• 2 weeks later...

Hal Needham, veteran stuntman and film director, died today at the age of 82. He was best known as Burt Reynolds' stunt double before directing his biggest hit, Smokey and the Bandit, in 1977. He also went on to direct The Cannonball Run and its sequels. As this thread is about the worst sci-fi (and sometimes not sci-fi) movies ever made, let's remember him for one of his works.

R.I.P. Hal Needham.

Hal Needham, Veteran Hollywood Stuntman and Director, Dies at 82

Edited by areaseven

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's that time of the year again - here are the nominees and winners of the 34th Golden Raspberry Awards. Perhaps the biggest surprise was Grown Ups 2 having the most nominations but going home empty-handed, as Movie 43 and After Earth were justifiably worse.

Worst Picture

Movie 43

After Earth

Grown Ups 2

The Lone Ranger

A Madea Christmas

Worst Actor

Jaden Smith (After Earth)

Johnny Depp (The Lone Ranger)

Ashton Kutcher (Jobs)

Adam Sandler (Grown Ups 2)

Sylvester Stallone (Bullet to the Head, Escape Plan and Grudge Match)

Worst Actress

Tyler Perry (A Madea Christmas)

Halle Berry (The Call, Movie 43)

Selena Gomez (Getaway)

Lindsay Lohan (The Canyons)

Naomi Watts (Diana, Movie 43)

Worst Supporting Actor

Will Smith (After Earth)

Chris Brown (Battle of the Year)

Larry the Cable Guy (A Madea Christmas)

Taylor Lautner (Grown Ups 2)

Nick Swardson (Grown Ups 2 and A Haunted House)

Worst Supporting Actress

Kim Kardashian (Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor)

Salma Hayek (Grown Ups 2)

Katherine Heigl (The Big Wedding)

Lady Gaga (Machete Kills)

Lindsay Lohan (InAPPropriate Comedy and Scary Movie 5)

Worst Screen Combo

Jaden Smith & Will Smith (After Earth)

The entire cast of Grown Ups 2

The entire cast of Movie 43

Lindsay Lohan & Charlie Sheen (A Haunted House)

Tyler Perry & Larry the Cable Guy & "that worn out wig and dress" (A Madea Christmas)

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel

The Lone Ranger

Grown Ups 2

The Hangover Part III

Scary Movie 5

The Smurfs 2

Worst Director

The 13 people who directed Movie 43

Dennis Dugan (Grown Ups 2)

Tyler Perry (A Madea Christmas and Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor)

M. Night Shyamalan (After Earth)

Gore Verbinski (The Lone Ranger)

Worst Screenplay

Movie 43

After Earth

Grown Ups 2

The Lone Ranger

A Madea Christmas

Edited by areaseven

After Earth was not that bad, certainly not great but not the stinker it has been made out to be. What people really seem to be upset with is the Nepotism involved.

To quote the famous puppet show.

Henry Fonda - Millions of actors say nepotism is a terrible problem in this industry.

Report - Which actors would that be.

Fonda - My family...

• 1 month later...

I've always wondered why people hate After Earth other than generic anti-Shamylan bandwagoning. Then again people don't like his Avatar movie for dumb reasons, so whatever.

Because After Earth sucked. Never saw The Last Airbender, never wanted to so I can't comment from personal experience but from all accounts that one sucked too.

-b.

Hal Needham, veteran stuntman and film director, died today at the age of 82. He was best known as Burt Reynolds' stunt double before directing his biggest hit, Smokey and the Bandit, in 1977. He also went on to direct The Cannonball Run and its sequels. As this thread is about the worst sci-fi (and sometimes not sci-fi) movies ever made, let's remember him for two of his works.

R.I.P. Hal Needham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWl4dhxCR1k

Hal Needham, Veteran Hollywood Stuntman and Director, Dies at 82

OMG MegaForce was one of my favorite movies as a kid in the 80s. It was so horribly cheesy and filled with cool, over the top, garrish as hell vehicles. I even made up my bike to look like the flying bike, complete with wings and missile launchers. Now I cringe whenever I see it, lol.

Why and how if I may ask?

In just about every way, but it was just dumb and horribly acted. Honestly I feel dirty even talking about it - if you really want some feedback on it then check out any number of reviews or ratings.

I have a very high tolerance level for BS in movies, and I've enjoyed some pretty universally disliked movies as guilty pleasures (use Deep Rising, Battle: Los Angeles as examples) but I hate this one about as much as I hated Battlefield Earth.

-b.

Only because it was online and for free I've tried to watch After Earth. The idea & premise aren't the worst since Greedo shooting first, but the movie really suffers from poor acting. Even if I convinced myself that Will Smith & his son are playing a role that is to be acted a certain way, its just bad. I don't care about the nepotism, M. Knight just tried so hard to throw the emotion in your face its overkill. (kind of like a bad comedian that has to explain the joke to you and drop 5 F-bombs in order to make you laugh).

I haven't seen it, I'm just asking WHY people hate it and all I get is the generic "acting" nonsense.

If you find the responses "nonsense" then stop asking and watch it for yourself, or don't, but don't waste people's time by asking. <_<

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

Atlhough not the worst "Dark Soldier D" deserves an (dis)honorable mention. The only real saving grace for the "movie" was the giant man eating chicken - mainly due to it being plucked so it looked like it was ready for the deep fat fryer.

Atlhough not the worst "Dark Soldier D" deserves an (dis)honorable mention. The only real saving grace for the "movie" was the giant man eating chicken - mainly due to it being plucked so it looked like it was ready for the deep fat fryer.

You mean this?