CF18

Saburo, do you manually edit the focus while taking the shot or do you do a composite with everything in focus and then edit the focus via software as necessary?

...is that even a thing, now I think about it?

EDIT:

whoop new page

4 minutes ago, Saburo said:

RE: Visited x RE: Edited

Went back through the photo archives and re-edited photo, too cute not to share.

SD DYRL

30653305578_b9ad071f58_h.jpg

Edited by kajnrig

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, nice!

Thanks @Slave IV, SD Minmei brings Deculture to everyone. :D

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Saburo, do you manually edit the focus while taking the shot or do you do a composite with everything in focus and then edit the focus via software as necessary?

...is that even a thing, now I think about it?

EDIT:

whoop new page

No composite photos, everything is done in shot. I adjust camera settings to get a Bokeh photo.  As a rule for myself when shooting,  take the shot as to keep photo editing to a minimum (slight adjustments only and dust removal).

Edited by Saburo

From seti88's post on the DX YF-19 thread; here's the link for clearer pics of the Macross Figures, artwork, merchandise, other stuff and the DX YF-19.

http://www.decultureshock.com/macross-macross-f-cafe-art-gallery/ *

*Actually posted by Gwyn Campbell on the 6th of this month.

Here are some pics from the actual event. Edit: There are three more pics of Sheryl and Ranka in which I didn't post, and you'll know what they are when you click on it. :D

MFOC2018_35.jpg

MFOC2018_36.jpg

MFOC2018_37.jpg

MFOC2018_43.jpg

MFOC2018_44.jpg

MFOC2018_45.jpg

MFOC2018_46.jpg

Edited by borgified

They need to shrink that large scale Sheryl into a small figure as that's the best sculpt I've seen of her.

I just posted on MFC that I would get all the Macross Bridge Girls if they released them as quality figures. But since we still don't have a good Minmay figure I'm not getting my hopes up.

7 hours ago, JetJockey said:

But since we still don't have a good Minmay figure I'm not getting my hopes up.

This. I don't understand it. The original Macross Anniversary already went by but nothing ever came up from Bandai nor Banpresto regarding a figure for Minmay. They could've just used any designs from the Pachinko game or the one they featured in the Sky Tree Artworks.

Poor Minmay. :unsure:

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This. I don't understand it. The original Macross Anniversary already went by but nothing ever came up from Bandai nor Banpresto regarding a figure for Minmay. They could've just used any designs from the Pachinko game or the one they featured in the Sky Tree Artworks.

It's probably because Macross best girls are still Sheryl and Ranka. Sales data of past Minmei merchandise maybe indicated it would not have been a good business decision. It's unfortunate.

If I had the money, I'd want that 1/1 Sheryl. That said, the $18K price tage (which I think is for both) is astronomical. I am expecting a large sum of money soon, so maybe. It depends on when that comes though. Plus the shipping, Yeah, not cheap.

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

There is that Kitz Minmay figure that just came out...

Just so you know, that Kitz Minmay is targeting western audience. I'm more implying on Bandai's and Banpresto's static figure from their Ichiban Kuji or Crane King lines where Sheryl and Ranka are being made all the time.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Are the original Macross characters seen as really poor sellers? They made tons of valkyries. You would think with all the odd girl figures out there someone would just knock out some good quality characters of Minmay and all the Bridge Girls. Kotobukiya could do it easily. As much as I like some of their horror characters which are really just cosplay girls and also the upcoming G.I. Joe girls. I just don't see the downside to making a set of Macross girls.

1 hour ago, Jasonc said:

If I had the money, I'd want that 1/1 Sheryl. That said, the $18K price tage (which I think is for both) is astronomical. I am expecting a large sum of money soon, so maybe. It depends on when that comes though. Plus the shipping, Yeah, not cheap.

I've never been into life sized figures. I've seen some collections with life sized Star Wars figures. Also some horror characters. I guess they are a bit too real for me. $18,000 is way too much. The ones on Sideshow are no where near that.

9 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

Are the original Macross characters seen as really poor sellers? They made tons of valkyries. You would think with all the odd girl figures out there someone would just knock out some good quality characters of Minmay and all the Bridge Girls. Kotobukiya could do it easily. As much as I like some of their horror characters which are really just cosplay girls and also the upcoming G.I. Joe girls. I just don't see the downside to making a set of Macross girls.

I'm not sure. But based from what others are saying, Sheryl and Ranka tends to sell more.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure. But based from what others are saying, Sheryl and Ranka tends to sell more.

My theory on why Sheryl and Ranka are the more focused characters.

It's been ten years since Frontier was on the airwaves plus a new single by May'n and Nakajima Megumi doing the vocals of their respected characters for the Anniversary (not to mention the chemistry between the two of them upon singing together).

Even with the animated series plus the two movies, isn't fair that to say that Sheryl and Ranka are the two focused singers the the series and we get to see the evolution of them both from their start up as rookie signers to where they are in the series?

Note: The Anniversary song is up on Youtube. Can't give you the direct link as I'm at work. If anyone can upload it, then you're free to do so, otherwise I'll do it later when I get home.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

0E60512D-3267-4343-8829-DF8A56A49959.thumb.jpeg.158772eb03dc28d7acec53cb86179a5f.jpeg

Saw a pic from @nightmareB4macross with the swapped head and tried it out myself.

The other face will work out as well. Now we all know why Miria had to cut her hair to hip length, do to the fact that it can't all fit inside that helmet and even shorter in Macross 7.  

On 9/19/2018 at 2:59 PM, borgified said:

The other face will work out as well. Now we all know why Miria had to cut her hair to hip length, do to the fact that it can't all fit inside that helmet and even shorter in Macross 7.  

You can also place Basarás head on the Hikaru pilot body. You will need some styrene and flesh colored acrylic paint to make the neck. But it does look good.

I’ll try to dig it out to take a picture.

Prime 1 Studio just showed their first Gatchaman statue. I created a topic about it. I will be shocked if we don't get a good Minmay statue now. And if we don't it has to be Harmony Gold's fault.

On 9/12/2018 at 1:17 AM, no3Ljm said:

The original Macross Anniversary already went by but nothing ever came up from Bandai nor Banpresto regarding a figure for Minmay.

I think Kidz Concept is the best Minmay we can hope for.

489580914_bigfinishMinmei.thumb.jpg.42df97b00a55068a3e8d280ddc1caedc.jpg

On 9/24/2018 at 4:17 PM, borgified said:

Not quite a bump, however this quite interesting...

From the May'n (The Galactic Fairy thread). 

I'm betting that there will be an interesting conversation with your sweetie if anyone decides to pic both up if it goes get made. :blink:

41452186_1908077329271027_5685240298385440768_n.jpg.95e2df4adb3150c00e53272ca9d9f083.jpg

I'm hoping these are made. :p

Edited by eXis10z

18 hours ago, borgified said:

Ranka's EXQ figure is up on Manda for 1.5k yen (as for now)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1097287840&ref=list

I believe that more will trickle in once they get more stock.

6 hours ago, eXis10z said:

What does shipping tend to cost? I'm debating whether to try Mandarake or keep with FJ/YJA. Even with the fees, the savings on international shipping might be worth it.

5 hours ago, kajnrig said:

What does shipping tend to cost? I'm debating whether to try Mandarake or keep with FJ/YJA. Even with the fees, the savings on international shipping might be worth it.

I think it's 2k yen via EMS (don't quote me on that).  The last time I shipped only thing from Manda was the Frontier 2 cd soundtrack combo (with Sheryl on the cover and Ranka on the back) which cost 1.5k yen and 2k yen for shipping --->3.5 k yen.

The more stuff you add to your cart makes it worthwhile.

The release date according to this website for the Figure Spirits Kuji Sheryl is next month on the 23rd (I think for both versions red and blue).

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/740945

Does anyone have both EXQ Sheryl and Ranka on hand?

Edit: I'm going to toss in two YouTube vids for us to drool over for now until someone decides to (unless all of you want me to be the first guinea pig to do so) :lol: 

Edited by borgified

Yeah, the face sculpt on the Sheryl figure isn't the greatest. It does match some of the artwork of her, but I think maybe the lines of the chin need to be sharper. Otherwise, it's a nice figure. Surprisingly tall, too. The Ranka figure I imagine will be the same height or to scale ie shorter. I'm looking through YJAs and stores currently. Maybe when HLJ sells her I'll bite. Maybe they'll do a grab bag with her same as they did with Sheryl.