CF18

Just now, Convectuoso said:

How did you do that? 

The guy said that my order was the only one that made it through his page.  I don’t know if ordering with the phone had anything to do with it.  He said I would get a bonus item but it looks like now the first 100 people will also get the bonus item.

Just now, eXis10z said:

More Kujis come Oct and Nov

9E80C281-75F9-4BDF-A3FE-7A265BFAE459.jpeg

C056B4EA-0C46-4216-AFDD-10998CF9396F.jpeg

I'm digging the Greek-Godess vibe, i'm forced to ask why they both have a wing sprouting from the butt? what's with all the Sephiroth going on?

I mean... I love you Japan... but sometimes...

34 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I find it amusing that Delta was pretty much a Walkure advertisement, but figures of them are scarce, while Ranka and Sheryl are still being made even now.

Quality wins?:ph34r:

Given how popular Walkure apparently is, and how much the anime members are pushed in general art material and the like, I'm surprised there aren't more figures of them. I keep saying I'd pay good money for the lot of them in their movie costumes.

15 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Given how popular Walkure apparently is, and how much the anime members are pushed in general art material and the like, I'm surprised there aren't more figures of them. I keep saying I'd pay good money for the lot of them in their movie costumes.

The sales speak for themselves on their popularity. Ranka and Sheryl figures historically sell very well. Walkure so far have not sold as well as Sheryl or Ranka, which is why Bandai just abandoned the Sh Figuarts of the other 3 Walkure members and Mirage. If they were actually popular we'd be seeing lots of SQ prize figures and Ichiban Kuji being pumped out like Sheryl and Ranka still are. 

Why aren't they popular? For me I don't feel any the female protagonists in Delta are highly likeable. Sure they're visually well designed, but just don't have that strong characters. None of them are as likeable as Sheryl or Ranka. Plus you've got 6 girls for people to label as their "best girl" and clearly Mikumo and Freyja aren't on par with Sheryl and Ranka. 

Macross tried to catch some of that idol madness that sprouted from Love Live, and it didn't work for them.

Edited by eggy99

As someone who watched Love Live and Delta, there is no comparison to the amount of character building between the two series.

The Walkure girls apart from Freya are just tropes pasted together, with very little depth. The fact they all sound the same doesn't help. They should have given each character an arc with at least 3 episodes, or maybe 2 if they got some important roles in the arcs of others. 

Frankly I'm surprised that the Walkure music group is getting as much attention as it is, but I guess that's more about the music than the characters.

I understand WHY the characters (or at least figures of them) aren't as popular as one would expect, I just find it odd that they're still being pushed so hard everywhere else regardless. I'd have thought they'd make at least one more token effort at figures of them. Like I said, however I felt about them as part of the show, I'd have paid good money for figures of them in their various movie outfits.

I'm with @Sanity is Optional on this. I've watched the first season of Love Live and while "like" is probably too strong a word to describe it, I did enjoy that show more than Delta (which isn't really saying much). That show definitely put more effort into developing and differentiating its characters than Delta ever did. All of Delta's so-called "development" came in a series of tediously long character exposition info dumps, which are a hallmark of lazy writing. The entire Walkure "development" came in a single episode long info dump near the end of the series.

The only standout voice among the Walkure is Junna; should've just made her the voice of the series, instead of diluting the idol pool among five characters like that.

As far as character merchandise, it's all about what sells. Walkure merchandise apparently doesn't sell as well, so they're going back to Sheryl and Ranka.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:36 AM, eXis10z said:

More Kujis come Oct and Nov

9E80C281-75F9-4BDF-A3FE-7A265BFAE459.jpeg

C056B4EA-0C46-4216-AFDD-10998CF9396F.jpeg

This looks nice. :wub:

Would be nice if Bandai will also make the Walküre Knight (Valkyiria) costume that they did in episode 17 to go along with these two 'Greek/Goddess' theme. Just sayin'. ^_^

Just now, Big s said:

I think they found the most creative way to shut up noisy geese.

If those were Canada Geese they'd be tearing them a new one.... Swans too. :D

I'd like an official [I'll settle for sensical] explanation on the Butt-Wing please!! it's SO WEIRD I need to know...

Edited by slide

34 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

For those interested in getting the Breetai figure from MEP Toys, the preorder is already open:

https://www.meptoys.com/product-page/6-zentradi-commander-breetai

Thanks for the heads up. Got one :)

I purchased one. But it could very well be my last.

I hope they respond to my inquiry regarding Standard Zentran Soldiers.  That is what I really want.  I really am not impressed by anything else they have teased and I honestly am just buying the Britai because of the lack of an SHF...and the potential demise of the KC 6" line, which I personally think would produce a better Britai and/or Standard Zentradi Soldier. 

Something is better than nothing in this case....at least it looks better than the old Matchbox Britai! ;)

Ordered another Britai to combine orders and shipping.  Also got refunded the shipping from my first order.  Britai will be cool with the HMR VF-1 and his ship can go in the background of the HMR and 1/100 Zentradi.