ROBOTECH- VALKYRIE PROYECTO

I don't know. Since hearing about all the legal troubles UEG Productions went with their Robotech project, and then the Robotech Anthology project, it's hard to feel excited when a certain company can viciously bring the whole thing down for no good reason.

• 5 months later...

WOW!!!

I'd like to make a small suggestion though. You guys have talent, good talent, try making your own universe rather then Robotech/Macross (it can be alien invasion still...). That way you can release it and try to make money with it. From what I see here you can do it if you get some good scripts and actors.

Incredible work!! :o

The VF's look good. And dare I say, the Zentradi actually look better than their anime counterparts!

My only nitpick is that the Regults look a bit silly. This isn't a knock on the CG guys, who actually did a fine job in animating it. But the Regults just didn't intimidating in the original anime and look even less so in a live-action version.

I doubt there are going to be any legal ramifications. The film's producer, César Turturro, said that he's already received permission from Harmony Gold. Plus, this is only supposed to be a short film, not a full blown movie or series.

It's ironic that Harmony Gold allegedly granted Mr. Turturro permission to use the VF-1's, Zentradi, and Regults in his film, since Harmony Gold does not own the live-action rights to those specific designs. Big West owns those rights. But since Big West doesn't give a crap about what happens in the Americas, I doubt he has anything to worry about. More than likely, what Harmony Gold probably gave him permission to use was their "ROBOTECH" and "MACROSS" trademarks.

Will someone tell them to stop calling it Robotech.

Haha, other than that little gripe, the rest looks pretty damn good. Nice rendition of a zentradi.

Impossible. Robotech has deep roots in LatinAmerica.

It did in the US also, until we found out that "Robotech" was a false name, and had false affiliations. Now we all call it Macross.

Oh, one more thing, they are so in love with the term Robotech, but then use:

"VALKYRIE?"

What the hell? If they only know about the American name of Robotech, the how do they know the word, Valkyrie? Shouldn't they use the word "Veretech?" LOL

It did in the US also, until we found out that "Robotech" was a false name, and had false affiliations. Now we all call it Macross.

But Robotech wasn't a "false" name to every kid who grows in the 80's... Finding "the truth" not always made you to throw away all your childhood memory... and seems that the same thing happened across Latin America as well... some of us learn about Macross but others stick with Robotech. And it's ok, as you can see, there is room for make cool things, like this short.

Pd/Sorry about my english

Edited by Gerli

Pd/Sorry about my english

You have nothing to apologize for? Your English, with very few exceptions where present/past tense of verbs are concerned, is better than many Americans to whom English is their native tongue.

And you're right, Robotech is its own beast cobbled together from 3 different things, Macross among them. If the talented folks behind this project want to associate their creation to HG's property, so long as HG is cool with it, who are we to criticize. Let us just enjoy the work they're doing, which is amazing for a fan endeavor, and appreciate what is obviously a labor of love.

What I want to say about this one is "so what?"

I wonder if they want some flattery here.

Why didn't they try to do the Itano Circus?

This movie contains just Hoollywood-movie-like music, scenes, Macross mechas, CGs, and eh, that's all.

Japanese fans will be never satisfied with it in such a degree.

Edited by antibiotictab