It is pricey, tho. Bandai really jacked up the pricing.

It's not transformable and it does not seem to be able to combine with an SHF Iron Man. It just have lighting gimmick.

As such, I rather afford the off-color VF-0D from Arcadia than this Hulkbuster. At the very least, the Phoenix has three modes and stuff...

:bump:

I don't know, I still don't really like how Thor looks compared to the other figures in the line.

I forgot I also have War Machine Mk 2 on pre-order as well. It's based on the Iron Patriot mold from the IM3 wave which got the best reviews of all plus it's back to the real War Machine colors so that's cool. I kind of wish I'd picked up a WM MK1 back when they weren't over $100 though.

I couldn't bring myself to get the Luke figure, something about his face just doesn't do it for me. A shame as it looks like Vader really isn't anywhere near fudging scale with the Black Series figures, unlike Iron Man which you can get around by splaying his legs or making him fly.

I was originally hoping to have Hulk stand with my Legends figures but the style really doesn't fit. Luckily at 25 cm's the Hulkbuster should be pretty close to in scale with the Legends Hulk though it might not look as wide.

Yeah, that was the other thing...Thor was unimpressive looking.

I picked up my first Legends figure ever recently ("Stealth Suit" Cap from Winter Soldier) and it's pretty nice for a domestic action figure. I like the buckycap mold and I can see what all the fuss is about with it. I don't think I can collect them all but I can cherry pick the ones I like best. I need a good Deadpool (Wolverine too) and I'm waiting for a new one in the Legends line. I might pick up that new Spiderman that comes with the pizza slice :wub:

Edited by xrentonx

It is pricey, tho. Bandai really jacked up the pricing.

It's not transformable and it does not seem to be able to combine with an SHF Iron Man. It just have lighting gimmick.

As such, I rather afford the off-color VF-0D from Arcadia than this Hulkbuster. At the very least, the Phoenix has three modes and stuff...

:bump:

I see that as a false equivalency. This new figure is massively detailed and articulated, it's not just some extra lights. And they're using metal in places to make the thing actually look metallic. Unlike the cheap Hasbro one which is a red, plastic eye-sore. And it's apparently hyper poseable as well. You might not want the toy, or want to pay that much for the toy, but they have their reasons for charging what they are. Given how excellent the Marvel Now Iron Man figure was, and how many magnitudes better a figure in sculpt and material it was over other Iron Man options, I feel like this Hulkbuster is worth getting personally.

Also, why do you want to keep putting figures in other figures? I do not understand the appeal.

Yeah, that was the other thing...Thor was unimpressive looking.

I picked up my first Legends figure ever recently ("Stealth Suit" Cap from Winter Soldier) and it's pretty nice for a domestic action figure. I like the buckycap mold and I can see what all the fuss is about with it. I don't think I can collect them all but I can cherry pick the ones I like best. I need a good Deadpool (Wolverine too) and I'm waiting for a new one in the Legends line. I might pick up that new Spiderman that comes with the pizza slice :wub:

Ah, the Winter Soldier (and Avengers 2 cap) don't use the Bucky Cap mold. That's a different one on your Cap. To be honest, while I'm sick to death of the Bucky Cap mold, I prefer it to the WS/A2 one.

I don't know much about any Deadpool molds, I've never been a fan and don't own any, but in terms of a good Wolverine figure there are three (four, sorta). There's his low vis one from the "Hit Monkey" wave that is pretty cool looking all around (there's an alternate SDCC version that has a flat grey paint instead of a shinier silver as well but I think the shiny version looks great and is easier to find), there's the Blue and Yellow Puck Build-A-Figure series Wolverine which is the same mold just different paint and last is the Jubilee Build-A-Figure series Wolverine from last year which is largely like the Puck series but has a bit of a wash to give him a more orange color and he isn't wearing a mask plus his claws are colored a darker metallic color (and look best of the three IMO.) That one you can get on ebay super cheap, he was way over packed in the cases and nobody cared about him (unlike the Storm figure which is f**king impossible to get for less than $200.) All of those Wolverines use the same mold, which is actually a hold over from when Toy Biz was making figures, but it poses well and is well proportioned. Hasbro changed the plastic for the claws and it's probably the best rendition of a Wolverine in figure form IMO.

Update: Looks like you can easily nab the X-Force and Jubilee Wolvies for around retail on ebay or Amazon. The Puck version is going to set you back $50 if you want one brand new (and there's also the issue of finding one that doesn't have bent claws in the packaging. A lot of them on ebay obviously have bent claws.)

That new Spiderman... the mold is excellent, I think. It really looks like an amalgam of all the iconic Spidermen put together. However, they messed up his hip articulation. It's worse than the Spider-Man 2 Spider-Man from last year and The Spectacular Spider-Man release from last year as well (it's worse than the Bucky Cap mold, actually.) They didn't cut a hole in the cup to give room for the T-joint peg so it's limited. If you're okay super heating up a figure and popping the legs off there's a quick mod to fix that, but it sucks that you have to mod it considering they did exactly what the mod does on the two previous Spider-Man figures from 2014. It still looks great and you can get him in some good poses but it was a huge disappointment for me personally coming off of two better articulated Spider-Men from the previous year. I still need to do the mod myself (and try the same on Spider-Man 2099 and "Mayday" Spider-Girl...effing useless Jubilee mold.)

Edited by Mommar

Thanks for that info, man. I'll check out that Wolverine. :)

I really wanted that Storm with the cool mohawk too so that sucks that the aftermarket is so high for it. I like girls with mohawks obviously so I gotta hunt down a Captain Marvel. I really shouldn't have dragged my feet so long on these.

I see that as a false equivalency. This new figure is massively detailed and articulated, it's not just some extra lights. And they're using metal in places to make the thing actually look metallic. Unlike the cheap Hasbro one which is a red, plastic eye-sore. And it's apparently hyper poseable as well. You might not want the toy, or want to pay that much for the toy, but they have their reasons for charging what they are. Given how excellent the Marvel Now Iron Man figure was, and how many magnitudes better a figure in sculpt and material it was over other Iron Man options, I feel like this Hulkbuster is worth getting personally.

Say what now? False equivalency how? The VF-0D and this SHF Hulkbuster are about same price-point for purchasing, yet you get more for the money on the Phoenix.

The articulation and detailing on this SHF is pretty much the same with even a cheaper SOC like the $50 GX-08. Heck! the GX-08 prolly has more actual diecast metal and stuff than this Hulkbuster.

The SOC Gaogaigar is about the same msrp as this Hulkbuster, but you get more features, gimmicks and stuff with SOC GGG for the same money.

So far, the only thing this Hulkbuster distinctly have that typical SOCs don't is the lighting-gimmick.

Basically, this Hulkbuster is totally way overpriced and underfeatured. Bandai does not really have any valid reason in overcharging for it. People against it have valid reasons and have valid comparisons to make.

As such, you can try and continue to justify the pricing and features by comparing it to crap like Hasbro if that will make you happy. It's your money to spend, anyway.

Also, why do you want to keep putting figures in other figures? I do not understand the appeal.

WTF!?

You have watched the movie, right?

https://youtu.be/mjx-02XWuzk

Just to keep this on topic, DYING to get my three figs. I did notice they have the Movie Realization figures listed at Amazon (for thirty dollars more) but they say that the Storm Trooper won't be released until June 30th. I hope that's only the case for the American places and not in Japan. CDJ still says May 2015. I'd hate to wait another month for Vader and Mk 43.

Thanks for that info, man. I'll check out that Wolverine. :)

I really wanted that Storm with the cool mohawk too so that sucks that the aftermarket is so high for it. I like girls with mohawks obviously so I gotta hunt down a Captain Marvel. I really shouldn't have dragged my feet so long on these.

It was a Toys R Us exclusive, it was under-packed in the cases, and they really only made one shipment of figures and that was it. Now even used figures will go for over $100 on ebay.

Captain Marvel you can find EVERYWHERE. They have piles of them at my local Walmart. I could mail you twelve if you want. I'm thinking of buying a second one and painting it to look like the low-vis outfit she wore just a few months ago.

Carol_Danvers_%28Earth-616%29_from_Aveng

WTF!?

You have watched the movie, right?

https://youtu.be/mjx-02XWuzk

What benefit is there to putting a $50 toy into a $280 toy? Other than saying, "because I can", there's no real use except for some ACBA guy who just absolutely wants to take a picture of Tony entering/exiting the thing. And I don't, I want a cool looking Hulkbuster I can pose and this thing fits the bill perfectly for the size.

Edited by Mommar

god this things costs a lot. i was actually thinkint it'd be around $225 not $300+. still i'm in on the rest of the SHF avengers so i'm getting it. so is this an exclusive or will it be availble fo wide preorder on 5/29? and by wide i mean harder to get lol. should i just go with NY to be safe?

I haven't posted in a bit, but I locked down a Hulkbuster, he absolutely looks worth the price to me, whereas something like the Arcadia 0D is ridiculosuly priced in my opinion. I've got all the Avengers Figuarts on lock now, including War Machine Mk II, and I can't wait. Hulk and Cap will be arriving first in July, I'm hoping Bandai doesn't skimp and actually decides to give us a Hawkeye and Widow, there's just no decent Widow figures out there. On another note, my G-Stag and Reddle B-Fighters are on the way, I can't wait for them, Blue Beet is amazing. Bandai Figuarts have been taking pretty much all my money lately, I don't buy valks anymore, and I got off of Hot Toys real quick, so I'm finally able to get into these other lines that have always interested me and I love it.

What benefit is there to putting a $50 toy into a $280 toy? Other than saying, "because I can", there's no real use except for some ACBA guy who just absolutely wants to take a picture of Tony entering/exiting the thing. And I don't, I want a cool looking Hulkbuster I can pose and this thing fits the bill perfectly for the size.

:huh:

That is the benefit! It's canon. It's official. Everyone saw it in the movie.

It's not some mere "because I can" feature or use.

Nobody would really care that this specific feature is lacking if the SHF Hulkbuster is not currently way overpriced.

god this things costs a lot. i was actually thinkint it'd be around $225 not $300+. still i'm in on the rest of the SHF avengers so i'm getting it. so is this an exclusive or will it be availble fo wide preorder on 5/29? and by wide i mean harder to get lol. should i just go with NY to be safe?

It's a web exclusive so there's no such thing as a "wide pre-order." Anyplace that will order the Tamashii Web Exclusives is fair game. But you won't be seeing these pop up at Hobby Link Japan or Amazon. It's only certain specialty places like NY who will sell it. Can some other people chime in with which online shops take the Tamashii Web exclusive orders?

I haven't posted in a bit, but I locked down a Hulkbuster, he absolutely looks worth the price to me, whereas something like the Arcadia 0D is ridiculosuly priced in my opinion. I've got all the Avengers Figuarts on lock now, including War Machine Mk II, and I can't wait. Hulk and Cap will be arriving first in July, I'm hoping Bandai doesn't skimp and actually decides to give us a Hawkeye and Widow, there's just no decent Widow figures out there. On another note, my G-Stag and Reddle B-Fighters are on the way, I can't wait for them, Blue Beet is amazing. Bandai Figuarts have been taking pretty much all my money lately, I don't buy valks anymore, and I got off of Hot Toys real quick, so I'm finally able to get into these other lines that have always interested me and I love it.

I don't really understand why they didn't just go ahead and at least make Hawkeye and Black Widow (and Vision) web exclusives too. Japan doesn't have the same issue with "female figures don't sell" that the US suffers do they? I mean, they make female EVERYTHING!

I hope the figuarts stuff isn't starting to take a dive, however. Some of the latest releases don't seem to be getting the same praise past releases have and some of the choices they've made for articulation and joints is baffling.

That is the benefit! It's canon. It's official. Everyone saw it in the movie.

It's not some mere "because I can" feature or use.

Nobody would really care that this specific feature is lacking if the SHF Hulkbuster is not currently way overpriced.

So "because I can." I don't care if it's official, I'm not going to play with it. A hollowed out husk for a $50 toy isn't useful.

The High speed mode is official on the YF-19 as well and it sucks and should never have been included on that toy either. Gimmicks sometimes break things, they don't all need to be included.

So "because I can." I don't care if it's official, I'm not going to play with it. A hollowed out husk for a $50 toy isn't useful.

The High speed mode is official on the YF-19 as well and it sucks and should never have been included on that toy either. Gimmicks sometimes break things, they don't all need to be included.

/facepalm

And you say I'm talking about false equivalency.

At any rate, you're really just stretching. You have no valid counterpoint.

Basically, you're just in denial that other people have valid concerns with valid comparisons about this toy being overpriced and underfeatured.

If you don't like to read those valid stuff from other people, then don't even comment dismissively about 'em.

I don't really care if you want to spend your money on this toy. I'm fine with your choice.

Be fine with mine and the others who are not getting this toy. We have valid issues with it.

I got G-Stag and Reddle in, they're both pretty damn amazing I must say, I like them more than standard Sentai and Kamen Rider fair, the armored suits look great. Plus they came with Pulse Sabers, one for Blue Beet too, along with another hand. I'm glad Bandai decided to do the two pack, with only three on the team, no upgraded modes or weapons for the duo, and the long dreaded thought that the two may never even get released, this works for me.

post-12821-0-98051900-1432787150_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-99584600-1432787204_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-87296900-1432787271_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-86899700-1432787314_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-81528500-1432787583_thumb.jpg

I've also had my Figuarts Star Wars stuff for a while but I haven't dug into it, since I got the rest of my B-Fighters today I decided to check these guys out too. I think they're great, all of them, the stormtroopers are awesome, and while Vader's cape is a bit of a disappointment, I still think he's pretty amazing. I've got Luke on pre-order, along with Maul, and whoever else they announce next...

post-12821-0-39480300-1432787621_thumb.jpg

post-12821-0-42632100-1432787675_thumb.jpg

Sailor V is indeed a web exclusive in Japan, but due to the popularity of the series here in the States Bluefin has been able to bring all the Sailor Moon Figuarts over to the US as regular retail releases. I think several of the other scouts (the one with short tan hair and the one with long green hair, Uranus and Neptune, I think?) have also been web exclusives in Japan, but Bluefin brought 'em all over. It's the same situation as with the Dragonball Figuarts; most of them are web exclusives in Japan but thanks to Dragonball's insane popularity here in the US, Bluefin is able to distribute them through regular retail.

I don't collect the Scouts, but I did pick up Sailor Venus when she was $20 during a Lightning deal on Amazon last holiday season (because why not? haha). Tempted to pick up Sailor V to go with her!

I've not been able to take photos yet but I just wanted to say HOLY EFF, this Ashigaru Stormtrooper IS. AWESOME.

Amazing piece of artwork. It looks better in person. A few oddities, the legs can pop off easily. There doesn't appear to be ankle rockers either. I don't really understand why it's been out for a week and there hasn't been a review for it anywhere online yet. I recommend everybody get one.

The real litmus test, my nearly seventy year old Mom described it as a piece of art.

Mine should be here soon with a whole bunch of other action figures. I can't wait and I'm on board for all the samurai based SW figures!

Mine should be here soon with a whole bunch of other action figures. I can't wait and I'm on board for all the samurai based SW figures!

Dude, I'm getting the re-release of Samurai Vader (skipped the origina..) And I'm buying the ENTIRE Stormtrooper armada they're planning to make. Totally down for the Royal Guard too. This thing is really amazing.

I've not been able to take photos yet but I just wanted to say HOLY EFF, this Ashigaru Stormtrooper IS. AWESOME.

Amazing piece of artwork. It looks better in person. A few oddities, the legs can pop off easily. There doesn't appear to be ankle rockers either. I don't really understand why it's been out for a week and there hasn't been a review for it anywhere online yet. I recommend everybody get one.

The real litmus test, my nearly seventy year old Mom described it as a piece of art.

You're giving me a twinge of regret for cancelling my pre-order. Had to be done though, because I just know that if I got it and loved it, I'd go overboard on the other releases, haha.

I'm really liking it too. :wub: Can't wait for January. ;)

Same, though we probably can't say the same for our wallets. :lol:

You're giving me a twinge of regret for cancelling my pre-order. Had to be done though, because I just know that if I got it and loved it, I'd go overboard on the other releases, haha.

I'm buying every single damn one now...

I'm searching for some items on Mandarake to get around the 500 Yen service fee for orders under 5k. I have two Tiger and Bunny S.H.Figuarts toys (Origami Cyclone and Blue Rose) and thought about getting Wild Tiger and Barnaby Brooks Jr.

Is there anything to be aware of regarding defects or breakages for those two figures? I think I remember some breakage on the first release of Wild Tiger (I think it was something about his legs). I saw several versions of the two like the one minute exclusive, Darkness Bunny, Movie edition and so on. Can anyone recommend a version of those two characters?

• 3 weeks later...
Got my Monsterarts in the detolf! Too bad not enough room for MKG when KG in flying pose. I guess he has to remain in the box.

Another thing I like about the flightpose is that they comes in 6', 4' and 2.5' rods to adjust height.

Here is 4' height for KG.

IMG_0969.jpg

I decided to go with 6' for clearance.

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

• 2 weeks later...