CF18

Honestly, I'm a little relieved. I just hope they don't decide to release her in a month where I got a ton of preorders to pay for.

Edited by xrentonx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's soon. New in hand pictures should be sometime next week then. So many figures are coming out that I might have to miss out on this one though.

Edited by JetJockey

• 2 weeks later...

That's weak! Thanks for the tip. I am not using Amiami after what they did to you Loop.

Actually it's not only the shipping thing this time, but also the lousy customer service they provide. They refuse to help on support issues and are generally rude when asking about products.

Don't forget to mention how they handled 2 of our own MW'ers when they had busted YF-19 wings. Hopefully nothing is wrong with the statue or my Frontier movie box set, will most likely be like pulling teeth to get any kind of support.

Edited by Loop

I received my Sheryl today from AmiAmi. It's the biggest box I've ever received from Japan, ever. I don't know if my coworkers will like me taking photos of it though. lol

post-14399-0-88197300-1400871955_thumb.jpg

I received my Sheryl today from AmiAmi. It's the biggest box I've ever received from Japan, ever. I don't know if my coworkers will like me taking photos of it though. lol

I like how you use the vienna sausage can for size comparison. :)

I like how you use the vienna sausage can for size comparison. :)

Thanks, I figured someone would like the size comparison. :)

I managed to take a photo of the stuff I got today before the coworkers gave me an odd look. lol

post-14399-0-09669400-1400884921_thumb.jpg

Edited by Edi

Actually it's not only the shipping thing this time, but also the lousy customer service they provide. They refuse to help on support issues and are generally rude when asking about products.

Don't forget to mention how they handled 2 of our own MW'ers when they had busted YF-19 wings. Hopefully nothing is wrong with the statue or my Frontier movie box set, will most likely be like pulling teeth to get any kind of support.

So far Amiami is ok with me. What happened with the YF-19 wings? Was it a defect or shipping damage problem?

I've been reading on MyFigureCollection about the changes to this figure. I think that will help me in deciding to pass. I like the original hair color and more detailed lips. Perhaps more actual pictures will change my mind. But I kind of hope not. Companies are ramping up on some good figures and I can't get figures I'm not 100% sold on.

I got mine in this morning. I have to forgive Amiami for the shipping charge as the box is humongous. I still think they have crappy customer support though and will not take that back. This was the 3rd biggest box I have ever gotten from JP. The first was from a Yamato 1/60 HLJ sale during Christmas a few years back when they had massive sales on Fed-Ex shipping. The second was from the great Yamato panic when they went out of business.

Mine just arrived today. Its a HUGE box! The figure is pretty big as well. She looks good, no overspray, scratches or blemishes of any kind.

That's lucky for you. Mine has a couple of scratches; not anything major, but scratches anyways. :(

I got mine on Saturday. It came in a huge shipping box, and the box it is inside is massive. I'll probably open mine up tomorrow, but as a Sheryl collector, I'm glad I was able to get one. My favorite is still the Oiran Sheryl Nome.

• 3 weeks later...

So nobody knows what this is?

Macross art collection

http://www.hlj.com/p...t/ban985472/Gsh

HLJ descriptions says it's gashapons of characters made by Bandai. I'm hoping this is more than just Frontier stuff but include characters from prior series too.

Mystery solved!

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-COL-6929&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmacross%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Turn out to be Frontier character art cards. 10 packs of art cards + gum candy. Perhaps I should cancel my pre-order..

If only they'd throw in some Tenjin illustrations..

OK so I just paid for my Sheryl statue, but Amiami raped me on shipping damn near 60 for EMS. Glad this is my last time using them.

I'm a regular at Amiami. The points I collected for nearly a year,converted it to lessen the cost of the figure. I'm not sure how their system works but since I live in S.E.A.,I opted for SAL Parcel, which they allowed. It's got some tracking but not as expensive as EMS. received it after 10 days. Since you live in the continental USA, maybe EMS is automatic?

In as much as I don't want to badmouth hobbysearch, (as I also purchase from them if amiami is sold out), now that's were wallet rape begins. They had a sale once on a figure, Kaitendo QB Nanael, about 50% off..........but they didn't allow SAL parcel, it was automatic EMS. That fig btw ain't half as big as Sheryl............more like a fourth the size of the box and still charged EMS. Ouch!

I have ordered in the last 5 years as an online customer 3 SAL Parcels, Encore 20A, Sheryl Nome (very big alright) and a Daiki figure at 1/5 scale. Well, size and weight was justifiable on all three.

As for customer support, mixed bag in that there's one who is kind of okay when responding ( I believe he is an American) while another responds like a brick (must be Japanese).

Edited by fenrir72

• 5 weeks later...

Max Factory's Sheryl Figure is now on sale for 10,000 yen (50% off). That's an amazing price. :)

I wish I had waited for the prices to go down...definitely doesn't make me wanna preorder BD's or figures anymore. :(

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-9257&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_originaltitle%3DMacross+Frontier%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Max Factory's Sheryl Figure is now on sale for 10,000 yen (50% off). That's an amazing price. :)

I wish I had waited for the prices to go down...definitely doesn't make me wanna preorder BD's or figures anymore. :(

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-9257&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_originaltitle%3DMacross+Frontier%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

So tempting!

-b.