ROTF was just bad movie making, even Bay came out publicly that it was bad.

Terrible story, awful reusing of footage, offensively bad character development.

Too many minor plot points. The Fallen was on screen for a total of 3 minutes.

Should have just called it: Transformers Devastators Balls

DOTM was a masterpiece compared to ROTF.

Yet still fell short, if Meg's knew all along Sentinel was buried, it would negate the first two movies.

They can travel threw space, so why did the Decepticons on the moon have to wait

For the space bridge? Why didn't they arrive for the battle of the all spark?

Why wasn't IronHide listening to Sentinel when he was spouting off about working with Meg's?

Everybody was pissed about the Twins in ROTF for being offensive,

But no one got offended over the Benz executing the "Einstein" looking Benz.

After surrendering?

ROTF was just bad movie making

Except it was not, most people are fools and cynics.

Terrible story

The story was fine.

offensively bad character development.

The development was fine.

Too many minor plot points

That is not an issue, I easily kept up with anything because I *gasp* paid attention!

The Fallen was on screen for a total of 3 minutes.

Ten would be more accurate.

They can travel threw space, so why did the Decepticons on the moon have to wait

Because military planning.

For the space bridge? Why didn't they arrive for the battle of the all spark?

It was not their job.

Everybody was pissed about the Twins in ROTF for being offensive,

And nothing they did was offensive unless you're like the average homophobe that can be offended by literally anything.

But no one got offended over the Benz executing the "Einstein" looking Benz.

Why would you?

Yeah I don't care what people with names in the credits have to say unless it is something in universe.

Watch movies like this, then get back to me about "bad movies/storytelling" nonsense.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062952/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088184/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076263/

Edited by DuelGundam2099

Sticking to this month's theme of Transformers, let's move our focus on the director himself, Michael Bay. Of all the films he's directed, which is the worst?

Bad Boys (1995)

The Rock (1996)

Armageddon (1998)

Pearl Harbor (2001)

Bad Boys II (2003)

The Island (2005)

Transformers (2007)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

Pain & Gain (2013)

Edited by areaseven

Tough call! I would say Pearl Habor because I enjoyed some scenes out of RotF and The Island.

So should The Island be the worst of the bunch because it is the only Science Fiction movie on that? ^_^

Tough call! I would say Pearl Habor because I enjoyed some scenes out of RotF and The Island.

So should The Island be the worst of the bunch because it is the only Science Fiction movie on that? ^_^

There's really nothing exceptionally bad about the Island, it's just kind of meh. Pearl Harbor and RotF are really close at the bottom, but I think I'd agree with giving it to Pearl Harbor if only because I could more easily be cajoled into watching RotF again.

The Island wasn't bad, it wasn't good (and it was a ripoff of "Parts: The Clonus Horror" except Island had a budget) but I have seen far worse.

Pearl Harbor, if you ignore history, is decent - and it has Kate Beckinsale, and I could watch her in Underworld and like it (especially the second one...)

Agreed that The Island was mediocre at best (or worst) but it was certainly watchable.

Sticking to this month's theme of Transformers, let's move our focus on the director himself, Michael Bay. Of all the films he's directed, which is the worst?

Bad Boys (1995)

The Rock (1996)

Armageddon (1998)

Pearl Harbor (2001)

Bad Boys II (2003)

The Island (2005)

Transformers (2007)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

Pain & Gain (2013)

Kind of a tough call, between Bad Boys II, Pearl Harbor and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen you could go in any direction (no pun intended) with which is Bay's worst. The others on that list I could watch on a lazy day if and only if I had absolutely nothing better to do (no comment on Pain & Gain since I've never seen it).

-b.

Haven't seen any of his works since "The Island". Therefore, take this with a grain of salt:

Worst: Armageddon (in this case, some of the problems can be nailed down to bad writing - as they were still writing it while filming! But that doesn't excuse the majority of mistakes in it).

Best: The Island - as Ebert said, it's an interesting double feature. I was disappointed with the second half of the feature, and I'll leave it at that.

(Note: in general, if it has his name attached to a project as director, I generally avoid it. I almost didn't watch the Island on Movie+, except the first 5 minutes were intriguing enough to continue.)

Edited by sketchley

Of that list I find Armageddon to be the absolute worst... utter crap that makes other crap embarrassed. I've seen (suffered trough) it once and would vote to include it to the list of cruel and unusual torture tactics banned for being too brutal. To me it is utterly unwatchable, making everything else on that list a masterpiece by comparison.

Edited by mechaninac

DuelGundam2099's gonna defend the sh*t out of this movie, just as he did with Dragonball Evolution.

I take back my accusation of trolling. He's not inciting anything; it's just his shtick. Like Steven "Francis" Williams on YouTube.

I liked Armageddon. It's in with stuff like The Core on my "so bad it's good" list.

The Island just switches to a completely different movie halfway through, like Bay suddenly realized he had a stock of cars and explosives to use. Imma nominate it just for the mental whiplash.

The Island was probably the only Michael Bay film that put me to sleep. Having seen a lot of '70s and '80s dystopian films, this one really brought nothing new to the table (and I've never seen Parts: The Clonus Horror).

Armageddon has a bad script, but it's easily a guilty pleasure film - with significantly much better replay value than the other falling object film Deep Impact.

I gotta go dust off Bad Boys and The Rock. Haven't seen Bad Boys II, but now I'm tempted because of its reference in Hot Fuzz. And I'm not touching Pearl Harbor with a 10-foot pole.

That said, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is the worst of all the Michael Bay films on my list.

The Rock is the best by far.

The Island has a quite good first half IMHO, then it ceases to be a sci-fi film and becomes a generic Bay "flashy cars+action+'splosions!" film. Seriously, did someone else direct the first half? I've heard much about Spielberg's involvement in the first half of TF2007, and this seems similar---where the whole first half of the movie has a different tone, and is much more about discovery and character.

The Rock & Armageddon have their moments, Billy Bob Thornton was probably the best part of the movie. The Island is so-so, best part of it is the music played at the end "My name is Lincoln".

Pearl Harbor.... Holy $h-t that movie is horrible and I'm a big WWII History buff/collector, between the acting, so-called love triangle, dialogue, playing chicken with P-40s vs. Zeros and the way the USS Hornet went from looking like a 50's Carrier to a Modern day carrier via "consistent editing" and the grand finale, yikes what a steaming turd!

I still enjoy the first Transformers movie as its just fun overall, but ROTF is just plain bad and the Dark of the Moon was not much of an improvement. We can only hope Bay had a massive epiphany at some point and said "damn, maybe I should take a tip or two from Chris Nolan, Peter Jackson, Wes Anderson, etc"

The Rock & Armageddon have their moments, Billy Bob Thornton was probably the best part of the movie. The Island is so-so, best part of it is the music played at the end "My name is Lincoln".

Pearl Harbor.... Holy $h-t that movie is horrible and I'm a big WWII History buff/collector, between the acting, so-called love triangle, dialogue, playing chicken with P-40s vs. Zeros and the way the USS Hornet went from looking like a 50's Carrier to a Modern day carrier via "consistent editing" and the grand finale, yikes what a steaming turd!

I still enjoy the first Transformers movie as its just fun overall, but ROTF is just plain bad and the Dark of the Moon was not much of an improvement. We can only hope Bay had a massive epiphany at some point and said "damn, maybe I should take a tip or two from Chris Nolan, Peter Jackson, Wes Anderson, etc"

Don't hold your breath.

Yeah, as much as I want to be optimistic in the same vein as 505thAirborne the realistic/pragmatic side of me agrees with s001 1,000,000%. Bay has made himself and studios way to much money to ever have an incentive to change. Oscars or critical acclaim be damned when you're rolling in dough and still getting opportunities to work and do what you want to do.

areaseven don't watch Bad boys ll !!!

Trust me, it makes you want to stick something very deep in your ear so you forget it.

QFT.

-b.

areaseven don't watch Bad boys ll !!!

Trust me, it makes you want to stick something very deep in your ear so you forget it.

Come on - it can't be any worse than ROTF or Pearl Harbor. I know Bad Boys II has a lot of bad reviews, but how bad can it be compared to other buddy cop films such as Lethal Weapon 3-4, Rush Hour 3 and the Starsky & Hutch remake?

Bad Boys II is really bad, as bad as Pearl Harbor... its up there. I'd much rather watch Rush Hour 3 again and Lethal Weapon 4 back to back vs. BB2.

Although the best way to know for sure is to watch it, then you'll know just how bad it is.

You know, with the Indiana Jones movies getting better with each release, it makes me wonder how good a fourth one would've been if they'd made it.

It's probably for the best that they didn't. Humanity just isn't ready for that yet.

I still think Star Wars: The Phantom Menace deserves a place in the worst list. Not because of any objective measure of quality, but because of the sheer disappointment of the release.

The broken dreams, crushed expectations, and shattered hopes it left in it's wake elevate it above any mere travesty of scriptwriting. It may not be as bad as some other movies, but it cut so many so deeply that it can't simply be ignored.