CF18

My Breetai is in m Pile of Loot now on BBTS.  He's in stock for purchase as well.

I was just thinking that what we really need are figures that can fit in the Regult and Gluag.  I wouldn't even care if they were articulated as long as they were in a pose that could look like it's piloting the vehicle.

Edited by sharky

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone interested?

2 Macross Half Ages Girls Set at two different branches 

Heroine 1 (all 10) for 1.5k yen - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1129691835&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Heroine 2 (all 10) for 1.2k yen - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1129704341&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

* Check condition if interested *

11 hours ago, borgified said:

Anyone interested?

2 Macross Half Ages Girls Set at two different branches 

Heroine 1 (all 10) for 1.5k yen - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1129691835&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Heroine 2 (all 10) for 1.2k yen - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1129704341&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

* Check condition if interested *

Wow, uh... I'm a big fan of anime figures, and I don't even mind displaying straight up hentai ones in my house (there's nothing wrong with nudity in art as the human form is beautiful), but even though these are clothed, aren't these a bit pedo?  Maybe it's just me, but these make me a bit uncomfortable.  I'm not saying that whoever bought these is a pedo or that there's anything wrong with appreciating them for being cute, but I'm just not sure a toy company like Bandai should be taking scantily clad and/or large chested characters and making them 12yrs old without considering whether their appearance is age appropriate.  It seems like someone simply said, "hey let's take these figures and make them cute little girls."  "Ok, let's just keep them exactly the same but shrunken with little girl faces."  Not sure that's the best tactic for making cute figures.  Open large chested cleavage, short shorts, bondage, and blown up skirts REALLY clash on a 12yr old figure.

12 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Wow, uh... I'm a big fan of anime figures, and I don't even mind displaying straight up hentai ones in my house (there's nothing wrong with nudity in art as the human form is beautiful), but even though these are clothed, aren't these a bit pedo?  

I'd say more than a bit.  I'm right there with you.  There are a lot of things I enjoy about Japanese culture, within the scope of anime/manga etc., and even beyond that scope.  But the whole "lolicon" thing and general fetishization/sexualization of young girls is definitely something that disgusts me within Japanese culture.  I'm not saying its generally accepted behavior within Japan at large, or that everyone there is ok with it, or that Japan alone is guilty of this behavior, but it definitely has a strong hold in certain parts of Japanese sub-culture.  And it's pretty f-ing disgusting, imo.

I should have known what to expect just based on the brand name alone, I guess.  I thought it might be just a random brand name, and not actually exactly what it says.  Nope, of course it's exactly what it says.

To each their own, I guess.  It's definitely not for me.

Edited by HardlyNever

Quite an intersting read: Ages of consent. I didn't know there was such a variance across the world.

Apparently Japan's Base age is 13, but most prefectures have local statutes that raise it to 16-18.

5 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Thumbs up on that one, bud!

Different strokes indeed....

Edited by slide

57 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I just want to know...was one of the characters in one of those sets Sivil? If so, damn, I would have bought it. 

She's not in there and your safe.

Edit: Picture upload didn't work! It's Sheryl, Ranka, Mylene, Sarah (M Zero), Minmay, and Klang Klang in the two boxes.

Edited by borgified

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

She's not in there and your safe.

Edit: Picture upload didn't work! It's Sheryl, Ranka, Mylene, Sarah (M Zero), Minmay, and Klang Klang in the two boxes.

Oh nice! Thanks for confirming. I don’t care how perverted or whatever it is, I want a Sivil figure. I do prefer that it be original anime style though. 

On 2/6/2020 at 1:24 PM, HardlyNever said:

I'd say more than a bit.  I'm right there with you.  There are a lot of things I enjoy about Japanese culture, within the scope of anime/manga etc., and even beyond that scope.  But the whole "lolicon" thing and general fetishization/sexualization of young girls is definitely something that disgusts me within Japanese culture.  I'm not saying its generally accepted behavior within Japan at large, or that everyone there is ok with it, or that Japan alone is guilty of this behavior, but it definitely has a strong hold in certain parts of Japanese sub-culture.  And it's pretty f-ing disgusting, imo.

I should have known what to expect just based on the brand name alone, I guess.  I thought it might be just a random brand name, and not actually exactly what it says.  Nope, of course it's exactly what it says.

It's not just in Japan if you guys think about it. It also reminds me of something here in the states of a show from TLC called "Toddles & Tiaras". Where they make those young girls to act like grown women, by wearing heavy makeup, long eyelashes, wear revealing evening gowns, and what worse is that doing some provocative poses and expressions. All in the game of winning the title. 

So whether it's in Japan or in the US, or wherever part of the world, if one can exploit it in order to make money, then yeah, it is what it is.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's a resin garage kit, not an assembled painted figure. Just a FYI.

Thanks! I’ve seen it before and I don’t have any interest in putting that together. If if was a figurerise kit or something like that, I’d be down. 

The "pedo" discussion is kind of silly, honestly. The naming of the figure set is really, REALLY stupid and in really, REALLY poor taste, but the figures themselves are... fine. Just that. Not extravagant, not poor, not hyper conservative, not creepily sexualized, just... fine. If the aesthetic is your thing, then you should feel absolutely no shame whatsoever getting them. It literally is JUST the name that gives everything a creepo vibe. I don't get how that got the OK from the marketing team.

One thing to keep in mind is that the name is in English, which means that the average Japanese person (including the people who decided on the name, most likely) at best have a general idea of the meaning of the words. Definitely not anything going into connotations or whatnot.

18 hours ago, kajnrig said:

The "pedo" discussion is kind of silly, honestly. The naming of the figure set is really, REALLY stupid and in really, REALLY poor taste, but the figures themselves are... fine. Just that. Not extravagant, not poor, not hyper conservative, not creepily sexualized, just... fine. If the aesthetic is your thing, then you should feel absolutely no shame whatsoever getting them. It literally is JUST the name that gives everything a creepo vibe. I don't get how that got the OK from the marketing team.

I’m glad someone brought it up, though. I didn’t know how to myself. After looking at the pictures of the product in question and seeing SD style Nendo-ish Macross characters, I shrugged and thought they just weren’t to the OP’s taste. Also, there are whole sites dedicated to showing examples of ESOL marketing fails. This one would probably rank as a doozy.

Not denying creepy figs exist but to each their own and all that. 

Edited by technoblue

13 hours ago, kajnrig said:

As I said, I meant no shame to anyone buying these, I get that they're cute versions of yr favorite characters.  But I do apologise since what I'm saying implies it.  I just think Bandai should have turned the sex dial down along with the age. 

I thought the name was hilarious, in a marketing-fail kind of way.

The figures themselves are your usual cutesy big-headed SD-ish figures. Nothing particularly creepy or sexualized about them.

That Mirage doesn't look bad, but I'd rather have more Frontier characters in that line.

• 2 weeks later...

Did they ever do a Veffidas figure?

I Just finished watching Macross 7 as she is the only character that appealed to me (that and the mecha piloted by the pink haired female - I forget her name - the VF-11 MAXL).

I just wish they had given her a snappy uniform like Myria or Klan.

Edited by Podtastic

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

Did they ever do a Veffidas figure?

I Just finished watching Macross 7 as she is the only character that appealed to me (that and the mecha piloted by the pink haired female - I forget her name - the VF-11 MAXL).

I just wish they had given her a snappy uniform like Myria or Klan.

I think this is the only Vefidas figure in existence as a toy.

Came with the special gold edition VF-19Kai by Yamato. Damn, I miss that company.

67C29883-4816-48DE-B807-B2F21858B4DA.jpeg

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I think this is the only Vefidas figure in existence as a toy.

Came with the special gold edition VF-19Kai by Yamato. Damn, I miss that company.

67C29883-4816-48DE-B807-B2F21858B4DA.jpeg

I believe that was the Arcadia reissue with sound booster bundle.

In any case, I really want those figures and regret not buying it when it was available.

• 3 weeks later...