CF18

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:53 AM, borgified said:

Does anyone here have the CMS DYRL Mimay?

There's one on Manda for 10k yen, and we all know Manda describes all the items conditions.

Yes and autographed by Mari Iijima on Minmay’s birthday 10/10/10.

DD9F1500-1003-46CE-B9AC-384F61CE9229.jpeg.1c276f9e2ccf781ff844c02530a5cb65.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

• 2 weeks later...

This is sweet! :hi:

Here's the link for those who are curious from how it came to be: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/03/04-1/galactic-idols-join-forces-in-macross-concert-art

Got too many stuff so I'm cutting back and thinking of selling my Macross stuff at a later point in time. 

9fdb35c2db81ef3558668300c3a03f971551720417_full.png

Edited by borgified

24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Psycho ex-GF look...watch your back Hikaru!

:lol:

That's the vibe! I was wondering why it looked so odd to me, but her expression is that odd mix of completely dead eyes and absolute joy that gives me yandere vibes.

37 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

FB_IMG_1591636580732.jpg

Psycho ex-GF look...watch your back Hikaru!

:lol:

She is like saying 'i saw what you did back there with misa'. Yeah the eyes could do with a softer instead of the wide eye look

19 hours ago, jvmacross said:

44g0ie.jpg

No wonder they Crashed their fleet into a Black Hole...:D

On 6/15/2020 at 9:01 AM, sharky said:

I noticed HLJ.com has the SH Figuarts Sheryl on sale for $37.  I was in the fence at the higher price, but for $37 I decided to pull the trigger.  I think the Freyja is also discounted a similar amount.

https://www.hlj.com/s-h-figuarts-sheryl-nome-anniversary-special-color-ver-bann17771

Hmm a Sheryl Nome figure could be fun. Between the SH Figuarts version and the Megahouse version, anyone know which has better quality/screen accuracy ?

Edited by RIBFIR

On 6/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, RIBFIR said:

Ah that's an important distinction I didn't consider. Ty @jeniusornome !

Articulation aside the Megahouse Sheryl is bigger and better sculpted IMHO.  But that's par for the course when comparing an articulated vs. fixed pose figure.  Also, the Megahouse outer uniform costume can be removed, so you have a different display option.

Anyone one have this?  I got this from image from Pinterest if your wondering.

Manda has the actual listing of it (if your curious): Yellow Submarine 1/6 China Minmay for 10k yen (opened, package damaged, tape has dirt on it)

17b25995e2b1e27a4c4d51b0974912b1--yellow-submarine-submarines.jpg

On 6/17/2020 at 11:06 AM, ErikElvis said:

I wish they’d put out more fixed pose figures for macross. Dragon ball does a great job doing it. And they’re usually cheap. 

There's actually quite a few, just not regular retail releases. Most of them are ichiban kuji prizes and such.

1753232915_macrossfigures01.jpg.947237f88974aa2d8a455238ddeb3f52.jpg

1739562500_macrossfigures02.jpg.7d5050d371dc02585f186eee60a21dfe.jpg

I ended up preordering that ridiculously expensive Gorgeous Sheryl that comes out at the end of August.

I would call it pretty tame by Macross standards. 

for a series with a lot of strong female characters pushing an idol band whose latest single is “the future exists for women” there’s an awful lot of cheesecake. Sometimes canonically underage cheesecake. A lot of the Ranka statues are pretty f’d up IMO. 

I know it’s just part of anime culture, it’s a part I don’t especially like, but the characters aren’t flashing their underwear every episode of the show, or having their boobs nearly falling out of their clothes, Sheryl’s concerts aside, so I don’t see why every statue of them has to do it.

years from now if my daughter says she wants a Sheryl figure or statue because she likes the character, I will remember there’s at least one where she isn’t just an object for weebs to ogle.

People can like or dislike whatever they like. But I would think if you're that concerned with the plight of women and the kind of future you want for your daughter(s), then perhaps instead of wasting energy being offended by pretty tame anime merchandise, that energy would be better used to do something that actually helps women out? Like say making sure organizations like Planned Parenthood don't end up getting defunded or axed? Because they do way more for women than just abortions (which make up only a tiny fraction of the services they provide)?

It's really easy to sit around and act offended as if you have the moral high ground over others. It's another to actually do something that helps.

"Concert Outfit" Sheryl is never an issue.  Based on the show, she wears a suit that projects her outfits.  The only real skin you see is her hands, neck and face.  Well at least you can argue that.  :p

Your opinions about women are not wrong.  Women are important in any society.  However, everyone wants to feel attractive or desired at least sometimes.

Edited by DewPoint