CF18

On 6/3/2021 at 1:55 PM, ValkAddict said:

Would love to get these - but they're so pricey - for statues. Approx $300 US for the pair ... ouch.

Understood. The price is always the problem esp for a static figure. However, as an individual figure, this new figures still beats Arcadia's recent Minmay 3D figure in terms of pricing (Y16500), size, and quality-wise. ;) 

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=288

03121804_5c87763bb2730.jpg

Macross 7 is my #1 anime and anything of all time.  Reserved mine at  AmiAmi & MegatreShop (through White Rabbit Express).  As this is an exclusive, I'm guessing BBTS just bought some like everyone else, which would explain the markup.  I do hope enough sales lead to more M7 figures in the future, we'll see. 

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Now there's a statement nobody ever said ever. :blink:

I get it :lol:, but Macross 7 got me through a difficult period in my life, so yeah.. my obsession.  

FB-Group.png

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

He looks pretty cool next to that box...not as purplish....💜

The color never bothered me but yeah, the figure looks pretty good and feels improved over the Hikaru figure. Of course, it completely different but it's good to see they keep trying to make things better.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

How's Ro...er...my articulation do I have more range of movement compared to Hikaru 

Haha, you have a similar design but everything enlarged which helps overall with the articulation. Double joined elbows and knees increase the range of motion there but not hugely, it mostly just looks better than the revo style joints used on Hikaru. It loses the additional waist joint that Hikaru has but the upper torso joint is way better and makes up for it. Neck joint is similar but less forward back range maybe due to hair. Overall, all the joints and plastic feels a lot better and more durable than Hikaru's.

Edit: I was going to mention apparent bicep swivels on Roy but I haven’t been able to get either to move on my figure. I doubt they would make them like that if they don’t move but mine don’t budge. 

Edited by Slave IV

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Got her in the back there in this temporary display until I can get them all moved to a proper Macross shelf. 

C37E437A-689F-4BD9-80ED-9B0FBF904C57.jpeg.04fd93472ed19cd593773363f7c095a1.jpeg

He seems to dwarf Hikaru.. not just the height, but everything else. As if a different scale altogether..:unknw:

Waiting for mine to arrive..

4 minutes ago, MKT said:

He seems to dwarf Hikaru.. not just the height, but everything else. As if a different scale altogether..:unknw:

Waiting for mine to arrive..

Yeah, that's what in saying! It looks take than other 1/12 figures including Hulk and I think even taller than most my Sentinel Re:Edit figures. I don't get it but in bot to concerned either. Main thing is it a good figure and looks great.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

It looks take than other 1/12 figures including Hulk

That just means your Hulk isn't 1:12, buddy.  😅

He seems to scale well with a wide variety of my figures...

one-twelfth-Roy.jpg.63ba37b74e31a3c6d05eec8ca8dbc3bf.jpg

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Main thing is it a good figure and looks great.

And he comes armed to the teeth! 😬

245360714_totheteeth.jpg.2411fd6c48cd4669c7f9ced584cee0b4.jpg

9 hours ago, MKT said:

Looks pretty much on point to me.  He IS a different scale: European scale vs Asian.  Humans come in a whole range of sizes for every need.  Get yours today!

image.jpeg.7ce1f651339192fab5b2826060172dc7.jpeg

Edited by Pontus

3 hours ago, tekering said:

That just means your Hulk isn't 1:12, buddy.  😅

He seems to scale well with a wide variety of my figures...

one-twelfth-Roy.jpg.63ba37b74e31a3c6d05eec8ca8dbc3bf.jpg

Haha, I was thinking about ordering the Diamond Select Hulk but the latest ML Hulks are such good figures. Roy doesn't look out of place in that lineup and I'm usually the last to complain about size differences in figures but I wasn't complaining here either, the figure just looks noticeably taller than most any of my other "1/12" figures. Actually, being that tall means he probably wouldn't qualify for being a fighter pilot since Michael Myers is supposed to be 6'7" and Roy is about the same or maybe a bit taller than him there.

3 hours ago, tekering said:

And he comes armed to the teeth! 😬

245360714_totheteeth.jpg.2411fd6c48cd4669c7f9ced584cee0b4.jpg

Hehe, more appropriate if it was with the other two little white accessories he came with.

1 hour ago, Pontus said:

Looks pretty much on point to me.  He IS a different scale: European scale vs Asian.  Humans come in a whole range of sizes for every need.  Get yours today!

image.jpeg.7ce1f651339192fab5b2826060172dc7.jpeg

Haha, yeah. Well, I done got mine already so what are you waiting for?:D

I'm always telling people not to worry about minor scale differences and that I prefer to have variances to help my displays look more natural. I love this figure! I'm just curious what other people's reactions are when they open theirs because like I first said about it, this is one big boy!