So I've been spying around for a pre-order for some of the Episode VII Figuarts, it appears Anime Export has them, but I've never ordered from them, any thoughts anyone? Reliable? Also, kind of weird as far as pre-orders go, I locked my stuff down, but apparently I only have two days to pay for it? So they're almost like CD Japan, they like payment up front. One thing I'm wondering, it says if I don't pay within 48 hours they cancel the order, does that lock me out from their site or my account, or could I just pre-order what I want again after their little deadline, then pay for it? I'm literally waiting for the funds to clear now, but I won't make it in time to pay by their deadline, and I don't want to be locked out of yet another pre-order for these guys. Also, if you pre-order, do you just have to pay for the items to lock them down, or does AE make you pay for shipping too? That would seem like a bit much, seeing as how the figures I'm looking into aren't even out yet. Also lastly, how long does HLJ give you to make payments again? And what happens if you don't or can't make payment, they don't lock you out of your account do they? This money clearing thing with Paypal almost always screws me.

AE requires payment upfront, no exceptions; however, they do not charge shipping until the items is in stock and ready to send out, at which time they send out an additional invoice. I don't know AE's policy regarding delinquency, but it must be spelled out in their terms of service agreement . CD-J will charge you upfront for the pre-ordered item and it's estimated shipping only if you choose PayPal as your payment method; if they underestimate, they will not request additional payment to cover the difference... at least that's my experience, unlike N-Y, or so I've read on these forums. HLJ will only request payment once the item you ordered is in stock, and their email clearly indicates your payment window (usually 3 business days); but I don't think they'll ban you unless you fail to pay repeatedly... they'll just cancel your order.

Edited by mechaninac

AE requires payment upfront, no exceptions; however, they do not charge shipping until the items is in stock and ready to send out, at which time they send out an additional invoice. I don't know AE's policy regarding delinquency, but it must be spelled out in their terms of service agreement . CD-J will charge you upfront for the pre-ordered item and it's estimated shipping only if you choose PayPal as your payment method; if they underestimate, they will not request additional payment to cover the difference... at least that's my experience, unlike N-Y, or so I've read on these forums. HLJ will only request payment once the item you ordered is in stock, and their email clearly indicates your payment window (usually 3 business days); but I don't think they'll ban you unless you fail to pay repeatedly... they'll just cancel your order.

Very helpful, thank you sir. I locked down and paid for Kylo and a First Order Trooper. Unfortunately it seems most sites have a limit of 1, I need two, so I'm going to have to make another order somewhere else anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Eager to get Darth Maul to partner up with EP1 Kenobi, but i don't like the lack of a hood.

As expected, Captain Phasma sold out quick, but I would rather wait for Hot Toys. It is probably the first weathered stormtrooper suit aside from the Clone Troopers from the Clone Wars.

Eager to get Darth Maul to partner up with EP1 Kenobi, but i don't like the lack of a hood.

As expected, Captain Phasma sold out quick, but I would rather wait for Hot Toys. It is probably the first weathered stormtrooper suit aside from the Clone Troopers from the Clone Wars.

When did Phasma get listed? I missed it. >.<

Mother F*#%ers! I never even saw it go up on HLJ. I looked yesterday nothing...looked today sold out. Damn scalpers. Plus, it is Bandai... always this stupid pre-order b.s. It got me out of collecting valks, no it's hitting Star Wars.....wonderful.

Chris

SH Figuarts Bowser and Hammer Bros/Lakitu on the way.

Plus...these four teenage looking mutant type ninja weapon carrying turtles. :wub:

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-3/%E4%B8%8D%E6%96%B7%E6%9B%B4%E6%96%B0-8-11-oct-2015-new-york-comic-connycc-bandai%E5%B1%95%E5%93%81/

Damn, did not need this right now. Just got an e-mail from Nippon-Yasan. Due to some changes with Bandai Premium Nippon-Yasan can't offer the pay later option and are requesting I pay for the Hulkbuster by the 19th of this month.

Bad timing. Really bad timing.

Damn, did not need this right now. Just got an e-mail from Nippon-Yasan. Due to some changes with Bandai Premium Nippon-Yasan can't offer the pay later option and are requesting I pay for the Hulkbuster by the 19th of this month.

Same, same and same.

Trying to scramble to find some extra money because I'm going to get one, but all I can say, on behalf of my budget is "ouch".

Does anyone know of any other places selling it for at or around the same price? Even BBTS which has it listed for almost $ 500 is sold out.

-b.

I wonder if it would be possible to cancel it and than order it again in the release month. At least the Tamashii items I've preordered from them never sold out and where readily available after release. Of course this was only applicable for Sailor Moon S.H.Figuarts and DX Chogokin toys so it might be a totally different case for the Hulkbuster.

I'm also looking for a store that has the pay later option because next month there should be the Metal Buld Red Frame coming and I don't want to pay when I order it first day but I don't want to pass on it either so not preordering would be kinda risky. ^_^

If SHF Macross characters were made, I'd buy them all.

Yes, same here and is a really good idea. I would buy the entire SDF Macross cast and they can release them with TV pilot uniform and DYRL pilot uniform.

so i preorder the shf x chogokin hulkbuser on NY forever ago.....now they are saying that i need to pay for it now because bandai has changed a policy? its not coming out for another few months. isn't this kinda...horseshit? lol. they took preorders saying no need to pay until it comes out, now....they are asking for payment because "bandai changed its policy". its not like they won't be able to sell them....did NY do this to everybody? if i had another source for them that wasn't outrageous i'd let the order get cancelled.

so i preorder the shf x chogokin hulkbuser on NY forever ago.....now they are saying that i need to pay for it now because bandai has changed a policy? its not coming out for another few months. isn't this kinda...horseshit? lol. they took preorders saying no need to pay until it comes out, now....they are asking for payment because "bandai changed its policy". its not like they won't be able to sell them....did NY do this to everybody? if i had another source for them that wasn't outrageous i'd let the order get cancelled.

Did you not read four posts above?

Happened to me too so I guess it's not horesehit. :lol:

Now I NEED to find funds for that before the 19th. :ph34r:

LOL!

I'm not necessarily upset with the "change" per say, be it on Bandai's side or N-Y's. What has me annoyed is that it was only a week's notice. Given the price of the item in addition to how long before it's supposed to be available I'd think at least 2 weeks would be nice, a month if N-Y wanted to be REALLY customer oriented.

But oh well, N-Y has the best price I've seen so there's not much to do besides complain and pay, or complain and cancel. Such is life.

-b.

LOL!

I'm not necessarily upset with the "change" per say, be it on Bandai's side or N-Y's. What has me annoyed is that it was only a week's notice. Given the price of the item in addition to how long before it's supposed to be available I'd think at least 2 weeks would be nice, a month if N-Y wanted to be REALLY customer oriented.

But oh well, N-Y has the best price I've seen so there's not much to do besides complain and pay, or complain and cancel. Such is life.

-b.

I agree, the one week short notice is what gets me too.

LOL!

-b.

I agree, the one week short notice is what gets me too.

I totally agree. A month somehow is more considerate than one week. And to think that the item itself is not available until January of next year.

Oh well... anyone who wants another kidney? :lol:

Yup. That Bandai pay now happened to me at NY in August when I went to preorder the Hysterica Ragna Mail. Caught me off guard as I was expecting to pay in December.

Edited by wmkjr

I noticed this issue popping up last week, I went to pre-order a Figuarts Ultron from NY, only to get a message saying due to Bandai's new policy with premium items, I would have to pay for Ultron immediately. Kind of sucks, I paid for him then and there, and I had already paid off my Hulkbuster months ago, but it seems tons of people are getting royally screwed by this sudden, "Surprise! You owe us lots of money now!" approach Bandai is putting on their premium items. And I'm still not sure what items are even affected, I pre-ordered Figuarts Ranma just fine, pay later as usual, but Ultron required immediate payment.