DX VF-25G

zulu

I got a response from HLJ regarding the VF-25G perorder window and Brian Keats, the rep basically said there is no way for them to notify us the exact time when the preorder will go live. It goes live when they get info about it from Bandai. Oh well. I gave it a shot.

This is kind of stupid. I mean, Anime export posted on their website they'd be putting up their Bandai orders, then on Facebook they put the exact hour orders would go up, 5 pm Japan time. Right then, Bandai preorders started to go up an within the hour, they ended with the 25G order.

When they had the 171 order, it was on their front page banner that the preorder would go up that day. That gives people a decent window to look into instead of "whenever." I think that was more than reasonable

Edited by pud333

Its gotta be a place holder. No way its gone that fast.

anybody know what time of day and week the 171 went up?

it went up the first time around midnight on the first of March (same time as amiami and hobbysearch), they showed up again on the 7th at about 1:30am PST.

I'm thinking there's a high probability that the VF-25G will show up again as well. I'm thinking about the same time it showed up last night (i.e about 2:30am PST) sometime between Wednesday and next Monday.

LOL sometime between Wednesday and next Monday. At some point I have to ask myself is this amount of time wasted worth the 60-70 dollars saved or not...and it's still not even a sure thing. Not by a long shot.

Edited by mass driver

Since I'm at home, I just do the refresh every so often for both hlj and ami ami. It is a real pain in the behind, but I really don't want to spend extra money. In anycase, I hope they decide to make the Tornado pack available for this one. I'd like to have my F with the Super pack, the S with the Armor pack, the G with the Tornado pack, and the RVF standard.

It's not counter productive, because if Bandai does make this another small run, the retailers don't want to overshoot their preorders, and run into the problems we've seen already with pissing customers off with unfulfilled orders. Until they get confirmation on numbers, they're probably underestimating the numbers they'll get. If it turns out that high numbers will be made, the retailers will be able to open the preorders up accordingly.

Wouldnt a company like Bandai have a better idea of how many to produce based on how many preorders retailers collect?

Edited by DarkHawk

I'd like to have my F with the Super pack, the S with the Armor pack, the G with the Tornado pack, and the RVF standard.

That's precisely how I want to display my Frontier Valks :D

Edited by Old Man

Wouldnt a company like Bandai have a better idea of how many to produce based on how many preorders retailers collect?

You and I would think so, but there's too many unseen issues that could hinder this. Maybe they want it to be limited to create marketability for new, non reissued releases, maybe they don't want shelf stock, maybe they just wanted to redo these for the people who bought the first ones, I have no clue. Usually companies put in orders of 500, or in batches of 1000 increments. Maybe they didn't have data on how well these would sell until now, and they can approve for larger batch orders from the factory. There's just too many things we don't know. The only thing that's known now, is that having to wait, and hope for open preorders from HLJ, and other places, sucks.

Edit: Just read the display options. That seems the best way to get the most, without having to overspend on 2 fast packs, 2 armor sets, and 2 tornado packs. LOL, glad to know there are others who've thought this out.

Edited by Jasonc

Maybe they already decided on production numbers and where already in the process of making them before pre-orders happened, and the fact that this release and the last one sold out so stupidly fast in pre-order didn't get to them until it was too late to actually make more.

It almost seems like getting ahold of the add ons is easier than getting the actual Valk.

It absolutely is---because while the Tamashii webshop is exclusive/limited---THEY MAKE AS MANY AS THEY GET ORDERS FOR. If only 407 are ordered, they make 407. But it they get 23,602 orders then they'll make 23,602. There's no pre-order discount, but if you want one and pre-order it---you'll get it. (and pre-orders are open for days/weeks at a time)

At this point, I think most everyone wishes the VF-25S, VF-171EX, and VF-25G were done just like the Tamashii webshop stuff----just get your order in (at your leisure--you can afford to wait for your next paycheck or two) before the deadline, and you're sure to get one. No refreshing a site 500 times, no "we only got 6% of our order in", no staying online 24/7 just to NOT get one...

It absolutely is---because while the Tamashii webshop is exclusive/limited---THEY MAKE AS MANY AS THEY GET ORDERS FOR. If only 407 are ordered, they make 407. But it they get 23,602 orders then they'll make 23,602. There's no pre-order discount, but if you want one and pre-order it---you'll get it. (and pre-orders are open for days/weeks at a time)

At this point, I think most everyone wishes the VF-25S, VF-171EX, and VF-25G were done just like the Tamashii webshop stuff----just get your order in (at your leisure--you can afford to wait for your next paycheck or two) before the deadline, and you're sure to get one. No refreshing a site 500 times, no "we only got 6% of our order in", no staying online 24/7 just to NOT get one...

I had no idea, at least some part of this process isn't a giant headache. On the up side, if I do manage to secure this toy I'll be able to find a way to get the armor for it.

As for the 25G, the more I look at the pictures, the more I feel like this might be my favorite Valk of all time. Not owning one isn't an option. I'm just hoping I get lucky before the after market price explosion.

I really hope Nippon yesan won't be another ishop2go......they are still taking pre-orders on the 25g AND the VF-171.

Chris

Yeah, sounds like they're setting folks up for disappointment. But at least they don't take any money until the item's (coming) in stock.

I really hope Nippon yesan won't be another ishop2go......they are still taking pre-orders on the 25g AND the VF-171.

Chris

I'm really hoping that their mark up on the item is what is keeping orders open, people are just holding out for the cheaper options. The thing has gone up like 20 bucks before shipping since I pre-ordered it on...Monday or whenever.

Can this be folded into the VF-25 thread?

Why do you guys think it's there in the first place? For ishts and giggles?

For general talk about the VF-25 renewal series of toys, including all variants and armors currently released and forthcoming.

This thread is for talking about how hard we're all bashing are heads against the proverbial wall trying to get a pre-order in for the VF-25G in particular.

Edited by anime52k8

Chris

Nippon just changed the status to Sold Out. Man I hope they fulfill those pre-orders.

The fast packs are much easier to create and construct than the Valks themselves. So it's easier to fill orders. And realistically the maximum amount of orders for fast packs won't be larger than the Valks sold.

I was told by a Japanese vendor years ago that booking high-end factories isn't easy or cheap.

So what I'm saying is that it costs a lot more to make Valks than fast packs, as Bandai wouldn't need high-end labor to make the packs.

OK, hang on a minute. Are these OUT yet?

I pre-ordered one last night from Nippon Yasan, and got a confirmation etc. This morning, I got another message saying I couldn't use that method "pre-order" because the item was already in stock so they canceled my order. Now they show it as "available"?

Yeah, I frakked up and got the non-renewal version. I just pre-ordered the "renewal" version. We'll see what happens. Unless these are on the street, I'm not going to shell out for them. AE was great about the YF-29 but this place showing them "available" makes me a little nervous.

Funny, ishop2go has the 25G listed through their Macross series shop on the main page.

They are NOT taking any preorders- it just states: check after the release date for available stock.....

That can't be a good sign.

Funny, ishop2go has the 25G listed through their Macross series shop on the main page.

They are NOT taking any preorders- it just states: check after the release date for available stock.....

That can't be a good sign.

Simple, Nippon Yasan got an exclusive on all the pre-order stock from Bandai. That's why they are still offering the pre-order while it's closed everywhere else!

XD