Bandai = EPIC FAIL :(

zulu

Dear,

Thank you for purchasing goods in IShop2go.com .

We are sorry to tell your ordered item -

Bandai Macross Frontier DX Chogokin YF-29 Messiah Valkyrie Durandal x 2

has been out of stock. It is because Bandai Japan has great shortage of this item, they did not produce enough products for us from selling. We only got 5 even order for more than 200 from them, some toy shop here cannot even got 1. Owning to this, we can deliver those available items according to the purchase date. Unfortunately, you are not in the first 5 buyers.

By then, we cannot deliver and need to refund the pre-order cost HK$3,637.48 back to you through Paypal. Please check out this with your paypal account.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you need to contact us about this order, please make sure the order number is stated in your email.

Thank you again for purchasing goods in IShop2go.com.

We hope we can serve you in near future.

Customer Service of IShop2go.com

Anybody else get an email like this?

That's mostly IShop2go's fault. Bandai HK has long history of under-supplying med range to high-end toys in the HK market, although in this case they have to get them from Japan anyway since only HG in has official Macross distribution license in HK.

Bandai's fault? marginally...

It's the distributor or this particular online retailer's fault for selling things they don't have in stock and will probably never get.

It's unfortunately quite common in Hong Kong for the seller to impose ridiculous conditions on the transaction, and the buyer is completely exposed.

Holy sh*t, 5 out of 200? That's insane.

I doubt they really expect to get 200 of anything. They just overstated the number to appear as though they'd been slighted as well and that they genuinely expected to fullfil every order.They probably hoped for 20 at best.

Edited by Dimis

Thanks for posting. Yep, I got that same email this morning. Also had to pay a paypal fee for converting HKD to USD - lovely way to start off my day :p Yea, I don't think I'll want to order from IShop2go.com again after this. I guess I'll just have to either wait for HLJ to have them again, or pay the marked up prices on eBay

My theory is that Bandai is having trouble with the factory or factories producing the latest DX chogokins. I believe whatever factory Bandai is using to produce these toys are producing a lot of toys that have sub-par quality and maybe that's why so few of them are making it to retailers. It's just a crazy theory but Bandai's quality on quite a few of their toy lines have been sinking. I can no longer open up a Bandai toy and expect near perfect paint, there's seems to be a lot more chips, hair and dirt on my recent Bandai purchases. <_<

I also have one of my VF-171EX pre-orders with iShop2go, but so far haven't received any order cancellation or refund email from them. Will post here if I do.

Graham

Is the VF-171EX out already??? I did a late pre order from nippon-yassan and thought they had it for a release date of late June.

Is the VF-171EX out already??? I did a late pre order from nippon-yassan and thought they had it for a release date of late June.

I'm beginning to question if Nippon Yassan is going to be able to fill all their 171 orders. Their pre order window has been open longer than any other store. I foresee a refund in my future...but I hope they follow through.

I got the same email from ishop2go this morning. What I don't get is how big the discrepancy is between actual and expected. I mean, you think if Bandai only had 5 and have orders for 200+... either they would try to increase production or set a more realistic expectation... hopefully some time before the release date.