CF18

26 minutes ago, VF-Zero said:

I may get that Basara figure. Basara is a cool dude, combaining the valkyrie pilot and the deculture singer into one character was a good idea, but Macross 7 was in total was a train wreck..... What was Kawamori thinking doing such a poor quality anime, after such a good anime like Macross Plus...

FYI, 7 (1994) predates Plus (1995).

Also OVAs usually are higher quality due to higher budget per episode.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

FYI, 7 (1994) predates Plus (1995).

Also OVAs usually are higher quality due to higher budget per episode.

Macross Plus released August 1994.

Macross 7 released October 1994.

But that is correct. Production and quality for OAV is higher.

Edited by no3Ljm

Same here. I'm amazed there haven't been more figures for such a milestone character... or maybe I'm just overstating her influence on the industry. :lol: I've been wanting to get a quality figure ever since that wonky Arcadia figure was announced - wasn't it super expensive, too? - so I'm happy to see this announced.  And the new Ranka figure, too, I feel like everyone's ignoring it here. :lol:

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Another upcoming Sheryl and Ranka figures announcement from Winter WonderFest. They sure can't get enough of these two, huh? :rolleyes:

34-1.jpg.b2d1bf889f56dd9d559dd9967889fe4f.jpg

Is this the one you're referring too, @kajnrig?

Well, Sheryl and Ranka are both more popular than anyone from Delta. They never even finished out most of the Walkure figure sets, did they?

Edited by Sanity is Optional

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Another upcoming Sheryl and Ranka figures announcement from Winter WonderFest. They sure can't get enough of these two, huh? :rolleyes:

Is this the one you're referring too, @kajnrig?

Maybe. If it's the same as this:

On 2/5/2022 at 1:31 AM, no3Ljm said:

Megahouse Pre-painted Lucrea Series Theatrical Release "Macross F ~The Labyrinth of Time~ RANKA LEE" Figure.
TBA

MHS02.jpg.2dc60ca91009591e009a9cbff58db7f6.jpg

...then yes. If not, no, and now I'm triple excited. A new Minmay AND a new Ranka AND another new Ranka AND a new Sheryl? Come oooooon, roll the dice, let's get that Mirage announcement!

15 hours ago, kajnrig said:

...then yes. If not, no, and now I'm triple excited. A new Minmay AND a new Ranka AND another new Ranka AND a new Sheryl? Come oooooon, roll the dice, let's get that Mirage announcement!

It's a little bit confusing actually. Because the silhouetted ones came from eStream and not MegaHouse. But I'm not 100% sure if that's the case because I'm kind trying to analyze the silhouette against the announced MegaHouse, some part of it esp the umbrella portion kind of have some similarity. But then, eStream is a diffferent company than MegaHouse so my guess there will be 2 new Ranka figure(?).

Anyways, let's wait for more info down the line. All I'm just waiting actually is a gorgeous looking pre-painted Minmay figure. :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Shouldn't be. The figures have the titles Ranka Amaterasu (Sun Goddess) and Sheryl Tsukuyomi (Moon Goddess). I can't see Ranka's Labrynth of Time figure being mixed into that. More options... which we'd get the SMS team though.

On 2/17/2022 at 2:34 PM, borgified said:

Looks better than the Arcadia Minmei Flashback 2012 version honestly (and why did Arcadia cut corners on that version??)   

Not really cut corners so much as go the 3D printing route instead of standard PVC figure production. 

Maybe one day 3D printed figures will look as good as PVC figures, but that time is not now! 

That new Minmay is from which company?

To me it looks like it will be a high quality figure with a modern-style sculpt. 

But it doesn't have the 80s/Mikimoto style that I love.

2 hours ago, arbit said:

That new Minmay is from which company?

To me it looks like it will be a high quality figure with a modern-style sculpt. 

But it doesn't have the 80s/Mikimoto style that I love.

If you haven’t noticed the few posts above this page, that new Minmay figure is from Arcadia based on this recent Mikimoto image. And yes, I also prefer his 80’s style.

A3F6A079-0A7D-420C-B535-AF50082E90CB.jpeg.fa9bf754af991f603ec96e2ab9e0fc07.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

• 4 months later...

Here are my Macross figures!

48745649603_b1824f7fd1_b.jpg

I saw this figure at Book Off in New York City one day. I decided to go to the store on the day of a doll meet to see if she was still there, and she was. Yes, I was attracted to her for obvious reasons :D And she wasn't in the best of condition. But gosh darn it, I just loved her. I didn't even know what franchise she was from back then. I just knew I wanted to bring her home. It turns out she's Sheryl from Macross Frontier, and it began a love of Sheryl and Macross in general.

52144456951_fc9ed8fe32_b.jpg

This Christmas Sheryl figure on the right was a Christmas gift from a lady who is very special to me. She's proudly displayed above my computer. I found out that the stand she came with was a combo stand, so I could get the matching Ranka figure and display them both. I'm not the biggest Ranka fan, but she's adorable and is a cute addition next to her friend Sheryl.

52144456961_108657140b_b.jpg

This is the crown jewel of my figure collection. Yet another Sheryl. This is her mid-transformation between her black and white bunny costumes. More than a little cheeky :D She's a higher end take on my first Sheryl figure. The details on the figure herself are spectacular. There are portions of both of her costumes in use, and they're both sculpted top notch. Sheryl's lovely hair, gorgeous body, and beautiful face make for an unforgettable feminine sight. The whole setup is impressive, too. Intricately arranged gears and cabling that complete the theme in both visual and functional manners. I've had figures that have bases that aren't simply flat ground, but the whole support structure is used to a whole different level here. I'm also not 100% sure exactly where Sheryl herself is anchored in the setup. I think she's mostly secured from the top, of all places, but I'm not 100% sure. Whatever's going on, this Sheryl has some serious magic that makes me smile every time I see her :)

32295187616_9214c7ec95_b.jpg

Finally, this one actually isn't mine, but I used to run a monthly ball jointed doll meetup in Central NJ, and there was a person who had a Sheryl Dollfie Dream and brought her to the meet. This was long before I knew who Sheryl was and only had a passing knowledge of the difference between Robotech and Macross.

Edited by Gamma00Ray

So 1/7 = 10 inch/25.cm as we know that 1/6 = 12 inch/30.5 cm. Figuratively some 1/6 figures are shorter/taller depending on the actor/actress.

Price will possible be around the Glamorous "I dream of Genie" Sheryl when it was first announced? :unknw: