CF18

It's not prepainted. It's molded in colored plastic parts like a gunpla kit. You'll have to do a lot of painting to make it look like those promo pics.

This is what it looks like unpainted:

plamax%20ranka_zpsspjhaogs.jpg

For those that want a Ranka figure like that but don't want to deal with painting, you can always get the Ichiban Kuji or Banpresto completed figures. Usually available for cheap.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1034479042&ref=list

Edited by Lolicon

So glad I preordered the PLAMAX Minmay! That packaging and poster looks great. Cant wait for Ranka and Sheryl. Now I want a PLAMAX Sharon, heck give me the black box on a stand if you want :p

I had high hopes from PLAMAX ever since I took the plunge on their Machine Caliber kit a while back. It is amazingly packaged, the box is great, the additional material included is very nice and the kit is really good with water slides included... all in all top quality product.

It's not prepainted. It's molded in colored plastic parts like a gunpla kit. You'll have to do a lot of painting to make it look like those promo pics.

This is what it looks like unpainted:

plamax%20ranka_zpsspjhaogs.jpg

Ooops. My bad. When I said pre-painted, I meant the plastic are already molded in colors. Guess I used the wrong term. Should've used the right description. Silly me. Hehehe. :D Sorry for the he confusion, jvmacross. ^_^ Edited by no3Ljm

Ooops. My bad. When I said pre-painted, I meant the plastic are already molded in colors. Guess I used the wrong term. Should've used the right description. Silly me. Hehehe. :D Sorry for the he confusion, jvmacross. ^_^

No worries...I actually don't want to paint it...is there a pic out there showing what it looks like assembled out of the box?

That Ranka figure is lovely but dang Mirage in her "leave nothing to your imagination" flight suit is a must have! The Ranka figure is so small.. 90mm tall. At least Mirage is a slightly better size at 160mm. Pre orders are September 1 yes?

Well, they are 2 different product lines. Of course, if size matters to you (and as well it should!), you can always get the Figuarts Zero Ranka I listed earlier, which should be about the same size as Mirage.

I'm willing to bet there will eventually be a larger scale Ichiban Kuji version of Mirage somewhere down the line though.

Isnt it stupid... you get all these large scale Macross Human figures yet you cant get Zentran and Meltrandi figures the same size... which would make them about 1/72 - 1/60 scale to go with all our Models and DX units.

If these are anything like previous Macross Figuarts Zero figures...I bet these end up being discounted at HLJ.

That also puts more pressure on me to nab a DX VF-31C. :(

Edited by UN Spacy