I'm kinda relieved that the box is smaller :)

i like the small box as well and it does hav a permium feel to it anyway...the shiny lettering etc. i was surprised but pleased. i only wish the vader figure was as much bigger than the trooper as the box was to the trooper's box.

• 2 weeks later...

oh, my bad.

TWE == Tamashii Web Exclusive.

TWS == Tamashii Web Shop

Basically, this Hulkbuster ain't gonna be offered as a pre-order item on regular import-shops like HLJ or Amiami.

Usually...

But they do usually offer stuff like that at Nippon-Yasan.

You can only hope.

However, just be prepared to get severely scalped by N-Y for it if they get some to re-sell...

Dude, what era are you living in? First, WEb Shop Exclusives are EASIER to buy than anything Bandai regularly puts out these days. Second Web Shop Exclusives are made to purchase. They'll offer a small markup to make money off the initial sale but we all put in our pre-order and then Bandai makes them and that's it. If there's a mark up afterward that will be after it's released in January and they source extra from somewhere. And even then they usually don't do markups like that on Webshop exclusive stuff because they don't sell out like the regular Bandai stuff does. I just pre-ordered, it's fine.

Dude, what era are you living in? First, WEb Shop Exclusives are EASIER to buy than anything Bandai regularly puts out these days. Second Web Shop Exclusives are made to purchase. They'll offer a small markup to make money off the initial sale but we all put in our pre-order and then Bandai makes them and that's it. If there's a mark up afterward that will be after it's released in January and they source extra from somewhere. And even then they usually don't do markups like that on Webshop exclusive stuff because they don't sell out like the regular Bandai stuff does. I just pre-ordered, it's fine.

:huh:

Like I said, usually.

I don't bother with non-TWS sites for TWE stuff, as I don't appreciate even a little markup on an already expensive TWE.

Some TWE ends up in Amazon via Bluefin and are cheaper to get than importing from N-Y or A-E during and after preorder-times.

:huh:

Like I said, usually.

I don't bother with non-TWS sites for TWE stuff, as I don't appreciate even a little markup on an already expensive TWE.

Some TWE ends up in Amazon via Bluefin and are cheaper to get than importing from N-Y or A-E during and after preorder-times.

It does say ※本商品は海外で販売の可能性がございます。

But do you have any example from Amazon? I can't find anything like that on Amazon at all, but then I don't really know how to navigate this Amazon maze.

But do you have any example from Amazon? I can't find anything like that on Amazon at all, but then I don't really know how to navigate this Amazon maze.

I wouldn't bank on maybe it might show up someplace else. I'll spend the extra $10 to guarantee I get it.

Usually popular items for the US-market like SHF DBZ characters.

TWE's like Goku (regular?), Krillin, the Androids, Vegeto, Broly, the upcoming Adult-Gohan, (god-mode) Goku, gold Freeza and prolly some other stuff are/were available as regular items from Amazon via Bluefin.

I'm not sure if you get the TWE brown-boxing from Amazon, tho.

This Hulkbuster is way expensive, tho, so I'm not sure if Bluefin will try to distro it here in the US at all. We can only hope they do.

Edited by treatment

I'm not sure if you get the TWE brown-boxing from Amazon, tho.

sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. I know the power rangers web exclusives where mass released over here by blue fin with unique packaging (power rangers instead of super sentai). the Web exclusives from Sailor moon on the other hand came in there original Japanese packaging including the tamashii brown box.

You're in good company.

Did you manage to get a Hulk or Cap anywhere?

I got Cap on CDJ but I might regret not picking up Hulk and Thor....

I got Cap on CDJ but I might regret not picking up Hulk and Thor....

I'm super bummed man, I didn't know when the other figures went up for pre-order and I missed out on Cap, Hulk and Thor. I managed to snag Mk 45, and I had already pre-ordered Mk 43 in January but I'm the guinea-pig for that BandaiOnline place, because I couldn't find Cap or Hulk available anyplace else. I just double-checked their website, they appear to be taking pre-orders for the Hulkbuster now as well.

And speaking of Mk43, my package with Mk 43, Darth Vader and the Movie Realization Storm Trooper should be shipping from CDJ next week.

Edited by Mommar

Yay! PO'ed at NY. Quite expensive but it's a good alternative over Hot Toys. :) Just bought and PO'ed Iron Men including War Machine Mk2. In other words, there's no Hulk for me to Bust. :D

It's just a good size to display in my office table. Now time to save up for this and the Keaton/Batman Returns figure set. :D

Yeah, I got those Ironman figures too. My team is gonna be incomplete though :/

The preorders for Cap and Luke Skywalker were a little crazy that night. I wasn't expecting the preorders to go up and Amiami locked up on like 8 attempts for Cap, Luke, and Ironman. I finally was like "fuc*k this" and camped CDJ for Cap and Luke. I managed to get Ironman off HLJ.

Now the really weird thing was HLJ opened their preorders way before anyone else. By the time I noticed, I was only able to get Ironman. Thor was still available that night but I wanted to "save money." After seeing the movie, I'm full of regrets for that :p

Edited by xrentonx

I don't know, I still don't really like how Thor looks compared to the other figures in the line.

I forgot I also have War Machine Mk 2 on pre-order as well. It's based on the Iron Patriot mold from the IM3 wave which got the best reviews of all plus it's back to the real War Machine colors so that's cool. I kind of wish I'd picked up a WM MK1 back when they weren't over $100 though.

I couldn't bring myself to get the Luke figure, something about his face just doesn't do it for me. A shame as it looks like Vader really isn't anywhere near fudging scale with the Black Series figures, unlike Iron Man which you can get around by splaying his legs or making him fly.

I was originally hoping to have Hulk stand with my Legends figures but the style really doesn't fit. Luckily at 25 cm's the Hulkbuster should be pretty close to in scale with the Legends Hulk though it might not look as wide.

Wow, I just did a quick glance around the internet and the price of that Hulkbuster is really prying out the babies. And they're making the same sorts of arguments again it's price we hear about the Arcadia toys here. More than a Hot Toys figure, more than an MP Transformers figure. It should be $150. Wah, wah, wah.