CF18

How do people who would own these explain to others why they own them? Girls I could understand, but this is as bad as dudes collecting My Lil Pony.

How do people who would own these explain to others why they own them? Girls I could understand, but this is as bad as dudes collecting My Lil Pony.

Because tiny plastic women, that's why. And have I ever mentioned how awesome My Little Pony is? :p

Edited by anime52k8

Because tiny plastic women, that's why. And have I ever mentioned how awesome My Little Pony is? :p

As soon as you said tiny plastic women and all I could think of is LA. My father would beat me if he ever thought I was into something like MLP.

megahouse needs to make a grace in her normal clothes and cathy in her nuns uniform re-moveable of course

edit: i do like the shery dressed like basara

Edited by Murphy

megahouse needs to make a grace in her normal clothes and cathy in her nuns uniform re-moveable of course

I seriously read that as "cathy in her nun uniform" and had to do a triple take. :lol: I still need to find high-res scans of the Cathy nose-art from the Ozma decals.

Agreed on the sad lack of Grace.. well, anything. Is the only official figure we have of her the 1/60 one that came with the green VF-27? :huh:

IIRC, the 1/60 Green VF-27 came with the same pilot as the brera version, only painted green. the Green VF-27 model kits pilot was a unique mold that was sufficiently busty enough to qualify as Grace.

simple. they have a strong attachment to the character(s).

take myself, for example; i'm strongly attached to one Mikuru Asahina of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" fame.

i consider myself immensely lucky to have a (SHOCK/GASP/HORROR) 11" doll of her, and, yes, i'm a 30 year old guy.

color me mad, blind and/or gay, but i wouldn't be able to bring myself to trade her for all the Valks in the world...

Welcome to 2012, where MLP:FIM represents the highest ideals of masculinity!

gee, and just 20/30 years ago, so many had theorized that humanity

would have the solar system colonized by 2010 or thereabouts...

fast forward to a little ways on PAST that very actual date, and the current state of the gloriously foretold human condition?

"MY LITTLE PONY; FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC" and it's strong male cult fanbase are one of the most notable phenomenon of recent years!!

"Radiant Future" indeed!! L. RON HUBBARD rotates in his resting place!!

Edited by Shaorin

I finally picked up Banpresto's Ichiban Kuji flag Sheryl thinking she's an easy 1/8th scale.

Booooooy was I wrong...she's clearly 1/7 or a 1/6th scale. HUGE!!! :)

Well, if anyone asks about them, I just point out, that in a way, they're kinda hot. Noone has ever questioned my manhood, and the wife is ok with them, so it's really a non issue. If anyone were to ask why I own them, my response would be simply "they're hot." An anime with transforming jets, great songs, space battles, and hot animated characters, it's a whole package..

Fair enough Jason. I'm not judging, I'm a huge believer of "to each, their own". Just because I don't agree or understand doesn't make it wrong in my book. Travelling all over the world will and seeing humanity at it's finest and at it's worst will give a guy a little bit of perspective.

I have to admit that I like the Sheryl Nurse version. Looking at the photo does this mean that the figure will be 45cm tall with a price tag of 28,000 yen or does the Ranka Nurse figure come as a 2 figure set??

I am another person that collects Japanese figures which includes super deformed figures. While travelling around Japan over the years they just seem to be the norm of what people collect over there. I have plenty of mecha collectibles and I like to offset them with figures. Some of my earlier figures where the IMAI models and then I bought the ARII Macross 15th Anniversary figures when they first came out. I have been buying these type of figures ever since.

Edited by shazam

I have to admit that I like the Sheryl Nurse version. Looking at the photo does this mean that the figure will be 45cm tall with a price tag of 28,000 yen or does the Ranka Nurse figure come as a 2 figure set??

the 45cm measurement is in reference to the pillow cover shown behind them, and I think the 28,000 yen refers to the per case price.

IIRC, the 1/60 Green VF-27 came with the same pilot as the brera version, only painted green. the Green VF-27 model kits pilot was a unique mold that was sufficiently busty enough to qualify as Grace.

Yup, only the 1/72 kit includes a newly-molded pilot, the DX just repainted Brera into a generic CF lackey male pilot. So we only have half-a-Grace. (as the kit pilots are cut off at the waist)

So umm... I own this one: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-1917&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmacross+clan%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

the Megahouse Armored Klan figure. Not too long ago it took a gnarly shelf dive which kind of wrecked to arms that connect the boosters to her backpack. I kind of fixed them to the point that the figure can stand for display but I kind of want to get a new one. The problem is it's an out of production figure so the cheapest I can still find it is $175 shipped on eBay which is something like $60 over what I payed the first time.

So the first thing I'd like to as is could somebody please tell me this is a shitty idea and I shouldn't do it? And the second thing is, would anyone be interested in an otherwise complete Armored Klan with a broken backpack for $60+shipping? :mellow:

This is a @#$% idea and you shouldn't do it ;) . Save your money for valks! Seriously though, I'm with Benson. To each his own. If you loved that figure and want it that badly, then it's worth it.

Edited by mass driver

So umm... I own this one: http://www.amiami.co...0%24pagecnt%3D1

the Megahouse Armored Klan figure. Not too long ago it took a gnarly shelf dive which kind of wrecked to arms that connect the boosters to her backpack. I kind of fixed them to the point that the figure can stand for display but I kind of want to get a new one. The problem is it's an out of production figure so the cheapest I can still find it is $175 shipped on eBay which is something like $60 over what I payed the first time.

So the first thing I'd like to as is could somebody please tell me this is a shitty idea and I shouldn't do it? And the second thing is, would anyone be interested in an otherwise complete Armored Klan with a broken backpack for $60+shipping? :mellow:

here u go bro.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-901137.html

just a thought, I either have really bad luck with megahouse products or there's some fundamentally flawed design work going on with them, because I only have three figures made by them but they've all experianced breakages of some sort. besides the klan figures, I also bought their first Sheryl figure which had one of the pegs that connect her feet to the base shear off and her riding crop snap; and before both of those I bought their queens blade Nanael which had the ball joint that her sword connects to crack.

I have no idea why I didn't think to check Mandarake first... Now if I do get it, should I try to sell the broken one? It would be nice to have one to display with armor on and one with armor off; and then I'd have 3 flight suit Klans and... :wacko:

:edit:

There's a opened/damaged box listing on there too for 7,000 yen. If a Mandarake listing doesn't mention the contents in the description, does that mean it's complete/undamaged?

Edited by anime52k8

I bought the Armored Klan from HLJ way back when it was on sale at 60% off... and promptly sold it because of the spectacularly crappy stand system, where instead of one stable stand, you had to sort of balance it on several tiny stands connected to ball joints, making it a pain to set up or, god forbid, actually move it.

Glad it sold for way more than I paid for it. :)

Got a micro Klan instead and am much happier.

post-9743-0-39951000-1338749264_thumb.jpg

Your post is so broken Nanoplasm... I am throwing money at the screen, but nothing is happening!

Sigh, still no Grace figures. (Grace in Mylene's outfit would rock)

Mylene outfit Grace would rock, but personally I'd rather have a figure of Grace feeling herself in Sivil's "flight suit" :D