DX VF-25G

zulu

No, just horrible Internet sarcasm. Hence the XD face (couldn't use the emoticon on the iPad). lol

Ahhh...gotcha! I totally understand, though. I do most of my posting on my iPhone, and I've run into similar problems.

No, man. That's just a placeholder. The actual sale never happened yet and we're all camping HLJ right this second for when it does.

Is anyone have a space in a buddy system pre-order thing? I really have no faith in Nippon-Yasan and I really want to secure a pre-order for this. I'd love to get in on something here on the forums to try increase my chances.

ugh... another night of not sleeping. <_<

I thought for sure this thing was gonna go down last night...

I figured tonight was more likely myself, the VF-171 went up at 1:30am on the 7th, that's less than an hour away (although with daylights savings time it's more like 2 hours).

Edited by anime52k8

I have never had the...pleasure of doing this for the release of well.....anything. I was this zealous about my Prime statue from Sideshow, but they told you exactly when pre-orders started.

I'm already anticipating secondary market purchase for this, hopefully some are up for grabs from MW members. I know if I managed to get an HLJ pre-order and Nippon came through, I'd sell one here. The ebay prices on the other renewals make me cringe, but I have the Macross bug real badly right now.

If by some reason, I end up with multiples on my end after the group setup, I'm going to sell them at what I paid for. I'm sure there will be some people that get really pissed about missing this. That is an if I get multiples. Right now, I have my Nippon Yassan preorder, but that one is already marked up.

Hey Everyone,

I am new here, so i hope i put this question on the right topic...As many of you, i am trying to get one of the renewal VF-25G. At first, I have contact HLJ because to verified if they are going to offer pre order for the item, and this is their reply

We do not have any official information from our suppliers about that item at this time, but as soon as we do it will be up on the website. I'm sorry, but I cannot give you any indication of when exactly that might be. Please keep checking the site!

Please note that we put items up for preorder on the website immediately upon receiving the release information from our suppliers. This means that we really do not know when something will be available until literally minutes before it actually goes live on the site. So, if you don't see something listed on the site yet, it's probably because we haven't received the information yet. Again, please keep checking!

so basically, HLJ want me to keep on clicking till it appear on the site.... (not gonna happend though :p)

At the moment I have pre order one at Nippon Yasan, i was wondering if any of you have a good/bad experience with the store?

Edit: when i pre-order the vf-25g at Nippon, the price was 17400 yen and my invoice is 208 euro (incl shipping), one week later when i check my account, the price is 210 euro.... anyone has the same issue

Edited by desty_aya

Edit: when i pre-order the vf-25g at Nippon, the price was 17400 yen and my invoice is 208 euro (incl shipping), one week later when i check my account, the price is 210 euro.... anyone has the same issue

Are you saying your invoice price has changed? My pre-order is still at the price that I ordered it at. though the new price for pre-ordering the item has gone up 3 times now. Your price should stay at what you ordered it at though.

Chris

About Nippon-Yasan, I understand that after the IShop2Go and BBTS scares there is a growing distrust of websites that keeps their pre-orders open, but the fact that they are open does not mean that orders are flowing through 24/7! For example there are a lot of people who did manage to get orders for heavily discounted prices and selling them for a small premium. Is it not possible that N-Y may intend to get those and so adds another small premium? That could be the case with their YF-29 and VF-171EX, plus all the other VF-25. Similar to what Anime-Export may be doing, otherwise how do these spring up all of a sudden? If they are doing this, i'm glad they are because they are saving us the trouble of using proxy services or eBay.I hope they do fullfil their orders but suddenly there is a panic about something currently unfounded.

Are you saying your invoice price has changed? My pre-order is still at the price that I ordered it at. though the new price for pre-ordering the item has gone up 3 times now. Your price should stay at what you ordered it at though.

Chris

Hmm, i just got email back from Nippon Yasan

"All our price are in Yen (JPY), the price in Euro change everyday because of the JPY / EUR rate."

hmm, i hope the exchange rate will be in my advantage by the time of release

Is anyone doing a group buy for the VF-25G? I heard some rumors of one over on Robot Japan

Don't think there is, though a bunch of us got together to doing a buddy system, where we order for each other in case the group member isn't available during the pre-order window. Cancelling/changing quantity on orders from HLJ isn't a problem - that's one thing I like about their ordering system.

yeah... my wife went from being amused to slightly annoyed... she's going to be right pissed if this situation doesn't work itself out. Whether I get one or not... at this point, I would just like to know.

I wish HLJ and the other stores would just do a lottery so we don't have to waste our time with this bullshit.

My wife is already pissed cause I keep constantly checking the computer. I leave the computer on during the night, and I constantly wake up to check if HLJ's preorder started.

Wouldn't it work out cheaper to get one from eBay? I mean electricity bills, stimulants later in the day, possibly marriage counselling later in the year? :) Just get it from eBay and pretend it came from HLJ.

Edited by Dimis

My wife is already pissed cause I keep constantly checking the computer. I leave the computer on during the night, and I constantly wake up to check if HLJ's preorder started.

Maybe we need to get back with HLJ and let them know how many marriages are on the line because of them (and Bandai). :lol:

Edited by Phalanix

Wouldn't it work out cheaper to get one from eBay? I mean electricity bills, stimulants later in the day, possibly marriage counselling later in the year? :) Just get it from eBay and pretend it came from HLJ.

It's not that bad. My wife did get a little ticked that the beep from the page updater went off twice, but since the laptop is on my side, I think she missed the other two times it went off. She wants me to finish the collection of these, so she's ok with it. And it doesn't really waste that much electricity. I've kept the t.v. off during the days, so it probably balances out a bit.

I'm up this late at night and have my computer on constantly all the time anyways.

I believe I am one of the handful of people who understands and nods with this kind of behaviour.

I am wondering what is the "right price" for you guys? I've ordered one at around US$203 before shipping, and after shipping it costs like a web-exclusive unit for me. Plus the troubles.

I believe I am one of the handful of people who understands and nods with this kind of behaviour.

I am wondering what is the "right price" for you guys? I've ordered one at around US$203 before shipping, and after shipping it costs like a web-exclusive unit for me. Plus the troubles.

To me, that's too much, but a last resort "no vaseline, just give it to me" fix for the problem. I too, have that as a last ditch, which I'd rather keep for someone here if I get through on the hlj stuff. At least I see the price changing in our favor on hlj. Hope that continues.

there's this whole principle thing of not wanting to pay more than the msrb and expecting to be able to buy from the retailer of your choosing. It's wierd and doesn't really make sense.