CF18

I just talked to some people at Volks USA in Torrance at their store, and I was told that the DDS Freyja will be a lottery prize? Really? I kinda want it, but at a lottery prize, my chances just about fell off the map.

To get as much sales as they can for the less popular characters while the show is still fresh in our memories. Popular characters will get bought regardless when they are released

Realistically it's the opposite. The obscure characters will sell the same amount no matter when you release them because only the hardcore fans will buy them regardless. The fair weather fans who will stop caring in six months are also the type of people who are only gonna by figures for the most popular characters in the first place.

also the stronger sales of the popular characters is what funds the making of obscure characters down the line. you launch with an obscure character and the line dies do to lack of sales and you never see any more figures.