CF18

• 2 weeks later...

Silver Klang arrived yesterday, then Regular Klang today. Chibi-Ranka was a welcome surprise.

EDIT:

Oh, by the by, I didn't realize the Chibi Ranka was included, so if anyone wants it, gimme a PM with an offer. Main priority is just getting it to someone who wants it. (Item weighs a ton, though. Fair warning.)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45703-anime-character-figures/

20180702_145155_HDR.thumb.jpg.2c120fa9c6e28ff7bd5a0251f0cbdd9d.jpg

20180703_164621_HDR.jpg.e70a7fc3f1121c73699e7af64723c818.jpg

20180703_164642_HDR.jpg.8a511ab41dad471bb94d8470e1ed6552.jpg

Edited by kajnrig

Hey all. A few months back @Lolicon was talking about the Excellent Model Miclone Klan in the recent purchases thread after I showed off my purchase. I'm just now taking it out of the box and setting it up and I was wondering if any of you who have it could tell me how/if you got the base pegs to fit into the foot.

On 4/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, Lolicon said:

Very nice!

I do have to warn you about the display stands for this figure and the Nyan Nyan outfit Ranka. Megahouse used a really crappy weak plastic for the connection points that the feet mount onto. Over time they weaken and break just from the stress of holding the figure up, which you'll note is the only job it has. I know because I have both of those figures and they both broke from just sitting on display.

I ended up just gluing Klan's foot to the stand.

I see what they're saying about the pegs being weak, but they also seem to be too long for the foot to begin with; I can't fit the foot onto the base at all. Did that happen with you, or did you go straight to the broken peg and glue phase?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by kajnrig

On 7/6/2018 at 2:36 PM, kajnrig said:

Hey all. A few months back @Lolicon was talking about the Excellent Model Miclone Klan in the recent purchases thread after I showed off my purchase. I'm just now taking it out of the box and setting it up and I was wondering if any of you who have it could tell me how/if you got the base pegs to fit into the foot.

I see what they're saying about the pegs being weak, but they also seem to be too long for the foot to begin with; I can't fit the foot onto the base at all. Did that happen with you, or did you go straight to the broken peg and glue phase?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I don't recall having any issues fitting the pegs into the foot, though that was several years ago. The pegs broke like a year later, just from the stress of holding the figure up. Well, more like the pegs started to bend, causing Klan to slowly lean to one side, before finally giving way. 

30 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

They're pretty close in size.

Thank you @Lolicon for the pic! I'll pickup the FAZero figures.  You hhave enable the enabler.

I wanted to make sure of size, I don't want one set of figures towering over the others in photos. :lol:

Also, the boxes for the FAZero figures are a lot bigger than I thought they would be.

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

I wanted to make sure of size, I don't want one set of figures towering over the others in photos. :lol:

I'll try to get some pics tonight or so of my burgeoning collection, too. From memory of what I have...

- SQ and Figuarts Zero = ~1/10, 15-18cm
- all the various Ichiban Kuji Rankas and Sheryls = ~1/7, 23cm
- Ichiban Kuji Klan = ~1/6, 27cm
- Excellent Model Klan Miclone = ~1/8, 20cm

Also, the boxes for the FAZero figures are a lot bigger than I thought they would be.

I think they're sometimes designed them with a lot of empty space both to suggest a larger size of the figure than they actually are and also to ensure they're well-protected. The pose and dress also sometimes play a role; can't have a small box if your dress flares out in every direction (which unfortunately a lot of the Frontier figures do...).

EDIT:

oh also

On 7/9/2018 at 12:33 AM, Lolicon said:

I don't recall having any issues fitting the pegs into the foot, though that was several years ago. The pegs broke like a year later, just from the stress of holding the figure up. Well, more like the pegs started to bend, causing Klan to slowly lean to one side, before finally giving way. 

I ended up having to cut off like 1cm from the longer of the two pegs before the foot could finally touch base. Perhaps this will help the strength of the peg, too, but I'll get back in a year and let you know.

Edited by kajnrig

7 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I'll try to get some pics tonight or so of my burgeoning collection, too. From memory of what I have...

- SQ and Figuarts Zero = ~1/10, 15-18cm
- all the various Ichiban Kuji Rankas and Sheryls = ~1/7, 23cm
- Ichiban Kuji Klan = ~1/6, 27cm
- Excellent Model Klan Miclone = ~1/8, 20cm

I think they're sometimes designed them with a lot of empty space both to suggest a larger size of the figure than they actually are and also to ensure they're well-protected. The pose and dress also sometimes play a role; can't have a small box if your dress flares out in every direction (which unfortunately a lot of the Frontier figures do...).

EDIT:

oh also

I ended up having to cut off like 1cm from the longer of the two pegs before the foot could finally touch base. Perhaps this will help the strength of the peg, too, but I'll get back in a year and let you know.

Thank you @kajnrig! I look forward to your pics.

When I was researching the figures, I kept seeing photos of the box fronts, but it didn't dawn on me till I saw @Lolicon's photo how big they were. Its good through, so they protect the figure.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Got a Makina figure!

Macross_Delta_Makina_DSC06515.jpg.fa2f3fd0d3ddbd8e1c1ba23cfeaaa8a7.jpgMacross_Delta_Makina_DSC06517.jpg.3747db92e5e2fc324f7324591625cdfd.jpg

I vowed never to buy another statue figure but I like this one so much I ordered the other version after I opened this one.:ph34r:

Nice!

Since the SQ figures are so cheap, might as well get all the Walkure... :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Nice!

Since the SQ figures are so cheap, might as well get all the Walkure... :rolleyes:

Trust me, I'm thinking about it! But I'd still rather have articulated figures and I have the two SHF already so I'll possibly get the other ones to fill out the group.

18 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You're welcome. Did you pick up a Black Bunny while you were at it?

I didn't get the Black Bunny outfit, just the Sayonara no Tsubasa regular color for now. ;)

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Got a Makina figure!

I vowed never to buy another statue figure but I like this one so much I ordered the other version after I opened this one.:ph34r:

Makina! :wub:

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Well, now that I have Makina, I figured it was time to open my SHF Walkure girls

Macross_Delta_SHF_Walkure_DSC06674.jpg.87863b48a38ee61872392c487e927f58.jpg

Somewhat annoying that Bandai won't give us the entire group in SHF format. And we get a white outfit anniversary Sheryl but no anime color version? Where's my Ranka Lee SHF? Even the Ichiban Kuji line only gave us Freyja and Mikumo. Curse Bandai's bizarre release decisions.

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Somewhat annoying that Bandai won't give us the entire group in SHF format. And we get a white outfit anniversary Sheryl but no anime color version? Where's my Ranka Lee SHF? Even the Ichiban Kuji line only gave us Freyja and Mikumo. Curse Bandai's bizarre release decisions.

It is annoying which is why I ended up buying that SQ Makina. But now I’m starting to warm to the appeal of statues. Sure, I prefer articulation but in the end these are just eye candy accessories to put with my Valks and the SHF don’t have the um, same amount of details as the statues. 

23 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Nice figures.  I have figures from other Macross series but haven’t pulled the trigger on any Delta figures.

The good thing is they should all be easy to get if you decide to. Probably for less than preorder price too. 

I ended up ordering that Hikaru (Rick) figure too. Can’t miss out on the crew if they end up making more, especially M&M. 

Edited by Slave IV

Going to poke my head into this thread and mention if anyone has seen this?

http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/11/super-7-robotech-reaction-figures-305591

Most likely that HG has totally ticked off a huge chunk of Macross fans due to the multiple lawsuits against not importing Macross related items into the US and the muiltiple lawsuits against other companies as well.

On a side note, I have planned to get a few figures as of now, however will have to save up some funds.

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Going to poke my head into this thread and mention if anyone has seen this?

http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/11/super-7-robotech-reaction-figures-305591

Most likely that HG has totally ticked off a huge chunk of Macross fans due to the multiple lawsuits against not importing Macross related items into the US and the muiltiple lawsuits against other companies as well.

On a side note, I have planned to get a few figures as of now, however will have to save up some funds.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45322-super-store-7-sdf-regult-vf/

So this happed last night.  So there I was watching a Toho classic and suddenly Ranka just falls over very slowly.  My heart stopped as she came to a rest on my old Yamato Zeros.

Now I got this figure new, and its never been disassembled and always in a case.  And only lightly handled to dust.   It looks like the large clear peg just sheered off at the foot.:(  I guess ill just drill it out and replace it with a brass rod. 

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

4 hours ago, hal9000 said:

So this happed last night.  So there I was watching a Toho classic and suddenly Ranka just falls over very slowly.  My heart stopped as she came to a rest on my old Yamato Zeros.

Now I got this figure new, and its never been disassembled and always in a case.  And only lightly handled to dust.   It looks like the large clear peg just sheered off at the foot.:(  I guess ill just drill it out and replace it with a brass rod. 

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

That's what @Lolicon was mentioning about in his post on 2018/04/12 about the clear plastic under the feet and that they crumble after a certain amount of time; however, your copy of Nyan Nyan Ranka is different issue.

I'm planning to get the Miclone Klang and it looks like that I will have to remove the clear base and use the cement glue (for model kits) to tack on the foot to the base.. 

22 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's odd that the heel peg just slipped out. Someone screwed up their sizing, it should have had to snap both pegs to do that.

yep, it sits nicely on the little heel peg but it just falls right over.
I guess its the future of all our figures.:( 

Clear plastic is always more brittle than opaque*, and frankly shouldn't be used for any piece under stress, that's a tight fit, is a hinge, or bears weight.  It WILL crack, and then break, eventually.  It simpoly has no "give" at all.  It won't bend 1 degree, it'll just microscopically crack. 

*we're talking among the normal ABS/PS/PE/PC used for figures, not "miracle plastics" like F-16 canopy material...