• 2 weeks later...

Ah, f*ck it - might as well call this sci-fi, as it reminds me of The Room a lot. As a matter of fact, The Room seems like an American ripoff of Tagalog drama movies.

Oh yeah, more than half of this trailer is in English. You've been warned...

Edited by areaseven

Even after over 10 years, this ranks in my book as one of the worst movie endings ever made:

To each their own... this film is definitely a Stanley Kubrick film. And the Steven Spielberg treatment of it makes it a unique film. Nevertheless, I found the ending quite thought provoking, and emotionally satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to figure out why some people think A.I.: Artificial Intelligence is a good movie. My main gripe with that movie is that it ended over 30 minutes ago

when David and Teddy arrive at the bottom of the ocean to see the Blue Fairy and wish for David to become a real boy.

Instead, we get dragged

over 2,000 years later when mankind has become extinct, and David still wants his mommy.

Because of this movie, I stopped watching Spielberg's movies for about seven years. Then I saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and that further pissed me off. I didn't watch another Spielberg movie until The Adventures of Tintin.

over 2,000 years later when mankind has become extinct, and David still wants his mommy.

Whoa dude, too much testosterone!! Watch this film with a woman who has given birth to a child, this film kills them emotionally, especially the part where the mother abandons David.

Whoa dude, too much testosterone!! Watch this film with a woman who has given birth to a child, this film kills them emotionally, especially the part where the mother abandons David.

Not just that. See: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36946&view=findpost&p=1000823

I also feel like adding: it's through and through a Stanley Kubrick film. Steven Spielberg totally captured Kubrick's recurring theme of dehumanization. This time, to the point that the robot's that supplant humans are more human (in the sense of humanism) than the people. The ending is especially important for conveying that point.

But yeah, if that doesn't work, do what Taksraven said.

• 1 month later...

3. G-Saviour - It was horrid enough for Yoshiyuki Tomino to walk out of the theater during its premiere night in Tokyo. As a matter of fact, you can actually watch it in full on YouTube because nobody wants to file a copyright claim on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"G-Saviour ..."

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by バンダイビジュアル株式会社.

Why, Bandai, Why?

Ah, f*ck it - might as well call this sci-fi, as it reminds me of The Room a lot. As a matter of fact, The Room seems like an American ripoff of Tagalog drama movies.

Oh yeah, more than half of this trailer is in English. You've been warned...

i'll take that and raise you this:

it features a raygun that's also a gay radar and turns whatever it hits into zombies, so it IS sci-fi.

verdict? bad sci-fi, hilariously good comedy.

i've never before watched a movie in my native language where i still needed the subtitles because of all the gay-speak

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At least this video is better than the entire movie...

funny, but I think it misses the point that twilight is at it's core about normalizing and glamorizing physically and emotionally abusive relationships:

www.psychologytoday.com/blog/psychologist-the-movies/201111/relationship-violence-in-twilight

Was mentioned in the old thread... But...

WHAT THE F*CK... I mean, WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK...

my brain hurts....

but that did link to a clip from the old Spawn cartoon show which I haven't watched in years. So thanks for that I guess.

funny, but I think it misses the point that twilight is at it's core about normalizing and glamorizing physically and emotionally abusive relationships:

www.psychologytoday.com/blog/psychologist-the-movies/201111/relationship-violence-in-twilight

All I can say to that is that some psychologists need to get a real life. (or a more appropriate job). The best one I ever knew said "sometimes a dream is significant, and sometimes it simply means it was bad pepporonni pizza last night". Twilight is simply the bad pizza...

All I can say to that is that some psychologists need to get a real life. (or a more appropriate job). The best one I ever knew said "sometimes a dream is significant, and sometimes it simply means it was bad pepporonni pizza last night". Twilight is simply the bad pizza...

Mass media is the principle driving and shaping factor of our modern culture. more than anything else what we experience through media outlets defines how we view the world and what we perceive as normal, acceptable and desirable behavior in real life.

Every copy of twilight sold is potentially one impressionable young person being conditioned to believe that submissive, hetero-normative gender roles and violent, domineering, and emotionally harmful relationships are both acceptable and desirable in regular society.

Media Work us over completely man...

at least that's one way of looking at it.

This isn't really science fiction but I had to find a place to vent: For years people have been telling me that I NEEDED, absolutely NEEDED to watch Armageddon before I passed from this Earth, because this is something I would truly relish and relate to on a deep personal level.

Well, I'm not sure what to think about the movie because here I am, 20 minutes into it and I've got a frakking headache the size of an asteroid since every character has been yelling, screaming their lines. The movie has been nothing but yelling, screaming and posturing for the last 20 goddamn minutes. Why was this movie so popular back in the day? Is there anything redeeming about this movie other than the ending credits? Well I guess I won't find out because I'm shutting this scream and explosion fest off...

This isn't really science fiction but I had to find a place to vent: For years people have been telling me that I NEEDED, absolutely NEEDED to watch Armageddon before I passed from this Earth, because this is something I would truly relish and relate to on a deep personal level.

Well, I'm not sure what to think about the movie because here I am, 20 minutes into it and I've got a frakking headache the size of an asteroid since every character has been yelling, screaming their lines. The movie has been nothing but yelling, screaming and posturing for the last 20 goddamn minutes. Why was this movie so popular back in the day? Is there anything redeeming about this movie other than the ending credits? Well I guess I won't find out because I'm shutting this scream and explosion fest off...

But your missing out on fire burning in the vacuum of space and using a Gatling gun mounted on a deep space mining vehicle to shoot through the "Impenetrable Titanium Skin" of a space shuttle.

you're also missing out on the realization that this ridiculous, nonsensical, jumbled mess of a film was made with the full support of NASA and the US air force, including unprecedented access to training facilities, active launch pads and multi-milion dollar space suits.

Edited by anime52k8

You did yourself a favor, that movie it pure dreck.

My Dad's a spacecraft engineer. When Armageddon came out, an email was passed around his circles pointing out all the scientific inaccuracies of the movie (and there were A LOT).

After that, if anyone told me I "needed" to see the movie, I felt free to laugh in their face(s).

My Dad's a spacecraft engineer. When Armageddon came out, an email was passed around his circles pointing out all the scientific inaccuracies of the movie (and there were A LOT).

When the basic premise of the plot is laughable (*) there is not need to get into any details...

(*) - they intercepted the asteroid far enough out into space that merely changing it's course would more then suffice.