WTF iShop2go!!

zulu

Its bad enough that you could not complete my order for 2 of the YF-29 and I don't blame them for this. What I am pissed off at is that they only refunded me back $438.62 when I originally paid $481.24. Why the hell would they keep $42.62 of my money!!! I just sent then an email asking for an explanation on why they feel it was necessary to keep this money. Anybody else out there experience this? Any advice on how I should handle this would be appreciated.

Yup, most likely exchange rate as payment was probably made in HK dollars and they refunded the equivalent in HK dollars. Have a look at the transaction on your paypal account to see whether the HK dollars amount are the same.

This is a risk of paying upfront. Happened to me before for paying an item on ebay when the person did not have stock for an item and subsequently refunded about 4 weeks later where the exchange rate went down.

Isn't this the place that sold the VF-171 before any other store and then sold another 200 (number is hopefully hyperbole) after every reputable dealer closed their preorders after selling like 7 units? I suspect many people are about to feel a very similar burn.

Its bad enough that you could not complete my order for 2 of the YF-29 and I don't blame them for this. What I am pissed off at is that they only refunded me back $438.62 when I originally paid $481.24. Why the hell would they keep $42.62 of my money!!! I just sent then an email asking for an explanation on why they feel it was necessary to keep this money. Anybody else out there experience this? Any advice on how I should handle this would be appreciated.

I got burned by ishop2go too. My beef is that why don't they just allow you to pay for the item when they have it in hand? In that way, nobody incurs Paypal fees.

At least they refunded you in your currency. They refunded me in HKD and other than the paypal fees, I have no idea how much I am losing through Paypal's crappy exchange rates and can't really demand a fair value from them.

Never buying from them again.

All you guys who bought the VF-171 from them, pray they have the stock..

Their customer service is very bad.

Placed my order for some 1/60 super parts more than a month ago but items were not in stock.

It took many days for them to reply one email and the refund hasn't been done yet.

I am still waiting for my money back.

Never buy from iShop2go again !!

I have a pre-order in to this place for a vf-171 also.....

Unfortunatly, it's been past 45 days and paypal won't let me dispute....

Luckly, All but $27 was paid from my Credit Card via paypal....I'm going to call them and see what I can do....

I have 0 faith that ishop2go will come though with my pre-order....

I have a pre-order in to this place for a vf-171 also.....

Unfortunatly, it's been past 45 days and paypal won't let me dispute....

Luckly, All but $27 was paid from my Credit Card via paypal....I'm going to call them and see what I can do....

I have 0 faith that ishop2go will come though with my pre-order....

Or maybe you could email ishop2go and request a refund...?

If it makes you guys feel any better I've pre-ordered several Yamato Valks through them and they've always delivered. The problem is Bandai's limited runs. ishop2go shouldn't be taking as many pre-orders as they are but it's not like they don't come through on other things. It's all centered around this Bandai, low-production run bullshit.

Their website no longer works . ..

Thats not a good sign in anyway. You guys need to call your credit card companies or Paypal, etc. And try to get your money back.

Edited by 505thAirborne

Hey guys, ishop2go just emailed me, this is their reply:

Thx for your email. We ordered from Bandai with large amount of VF-171, about 300+. But as you know it cut order in a very great amount with YF-29, we cannot forecast how many it would cut for this. Anyway, we have played safe already, we only received 150+ orders now. If Bandai does not cut order more than half, you should have one.

Anyway, we would let you know when news come. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Edited by ah_t00t

Is there any thread on the forum where members can post the names of websites that have burned them and/or had negative experiences with them, so that other members can be wary or even just avoid them in general? It might be really beneficial to the members. :lol:

I'd love to add ishop2go onto this list due to this incident.

Is there any thread on the forum where members can post the names of websites that have burned them and/or had negative experiences with them, so that other members can be wary or even just avoid them in general? It might be really beneficial to the members. :lol:

I'd love to add ishop2go onto this list due to this incident.

why yes there is:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=172

Hey guys, ishop2go just emailed me, this is their reply:

Thx for your email. We ordered from Bandai with large amount of VF-171, about 300+. But as you know it cut order in a very great amount with YF-29, we cannot forecast how many it would cut for this. Anyway, we have played safe already, we only received 150+ orders now. If Bandai does not cut order more than half, you should have one.

Anyway, we would let you know when news come. If you have any questions, please let us know.

That email is barely intelligible, I can hardly understand what it's trying to say.

Their customer service is very bad.

Placed my order for some 1/60 super parts more than a month ago but items were not in stock.

It took many days for them to reply one email and the refund hasn't been done yet.

I am still waiting for my money back.

Never buy from iShop2go again !!

This same situation happened to me when I tried to buy a low vis 1/60 v2 Focker from them a long time ago. It took weeks to get refunded and the communication was very slow. I decided then that I would never order from them again. I ended up waiting it out and bought one from a member here.

Well, at least they're preventing this problem from happening in the future with the VF-25G:

"Start from this DX Chogokin, we would not receive any pre-orders. We only sell when this product is released. Please come and check for the updates of our stock in End of September, 2012. We are sorry for any inconvenient caused."

Thanks Mike, I just had time to post a nomination of ishop2go onto the MW Blacklist :lol:

Should they be blacklisted? Shouldn't there just be a warning? I've pre-ordered plenty of other things from them that have been sent. It's only these limited Bandai toys that seem to be an issue.

Should they be blacklisted? Shouldn't there just be a warning? I've pre-ordered plenty of other things from them that have been sent. It's only these limited Bandai toys that seem to be an issue.

I don't think it's so much the Bandai shortage that pissed people off, but more the fact that they ended up losing money with paypal fees. I think IShop2Go could have handled that part better. I have been refunded several times by overseas online stores and never have been hit with fees.