CF18

Nice. So there's already a colored protoype for all the Walkure girls in Figuarts form. ;) When you say 'default' then it's the same as the Nendoroid's costume, correct?

Also kinda weird to read something like 'according to a MW member who went', it felt like he's not a MacrossWorld member, rather he's from a different MW group. Unless he wants to stay nameless. ^_^

It was Gwyn from the Speakerpodcast crew haha. Shoutout to him for the info!

He didn't specify whether they were coloured or not, and in his own words he said the Walkure were in their regular costumes so I'm assuming it's the ones in your pic (same as the nendos).

Sh figuarts or figuarts zero? I'm hoping for the Sh figuarts ;)

They are S.H.Figuarts, fully poseable.

On a side note, apparently there was a Figuarts Zero of Bogue in his flight suit on display too. Cannot confirm this at the moment though!

Edited by joelwuj

They are S.H.Figuarts, fully poseable.

On a side note, apparently there was a Figuarts Zero of Bogue in his flight suit on display too. Cannot confirm this at the moment though!

That's cool. Hope that's a sign to make more Macross S.H.Figuarts figures. ^_^

A few more pictures of Freyja posted on Volks's blog!

http://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12215547271.html

I can't say I'm a particular fan of the faceup on this one. If pricing holds from the previous Macross DD release, she'll probably come in at 65k-70k jpy. I would venture to guess that the stage outfit will be the default with the travel/casual outfit to be an add-on (both Sheryl and Ranka shipped with stage outfits).

My god, about time! I've been waiting for more posable figures from Bandai since the Alto figure they released all the way back in 2010/09!

A few more pictures of Freyja posted on Volks's blog!

http://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12215547271.html

I can't say I'm a particular fan of the faceup on this one. If pricing holds from the previous Macross DD release, she'll probably come in at 65k-70k jpy. I would venture to guess that the stage outfit will be the default with the travel/casual outfit to be an add-on (both Sheryl and Ranka shipped with stage outfits).

Freyja looks creepy.

bandai, every christmas season forth start releasing figurearts of minmay, lisa and d gang. You can do so all year round too, but seeing as you never did it, lets start at a peak gift buying season shall we?

i hope we dont need to keep giving you marketing ideas... :5:

bandai, every christmas season forth start releasing figurearts of minmay, lisa and d gang. You can do so all year round too, but seeing as you never did it, lets start at a peak gift buying season shall we?

i hope we dont need to keep giving you marketing ideas... :5:

Hopefully they hear you! I however fear they might not see enough profit on such figures since they think the appeal will be to a limited crowd due to the age of the character against the Walkure ladies that target a "larger" audience in present day. I hate it but I'm just trying to align to what they MIGHT be thinking. :/

What are the best onl places to get these banpresto toys? I tried searching the regulars hlj, ami, 1999 and they seem to have limited choices...

You really won't find them at "regular" retailers like HLJ, etc.

You can find them on Mandarake, Jungle, or the streets of Akihabara. :)

Just a quick look at the SQ game prize Freyja (left) and the Ichiban Kuji Freyja (right).

Both actually look pretty good and really capture Freyja's look just right. The overall production quality of the 1kuji Freyja is definitely better than the SQ version, but it's not a huge difference; it definitely wouldn't come close to passing muster as a regular retail price figure like some of the past Sheryl/Rankas could have.

SQ Freyja's hair is especially bad. She's essentially a bleached blonde. It's hard to tell from pics, but SQ Freyja also has way shinier skin, making her look more like a mannequin than a, er, fictional animated character (if that makes any sense lol).

SQ Freyja also comes with a plastic support column (not shown) to be plugged into the stand behind her, so she'll probably eventually start leaning. I hate it when figures need separate support columns, but it's a cheap game prize figure, so whatever I guess.

Although the 1kuji Freyja does cost twice as much, we're talking about 1k yen vs 2k yen. I'll just wait for the 1kuji Walkure and skip out on the rest of the SQ figures.

On a side note, the SQ Kaname figure looks terrible. WTF happened to her face?!

30774898301_a775b09fdb_o.jpg

30774898471_f6fe3e0cf2_o.jpg

30774897761_bb41c9fa6d_o.jpg

Just a quick look at the SQ game prize Freyja (left) and the Ichiban Kuji Freyja (right).

Both actually look pretty good and really capture Freyja's look just right. The overall production quality of the 1kuji Freyja is definitely better than the SQ version, but it's not a huge difference; it definitely wouldn't come close to passing muster as a regular retail price figure like some of the past Sheryl/Rankas could have.

SQ Freyja's hair is especially bad. She's essentially a bleached blonde. It's hard to tell from pics, but SQ Freyja also has way shinier skin, making her look more like a mannequin than a, er, fictional animated character (if that makes any sense lol).

SQ Freyja also comes with a plastic support column (not shown) to be plugged into the stand behind her, so she'll probably eventually start leaning. I hate it when figures need separate support columns, but it's a cheap game prize figure, so whatever I guess.

Although the 1kuji Freyja does cost twice as much, we're talking about 1k yen vs 2k yen. I'll just wait for the 1kuji Walkure and skip out on the rest of the SQ figures.

On a side note, the SQ Kaname figure looks terrible. WTF happened to her face?!

30774898301_a775b09fdb_o.jpg

30774898471_f6fe3e0cf2_o.jpg

30774897761_bb41c9fa6d_o.jpg

Ichiban Kuji Freyja or Bandai FiguArts Zero? which is better?