"The Plundering Fleet" and "The Lost Two Years"

DestroidsRage

Ah! Nevermind. I do have it here at work (thanks to leaving the email with the attached document on the server over the weekend).

So, here are both documents. While they weren't everything I hoped they would be, they're still somewhat interesting.

This ZIP file has both The Plundering Fleet and The Lost Two Years included.

Best Regards,

H

• 3 months later...
  • 9 years later...

Resurrecting this thread because I'm finally nearing the end of "The Plundering Fleet." I should have it finished next week or the week after.

I'm not sure how many people who initially posted in this thread 12 years ago (jeez...) still check the board, but I hope anyone who was made curious by Roycommi's synopsis will enjoy the full story (and yes, it's quite a bit longer).

I can't download the files, too old and no longer available I guess. Would love to read em if possible.

Some kind soul once re-uploaded the Lost Two Years summary as a board attachment, so it's downloadable here.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28565&p=699893

But it IS a summary. It's more a terse collection of facts than an actual narrative tale.

Was the lost 2 years a short PDF, with pictures of micro/macro working together & Meltran wrestling? Cuz I think I downloaded that way back. I can check my external drive this weekend.

Never mind, the PDF I have is what's linked in the post...

Edited by Kelsain

Was the lost 2 years a short PDF, with pictures of micro/macro working together & Meltran wrestling? Cuz I think I downloaded that way back. I can check my external drive this weekend.

Never mind, the PDF I have is what's linked in the post...

Wait wait wait! Where's the meltran wrestling thing? XD

Wait wait wait! Where's the meltran wrestling thing? XD

It's a picture in the Lost Two Years part of Perfect Memory... which shows what looks to be a pro-wrestling match between two (giant) Meltrans with a VF-1A referee.

post-2536-0-47002400-1431531091_thumb.png

(From page 64 of Perfect Memory.)

Edited by Seto Kaiba

It's a picture in the Lost Two Years part of Perfect Memory... which shows what looks to be a pro-wrestling match between two (giant) Meltrans with a VF-1A referee.

attachicon.gifRasslin.PNG

(From page 64 of Perfect Memory.)

thanks, Seto! that is awesome! i hope they put something like that in the new series (maybe with some oil, or better yet, jello!)!

• 1 month later...

Many Many Many Thanks for Translating that.

I have wondered for years what was in it. I once tried to translate a manga with a Japanese to English dictionary & a book on Kanji. I gave up after being found gibbering in a corner like I'd just read a Necronomicon pop up book (pull the tab to see great chuthulu's tentacles wiggle!).

I feel super hamstrung on topics here because I can't read Japanese & the info I do know is either super out of date &/or was misinterpreted by the fandom 20-25 years ago or so. I probably need to comb thru the forums & copy posts to .doc files so I can try to keep everything straight.

I am thankful to anyone who will translate information on Macross. IIRC Sketchly & Seto Kaiba post translated info also.

Thanks again,

-Cabbit Commando

• 1 month later...

Okay... I have no idea when I'm going to finish this. I have only a few pages left, but I'm finding it extremely difficult to get through them.

So here's the prologue and the first two chapters. I'm currently a little over halfway through Chapter 3.

Plundering Fleet 1.pdf

You should pretty immediately notice a difference if you compare it to the old "translation."

Edited by Gubaba

Thanks for posting the partial translation! That's one story I've been wanting to be able to read for years.

And I can totally see why it's taken so long. That must be tedious as hell to translate! So thanks again!

Yeah, it's been pretty boring.., almost done with Chapter 3, though! Probably tomorrow! Thanks for reading! Edited by Gubaba

• 1 month later...

Okay, in honor of the anniversary, I did a bunch more than I was planning and finished Chapter One of the Macross Perfect Memory short story, "The Lost Two Years."

This is only the second draft, and I think I nabbed all the typos, but if you find any, please let me know.

(And yes, there are illustrations for this story. I haven't added them yet.)

Oh... and those of you who went wild over Meltran wrestling... you ain't seen NUTHIN' yet!

Lost Two Years Pages 1-5 (1).pdf

Okay, in honor of the anniversary, I did a bunch more than I was planning and finished Chapter One of the Macross Perfect Memory short story, "The Lost Two Years."

This is only the second draft, and I think I nabbed all the typos, but if you find any, please let me know.

(And yes, there are illustrations for this story. I haven't added them yet.)

Oh... and those of you who went wild over Meltran wrestling... you ain't seen NUTHIN' yet!

attachicon.gifLost Two Years Pages 1-5 (1).pdf

Honto arigatou gozaimasu!!! Great job, and much appreciated! You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman!