.

Edited by Golden Arms

You should see True Legend. It has an updated take on venom clans five deadly venoms style. It also tells the origin of druken kung Fu.

I hope you are right about the flying guillotine. I've been dying to see a more recent interpretation on it. It was such a badass technique I can't believe no one has used it any of the more recent kung fu films. Two of my favorite guillotine films are Fatal flying guilllotine and the one armed swordsman. There is another one with Chen Kuan tai but the name of the film eludes me at the moment. I also hope we get some cameo's from a few old school legends.

I wonder if Russel Crow's character is a homage to Philip Kwoks character in the kid with the Golden Arm.

Oh yeah!! True Legend is definately in my library. Definate classic.

So true about the flying guillotine not getting enough love... you'd think it would be a no brainer... :rolleyes::ph34r:

Surprised it really hasn't been used in some of the new generation of kung fu or anime. Infact other then Machine Girl i don't recall seeing anywhere other then the classics.

-Chen Kuan tai was in the original "Flying Guillotine" 1975.

- If Russell Crowe was an updated drunken secret agent Hai To THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!

-And this is a Tarentino production, and he brought Gordon Liu out of obscurity for Kill Bill, so definately expect to see some old school cameos.

Snip

the boondock kinda did a tribute to the flying guillotine

Oh yeah!! True Legend is definately in my library. Definate classic.

So true about the flying guillotine not getting enough love... you'd think it would be a no brainer... :rolleyes::ph34r:

Surprised it really hasn't been used in some of the new generation of kung fu or anime. Infact other then Machine Girl i don't recall seeing anywhere other then the classics.

-Chen Kuan tai was in the original "Flying Guillotine" 1975.

- If Russell Crowe was an updated drunken secret agent Hai To THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!

-And this is a Tarentino production, and he brought Gordon Liu out of obscurity for Kill Bill, so definately expect to see some old school cameos.

Or he had a picture of odb and paid tribute by burning incense b/c he fell in battle.

Ahh Flying Guillotine, I have that one on VHS. Yeah Agent Hai To would be awesome.

It's nice to know there are so many other old skool shaw Bros fans out there. There movies were awesome.

Damn,

I forgot about that episode of the boondocks!! The guillotine from that episode is very similar to the one in the one armed swordsman. The veil would come down over your head before your decapitated. LOL. Yeah I love the boondocks.