4 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Yeah never seen that before, and I've had my Figuarts Turtles since each one was first released at BBTS, they've been on the shelf for years now. 

At least he cleaned up, that's some super odd dust collection though, maybe it just looks super odd due to the Turtles color?

But they weren’t on the shelfs. They stayed in box and in storage since the day I got them. Don’t know what that is but it seems to have something to do with the green plastic Bandai used.

The storage room has no direct sunlight and a stable temperature and humidity.

8 minutes ago, Scyla said:

But they weren’t on the shelfs. They stayed in box and in storage since the day I got them. Don’t know what that is but it seems to have something to do with the green plastic Bandai used.

The storage room has no direct sunlight and a stable temperature and humidity.

Missed the boxed part, that's definitely even more weird, it's gotta be the plastic. Those boxes aren't vacuum sealed or anything, but I don't see how anything, even dust, could've creeped inside the box onto the figures themselves if they were closed up. If I remember right that plastic was a bit odd from release, it's a bit "waxy", definitely doesn't seem like the usual stuff. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Missed the boxed part, that's definitely even more weird, it's gotta be the plastic. Those boxes aren't vacuum sealed or anything, but I don't see how anything, even dust, could've creeped inside the box onto the figures themselves if they were closed up. If I remember right that plastic was a bit odd from release, it's a bit "waxy", definitely doesn't seem like the usual stuff. 

Here is an image of Leonardo who is still boxed up, if anyone is interested. You can see the strange dust clearly on the belt. It seems like all the soft plastic is affected. 
I remembered, that, before I moved I had them in a different storage maybe it got too hot during the summer.

1324324E-3174-4D5C-A265-719E90D72D43.jpeg.99a88750110187aa365c1e35ca3f85ad.jpeg

I‘m still sad that Bandai never did more releases in the Turtles line. I would have bought every single one of them. 
I know Neca is doing the toon turtles right now and the line is fairly complete but I don’t find the style, build and general quality appealing.  

Edited by Scyla

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

I'm not sad about that Turtles line dying at all.  I thought they were terrible figures.  No poseability at all. 

Really? I like them quite a bit. My only objective gripe would be that Bandai should have painted the color coded bandages and the wrapping on Donatellos staff and the limited ankle articulation.

Subjectively I wished they all came in different shades of green do differentiate them more and be closer to the toys I had as a kid.

14 hours ago, Scyla said:

Really? I like them quite a bit. My only objective gripe would be that Bandai should have painted the color coded bandages and the wrapping on Donatellos staff and the limited ankle articulation.

Subjectively I wished they all came in different shades of green do differentiate them more and be closer to the toys I had as a kid.

Yeah I love the Figuarts Turtles, best toon turtles ever made IMO, the NECA stuff is NECA, which is an easy pass. 

1 hour ago, Negotiator said:

The batinson' s legs look a bit thin

Yeah I've seen that's a common complaint, they definitely look a bit skinny. That said I'll probably be cancelling my pre-order on One:12 Battison and getting the Figuarts instead, it looks really good overall. 

On 4/5/2022 at 4:12 PM, Tking22 said:

Yeah I love the Figuarts Turtles, best toon turtles ever made IMO, the NECA stuff is NECA, which is an easy pass. 

Yeah I've seen that's a common complaint, they definitely look a bit skinny. That said I'll probably be cancelling my pre-order on One:12 Battison and getting the Figuarts instead, it looks really good overall. 

I disagree, the Neca Turtles are better.  They look closer to the actual cartoon and pose better.  And they have better accessories.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

NICE! I was wondering if Bandai would be Season 2 Netflix Ultraman figures! I want that bulky American Ultraman too!

TBH, I really want that Figuarts TARO figure. But I don't want to start another line of collectibles. :cray: 

On 4/23/2022 at 1:24 PM, Mommar said:

Bandai likes their robots and armored people.  I wonder i they'll get around to making Dark Troopers too.

I'd be in for at least two, maybe three or four.

Mandalorian Luke drops at HLJ on April 28th, he looks pretty good in these pics, I'm excited to get him in hand. 

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

Monster X from Final Wars was just announced.

Aaaaaaand bought. That thing looks pretty good. 

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Figuarts Buzz Lightyear (Alpha Suit)
June 2022
Y8000

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That Buzz looks great, I'm in for that too. Easy pass on NWH Iron Spider, the only difference from the Final Battle Version appears to be the lenses. 

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Figuarts Woody from Woody the Movie...

GettyImages-607434546%20copy.jpg

I'd buy that for A Fistful of Dollars...:D

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

I'll wait for the Mafex, he'll look more like Woody.

Ew Mafex. Their comic stuff looks good but I'm not really into any of that and I'm not a fan of any of their live action stuff, it never looks better then Figuarts IMO, just different. I've gotten way too many garbage-tier figures from them over the years, I fired them long ago. 

7 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Ew Mafex. Their comic stuff looks good but I'm not really into any of that and I'm not a fan of any of their live action stuff, it never looks better then Figuarts IMO, just different. I've gotten way too many garbage-tier figures from them over the years, I fired them long ago. 

Endgame Cap is hands down superior to the shf one.

Garbage-tier hasn’t been a thing for at least a half decade.  Bandai have been phoning it in for that long and attempting to sell you the same figure two or three times with slightly different accessories.

Edited by Mommar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm passing on the Tech-On stuff, looks cool but just not for me. Venom looks fantastic! Gotta get Carnage at some point too right? Also Gideon is an easy pre-order, I liked Squid Games but those are a pass for me. 

Tamashii-Nations-Tokyo-2022-Display-014.jpg

Tamashii-Nations-Tokyo-2022-Display-015.jpg

Tamashii-Nations-Tokyo-2022-Display-006.jpg

Tamashii-Nations-Tokyo-2022-Display-026.jpg

Tamashii-Nations-Tokyo-2022-Display-029.jpg

Tamashii-Nations-Tokyo-2022-Display-032.jpg

Best Bandai reveal was that the MonsterArts Monster Hunter line isn't dead! I fully expected Diablos or Tigrex next, but the super bubbly Mizutsune is a welcome addition, works for me!

i9zdttjrb4791.jpg?width=1125&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=783081e1033a5266eb20b2f5c81e93275bdbb8be

q243ttjrb4791.jpg?width=1125&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=cb7dab33fefaf75531c32139138c08bd117d7302

5dhpgdkrb4791.jpg?width=1125&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=82628ae7864e8f6c751fb367521b03ca70397c96