DX VF-25G

zulu

The fun part of this is that I STILL have a "preorder" with BBTS for the re-release of the YF-29... you know.. the one that was supposed to come in May. They keep slipping the release date month by month, and it's up to August now. :p

Ouch, hope you get it. Got mine from BBTS back in June.

The fun part of this is that I STILL have a "preorder" with BBTS for the re-release of the YF-29... you know.. the one that was supposed to come in May. They keep slipping the release date month by month, and it's up to August now. :p

If I were you, I would cancel it and just order it from NY. They even have it on sale the last time I checked.

Honestly, I'm not that concerned if I get it or not.. well, not concerned enough to shell out more than I already would if BBTS finally gets me one.

The preorder I've got with them is going to come to about $270 shipped, and NY is already above that before shipping. I just don't feel like it's worth that much to me. I really don't care for any of the available colors on that plane, so I'm probably going to wind up sticking with the 1/100 kits.

I REALLY wish Bandai would get off their backsides and release 1/72 kits of the rest of the MacF valks.

STILL DOES NOT ANSWER MY ONE QUESTION, HOW WILL THE GUN POD ATTACH IN FIGHTER WITH LANDING GEAR DOWN???? I guess it will only attach in fighter without the landing gear down as I don't see how they plan on making that work unless the move the gun waaay back from where it would normally sit in fighter. I guess we shall see what's in store.

That picture was likely taken some time ago, of a test shot assembly... a pre-production sample meant to verify that all the newly engineered components mold properly, and fit onto the existing parts. Given publication lead times, it's possible that a final version shot in the proper plastic colors, to say nothing of all the paint applications and tampoed livery, did not yet exist at the time of the photo shoot.

Edited by mechaninac

it's about time we saw some pictures of this thing! Never noticed how much articulation was in the arms...look how much it is bent in that picture, very cool. Looks like some pictures of the anniversary YF-29 are on the next page, would like to see them too. :)

Chris

That grappling hook is a nice and unexpected extra.

Looks like they are showing the VF-27 on the next page as you can see the tip of its beam gun sticking out onto that page. I assume it's not an announcement for being an upcoming renewal version or there would more talk about it.

They're saying it's just stock photos of the 30th YF-29 so no VF-27 announcement...yet.

I'm sorry, did you wright some cogent comment pertinent to the discussion at hand? I couldn't be bothered to read previous posts, not even the one immediately before my own, so I'll just go ahead and add a non sequitur right here: BOMBA!

:p:lol:

Edit: This thing is due at the end of September/early October, right?

Edited by mechaninac

They obviously aren't the final colors at least, since it's just a materials test. But yeah.. after all the nonsense with Ozma's paint scheme, and how many parts were entirely painted over because they weren't molded in color, I'm not expecting this to go well.

I think this'll be one VF-25 I completely skip getting packs for. I don't feel like disassembling and repainting the undersides of the wing gloves every time I attach or remove the packs. With Ozma, at least you still have gray plastic underneath, but if you scratch those wing gloves, you'll be left with a nice set of fresh blue stripes across your white paint.

It's just sad, because it shows a complete lack of thought from Bandai about the issue, and it's even a step backwards from the first version. The original had the wing gloves molded in color. Not only are they relying on their historically lousy paint quality, but they're actually failing at one of the few things they got right the first time around.

Edited by Chronocidal

STILL DOES NOT ANSWER MY ONE QUESTION, HOW WILL THE GUN POD ATTACH IN FIGHTER WITH LANDING GEAR DOWN???? I guess it will only attach in fighter without the landing gear down as I don't see how they plan on making that work unless the move the gun waaay back from where it would normally sit in fighter. I guess we shall see what's in store.

THE GUNPOD ISN'T SUPPOSED TO EXTEND PAST THE FRONT LANDING GEAR!!!!! :p Seriously though, the gunpod isn't as long as the 27's gunpod, it shouldn't be a problem.

Hah, I just realized, everyone seems to have noticed the anchor cable, but can anyone tell for sure if that second figure is Micro-Klan? Or are they adding another copy of the figure they made for Ranka, and calling it Sheryl this time? :p

Was hoping for a mini Klan, but sadly, that doesn't look like the right helmet for her, since I thought she was wearing Michael's gear in the last episode.

Also, the anchor cable is giving me funny ideas of how the VF-25G should be displayed... if I knew the joints would hold him up, I'd mount him standing on the wall of a display cabinet, supported by the cable. :lol: Or maybe to save on joint stress, just have him prone, mounted upside down on the ceiling above my desk? You can definitely have a lot of fun with this one in the pose department.

Edited by Chronocidal

LOL! do people not read previous posts :) LOL

Chris

Were you referring to me?

I read your previous post, but I wasn't quite sure if you were somehow basing what you said on the pic or based on things you've heard elsewhere.

My question was about the 27 since that is the tip of the 27's gunpod showing. I just wanted to know if they were just showing pics of the old 27 or if it was something else. So is it the 30th anniversary YF-29 holding the VF-27's gunpod then?

Edited by MacrossJunkie

My question was about the 27 since that is the tip of the 27's gunpod showing. I just wanted to know if they were just showing pics of the old 27 or if it was something else. So is it the 30th anniversary YF-29 holding the VF-27's gunpod then?

This is the facing page showing the stock photos of the YF-29 anniversary color ver.

udhub.jpg

Do you think Nipon-Yasan will fulfill the VF-25G orders?Ii see that they still have the pre-order open and seeing how other places dont I'm wondering if they even know how many they are getting. I have a pre-order with them but kinda don't want to keep the order because I was able to per-order one at HLJ. If NY end up selling me one I'll sell it at the same price I bought it and ship to anyone in the US.

At a discount price of $70, I went ahead and ordered an Alto Super Parts set to use with the 25G. Seriously, it only has minor color changes in 5 spots, so with a simple repaint on those sections, I've taken out the drama of waiting for yet another Bandai exclusive preorder sh*t storm for the "official" 25G colored parts. (High 5'ing self).