CF18

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It's a shame KC doesn't work this fast...

:lol:

Toynami's Series 2 figures went up for pre-order in May -- of last year -- and were slated for a September 2019 release.  Ten months later, there's still no sign of them.  

Don't expect Series 3 until 2022... at the earliest.  <_<

[ . . . ]

Come to think of it, that's still faster than KC.  :unsure:

Sadly, they are still some of the only representations of those characters available. Or, in theory, to eventually be available.

I did like the prototypes they showed off a long while back, which had more joints and I think better overall design, similar aethetic:

https://news.toyark.com/2015/07/09/sdcc-2015-toynami-robotech-165866

I think those were done up by Ori Toy, though, weren't they? Then Toynami greatly simplified them for the little ones coming out now.

I'd have bought every little figure they released if they looked like those.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jasonc said:

It appears that a notice came out stating that the Sheryl Nome Gorgeous outfit figure has been pushed back to lat October.

:(

i'm normally very patient with my purchases, but this is the one figure this year that i want to have asap. well maybe except for the DX V5.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:55 PM, Major Focker said:

:(

i'm normally very patient with my purchases, but this is the one figure this year that i want to have asap. well maybe except for the DX V5.

I am feeling the exact same way. I've received several preorder items I wanted this year, but this is the one item I have really been wanting in hand just based on the detail and beauty of it. To wait until end of October, possibly November based on release date, kinda bums me out, but maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder?

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Does anyone else see a just cloned/macronised Zentraedi soldier when they look at this fig? 

61HAU0N0ITL._AC_SL1200_.thumb.jpg.3b143753468d736b37dfe60b9a8a3adf.jpg

I actually see Guld if you're actually thinking about it. ^_^

For $80 USD ($110 CND) for a TBLeague figure, you can try so do some kit bashing on it with your own handmade Zentradi armoured suits.

• 2 weeks later...

I have several of the Robotech Masterpiece veritech/valkyries as well as some other valkyries from other companies. I  normally collect anime cels through a proxy. One day I came across the Sheryl / Basara figure through the proxy. Being a Macross 7 & Macross Frontier I purchased it. I didn't know what to expect just looking at the pictures.  I tell you when I took that Sheryl out of the package and saw it for the first time and saw the amazing sculping and artwork, it started a whole new hobby & collection for me.

My Kitz Concepts "Lisa" came in today.

On the whole, it's much better than I expected. Looks good, and both the skirt and blouse are flexible plastic so even in a skirt you get pretty much full articulation.

Even manages to stand without support on a pair of high-heels, so decent stability/balance also.

Did you guys get them direct from Kitz?  I'm supposed to be getting a Lisa from BBTS, but they have been very slow lately.  Took them a week to ship my last item from my pile of loot.  Looks like I shoulda waited, but so far, Lisa is still listed as pre-order.