CF18

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, no3Ljm said:

Banpresto Ichiban Kuji stuff for the upcoming Delta movie and Frontier's.

aSLnI8ZxNTfhD3.jpg.b74259677f9715d5ff55d6b08aa492c6.jpg

MACROSS_syosyutu_1002px_ty56fuyuhi_02.png.cf6619a17deb8b28945f087b346bddc6.png

I must have that Freyja figure!  I couldn't find any preorders, so I'm assuming this is just announced and not yet taking orders?

On 10/9/2021 at 1:23 PM, Pontus said:

I must have that Freyja figure!  I couldn't find any preorders, so I'm assuming this is just announced and not yet taking orders?

Not sure if you can preorder. I think those are Ichiban Kuji stuff so it's a lottery where you buy tickets for a chance to randomly win the different grade prizes. 

@Pontus and others:

Details for Delta Live Fre Fre

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/1324947

White Lily Sheryl 

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/1324944

Note: Release date for both according to myfigurecollection -  Nov. 23, 2021.

Keep your eyes peeled on either Manda, Jungle or Amiami after release date to see if their selling them when listed.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:11 AM, ValkAddict said:

At least these two statues seem reasonably priced, unlike the forthcoming Macross 7 statues ... *sigh*

The price listed on MyFigCollection is the Ichiiban Kuji lottery ticket price. Typically there will be -70-80 ticket per Kuji kit, and within that kit you have a 6/80 chance to get an A prize (a nice figure for example) if you are pulling a ticket from a fresh kit. The more people that buy tickets and don't pull an A prize, the higher your chances of pulling an a prize. If you play Kuji in Japan or at an Event/Convention then you can strategically buy all the remaining tickets, if there aren't many left in the kit, and there are still a decent number of A prizes left. There is also the LAST prize for purchasing the final ticket, which gets you the a pretty good prize too (usually a variant of 1 of the A prizes).

In the past when there were lots of Macross Frontier Kuji, and the Ranka and Sheryl figures would be going for around ¥6K-10K, depending on how popular they were. Some retailers were buying whole kits and instead of selling the tickets, they were breaking down the kits and selling all the parts separately. I'm not sure if retailers are doing this anything as Bandai Spirits might have cracked down on that.

Quality of A prize figures is slightly better than UFO catcher prize figures, and as they are harder to come by, they command a higher price by resellers.

So you won't see these sold by Amiami (unless 2nd hand), so best bet is Manda, Jungle or Yahoo Auctions via Buyee.

Edited by eggy99

On 10/13/2021 at 7:11 AM, ValkAddict said:

At least these two statues seem reasonably priced, unlike the forthcoming Macross 7 statues ... *sigh*

Yes, it's reasonably prized but that's not the actual amount it's going to go for once it shows up on Mandarake. Also, the MegaHouse Mac7 statues are more high-quality than the Banpresto ones. ;) 

I'm disappointed that Bandai killed off the Walkure S.H.Figuarts line after Freyja and Mikumo. They teased the rest of Walkure, and then nothing, which is probably due to the poor sales of Freyja and Mikumo.

We did get a full set of Walkure Kuju figures though, which I think the special LAST prize was Mirage in Walkure idol costume, and some members here were able to obtain the full set. They looked OK for that quality level of figure.

Bandai also released Figuarts Zero of Freyja, Mikumo and Mirage I think, and those also didn't sell well... shelf warmers to this day on HLJ (maybe they're been cleared finally in the recent sales this year).

I remember Ranka and Sheryl got soooo many figures from many manufacturers. Walkure just didn't take off the same way Ranka and Sheryl did.

I'm hoping for some new premium Macross Frontier and Delta figures with the release of the new movie.

40 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

I'm disappointed that Bandai killed off the Walkure S.H.Figuarts line after Freyja and Mikumo. They teased the rest of Walkure, and then nothing, which is probably due to the poor sales of Freyja and Mikumo.

We did get a full set of Walkure Kuju figures though, which I think the special LAST prize was Mirage in Walkure idol costume, and some members here were able to obtain the full set. They looked OK for that quality level of figure.

Bandai also released Figuarts Zero of Freyja, Mikumo and Mirage I think, and those also didn't sell well... shelf warmers to this day on HLJ (maybe they're been cleared finally in the recent sales this year).

I remember Ranka and Sheryl got soooo many figures from many manufacturers. Walkure just didn't take off the same way Ranka and Sheryl did.

I'm hoping for some new premium Macross Frontier and Delta figures with the release of the new movie.

Mirage Figuarts Zero was the first Macross figure statue I ever bought and I vowed never to buy another after I got that. After seeing other options including the Banpresto, I again say that those are worth it to me if they have characters/looks that you want. The Figuarts Zero Mirage cost 5-6 or even more times more than the Banpresto versions and there is no additional quality that I perceive as worth paying any amount more for. 

I would have paid or the SHF Walkure figures if they ever came out with them but now I'm kind of glad they didn't and I got Banpresto for much less. These idol figures are just display accessories for my Valks and I really don't need articulated figures or high end, precious material statues of them. If they make more SHF, give us "action figures" like that Britai they teased!

1 hour ago, ValkAddict said:

@no3Ljm - I own a few Banpresto statues and they seem decent to me.

Same here. I have a few. I'm just pointing out that they're not of the same quality as MegaHouse statues. It just so happen that MegaHouse made a high quality Mac7 statues instead of coming from Banpresto. I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys will get that instead since we all know MegaHouse releases are expensive. ;) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I may get that Basara figure. Basara is a cool dude, combaining the valkyrie pilot and the deculture singer into one character was a good idea, but Macross 7 was in total was a train wreck..... What was Kawamori thinking doing such a poor quality anime, after such a good anime like Macross Plus...

18 minutes ago, VF-Zero said:

but Macross 7 was in total was a train wreck....

Agreed. Though I liked the idea of the main protagonists fight together as a rock band, the story was lame. After half of the episodes it was hard for me to go on and watch until the (for me) unsatisfying end. And the valks didn’t catch me as well. I like most of the characters though. I think I would get the other two band members as well if available.