CF18

11 hours ago, akt_m said:

Instead of making 10 mini statues they could have done a single figma instead. :(

Didn't they show a few Macross Figmas a few years back at a Wonfes iirc?  MF is notorious for showing prototypes for figures they're 5 years away from releasing (and also never releasing). The God Hand from Berserk didn't all get released until a little over 3 years after I was drooling over the prototypes online. You never know, Macross Figmas may still be coming. 

7 hours ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Didn't they show a few Macross Figmas a few years back at a Wonfes iirc?  MF is notorious for showing prototypes for figures they're 5 years away from releasing (and also never releasing). The God Hand from Berserk didn't all get released until a little over 3 years after I was drooling over the prototypes online. You never know, Macross Figmas may still be coming. 

Here's hoping we still get that SDFM Breetai that was teased.

I’ll buy 1/20 Misa and Hikaru.  I skipped Minmay in Chinese dress but maybe I’ll pick that one up too.

Bring on SHF Britai and others.  If Kitzconcept is making 6” SDFM figures then hopefully Bandai or another company will also make them.

I still want this too.

CECE0EA0-D27E-4D3F-BCA4-C54BE6317C60.jpeg.d312c3a522f3448a2d9da0574944e429.jpeg

I got really excited when Bandai started announcing they were doing Figuarts of Macross singers, but I knew in my heart of hearts that they'd never do my favorite one...

... So I made her myself!

Sharon_Apple.jpg

Figuarts/Figma scaled Sharon Apple. It was a fun project to remind myself how to use Maya. The shapeways quality of even the basic prints was also surprisingly good (she looks quite grainy in closeups but it's much less noticeable in person).

27 minutes ago, QuinJester said:

I got really excited when Bandai started announcing they were doing Figuarts of Macross singers, but I knew in my heart of hearts that they'd never do my favorite one...

Sharon_Apple.jpg

Figuarts/Figma scaled Sharon Apple. It was a fun project to remind myself how to use Maya. The shapeways quality of even the basic prints was also surprisingly good (she looks quite grainy in closeups but it's much less noticeable in person).

Cool! Is it available from 3D printing?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't visited the boards in ages, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this. I just got an email from BBTS about a preorder for Robtech 4.25" figures. They look terrible. Far worse than the prototypes from 2015 http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/70327

8HK5OvG.jpg

b33Gg2B.jpg

UIr9aXo.jpg

Prototypes from SDCC 2015:

SDCC2015-Toynami-Robotech-054.jpg

Also, I found this browsing IG awhile back. Do y'all know if they're customs or if something like this actually exists?

Xlxo2pF.jpg

17 minutes ago, xsjado said:

I haven't visited the boards in ages, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this.  

Also, I found this browsing IG awhile back. Do y'all know if they're customs or if something like this actually exists

Xlxo2pF.jpg

Should be in the Anime Science Fiction section instead of here since it's a Robotech license. It's mentioned here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44143-kitz-concept-robotech-toy-line/?do=findComment&comment=1383804 

The 2 bottom figures are custom made figures I believe. Minmay looks like a figma. Hikaru is a CM kitbash.

Edited by wmkjr

On 2/20/2018 at 9:33 AM, QuinJester said:

Sharon_Apple.jpg

Nice. In case you also collect the DXes and/or Yamcadia 1/60 toys, Xigfrid has her in 1/60 as well.

By itself: https://www.shapeways.com/product/YKNGGQDSR/sharon-standing-on-the-floor?optionId=58658275&li=marketplace

Hacking into the Ghost X-9: https://www.shapeways.com/product/JKSS9ZZJR/sharon-hacking-into-the-x-9-ghost?optionId=58652104&li=marketplace

4 hours ago, xsjado said:

I haven't visited the boards in ages, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this. I just got an email from BBTS about a preorder for Robtech 4.25" figures. They look terrible. Far worse than the prototypes from 2015 http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/70327

UIr9aXo.jpg

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!

...oh wait, wrong show

Those figures are really not good. That said I want Macross figures so bad depending on price I may at least grab a Roy and a Millia. Possibly the only poseable figures of those two we're ever likely to get. 

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Did they not notice how terrible those faces are?

Or did they just not care?

It's Toynami. They don't care. Heck they usually don't even care enough to release half of the stuff they show prototypes for. 

5 hours ago, xsjado said:

8HK5OvG.jpg

b33Gg2B.jpg

UIr9aXo.jpg

Prototypes from SDCC 2015:

SDCC2015-Toynami-Robotech-054.jpg

Also, I found this browsing IG awhile back. Do y'all know if they're customs or if something like this actually exists?

Xlxo2pF.jpg

Max’s face looks absolutely terrible.  Ugh I just want some decent tv version figures. Hopefully the kitzconcept ones will be much better.

5 hours ago, xsjado said:

8HK5OvG.jpg

Wha...? They Look like Sex Dolls man! I was actually looking forward to these!  

Of those, the only one that looks even remotely "decent" is the Miriya figure, and only when compared to the other four; so, this observation is far from a ringing endorsement on my part.  This whole line is an easy regret-less pass.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:14 PM, sh9000 said:

Miriya looks ok.  If they get clearanced at BBTS then I might buy the set just for the heck of it.

Why give them the money? That shouldn't be rewarded in this day with Hot Toys and other statue/figure companies making top figures. If those Macross figures looked close to the Robotech artwork behind them then I would purchase. But we continue to get stiffed on Macross figures.

5 minutes ago, Pacci said:

+1

When will it be available to buy?

That was for sale during WonderFest 2018 Winter. Limited qty garage kit. Most likely sold out at venue. Might pop up at Yahoo Auctions Japan.

25 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

That was for sale during WonderFest 2018 Winter. Limited qty garage kit. Most likely sold out at venue. Might pop up at Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Thank you very much for your explanation mate.
It is a pity that this is not a regular release, I believe that people would buy multiples to form armies...
I just hope that Bandai decides to make them at S.H.F ... I would immediately buy all the versions...

On 3/3/2018 at 10:33 AM, kajnrig said:

Haven't looked at this yet, just saw it as a recommended article. Life-sized Ranka/Sheryl figures:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/03/02-1/macross-frontier-sheryl-ranka-to-get-their-life-size-figures

I'm already saving up for at least the Sheryl version. My guess, based on the cost of other lifesize statues, may be upwards of at least $5K. That's not including shipping, and then having it shipped to the U.S. That's going to be a small fortune in and of iteself.