STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH! I do actually agree with Elm Street 5 and Shrek The Third to some degree. The one that baffles me is Friday Part 5, that franchise was composed of slasher cliches, fans hated that movie because of the lack of Jason. Hell, part 8 was hated far more than 5.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

I don't know if it's been said or not, but Signs was a godawful terrible flick. Because neither godawful nor terrible covers the shee atrocity by itself.

I caught it end-of-run at a dollar movie, and thought I overpaid. Shyamalama owes me two hours of my life back.

Shyamalan-ma-ding-dong has ridden his one good movie, arguably, into directing a string of ever-worse garbage... and Signs isn't even close to his worst effort.

Swing Merrill.

But seriously, aliens that die if you get them wet invade a planet made up mostly of water. What the hell would they do if it rained? Duuuuuummmmmbbbb, dumb, dumb. Like Transformers Revenge of the Fallen level dumb.

-b.

It's actually the only Shamalama movie I've seen.

Swing Merrill.

But seriously, aliens that die if you get them wet invade a planet made up mostly of water. What the hell would they do if it rained? Duuuuuummmmmbbbb, dumb, dumb. Like Transformers Revenge of the Fallen level dumb.

-b.

To heck with rain, what about morning dew?

Signs was the one that made me stop watching M. Night Shyamalan movies. This was a good thing, as he had gone progressively worse after that film.

I don't know man, Signs was a great Alien movie... until the actual attack happened.

I still remember being in the theater and getting a chill up my spine when the Monitor was making the noise.

Even bigger chill when they Alien walked by at the birthday party.

I can pin point when they movie took a nasty turn, it was literally when Shamalayaman ding dong showed up "don't open the pantry".

It all went down hill from there. The ending was one of the worst ending's I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. Another great movie ruined by the ending was "Knowing".

There are easy cases to be made for other Shamallamaduck movies being objectively worse, but by far the most disappointing was the Village. Never in my entire life have I come out of a theater so pissed off at how bullshit the ending to a movie was.

Edited by anime52k8

Swing Merrill.

-b.

How much water did it take? Realistically we are covered in water every single minute of our lives. Were they in a desert? Here in NJ they would spontaneously combust on contact with the atmosphere...

How much water did it take? Realistically we are covered in water every single minute of our lives. Were they in a desert? Here in NJ they would spontaneously combust on contact with the atmosphere...

Like nearly all of Shyamalan's films, Signs takes place in Pennsylvania.

It's actually the only Shamalama movie I've seen.

To heck with rain, what about morning dew?

LOL - right? Any sufficiently humid area would be safe from the aliens too stupid enough not to wear space suits to the little blue orb covered in the stuff that can kill them.

I don't know man, Signs was a great Alien movie... until the actual attack happened.

I still remember being in the theater and getting a chill up my spine when the Monitor was making the noise.

Even bigger chill when they Alien walked by at the birthday party.

I can pin point when they movie took a nasty turn, it was literally when Shamalayaman ding dong showed up "don't open the pantry".

It all went down hill from there. The ending was one of the worst ending's I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. Another great movie ruined by the ending was "Knowing".

Ok, so I will agree that there were some genuine moments of tension in Signs (and probably all of his other movies, except The Happening - that sh!t was dumb from start to finish), unfortunately a few good moments does not a good movie make.

There are easy cases to be made for other Shamallamaduck movies being objectively worse, but by far the most disappointing was the Village. Never in my entire life have I come out of a theater so pissed off at how bullshit the ending to a movie was.

Monster costume or being hidden in a State/National Park. Hard to decide which was worse.

It was a bunch of glasses of water Mel Gibson's daughter left lying around the house/living room. So, less than a gallon combined with the blunt force trauma of getting beaten with a baseball bat.

Like nearly all of Shyamalan's films, Signs takes place in Pennsylvania.

Better than being in Ohio.

-b.

Woah, you're forgetting that Alien was like a foot taller than ol' hair lipped Jaquin. Plus that Alien had some serious muscle.

I'm sure it could have easily taken Merle out to the shed in a few seconds. It was that entire ending of complete bulls*** that

just made you want to kick the seat in front of you.

overtly religious over-tones, combined with "there are no co-incidences" WHAT A TWIST!
Aliens can fly light years through space, but can't bust open a wooden pantry door WHAT A TWIST!

Aliens who die from water land on a planet 70% made of water WHAT A TWIST!

Preacher lives on a farm, that doesn't farm anything, yet full corn fields WHAT A TWIST!

Aliens have a hard time opening doors, but successfully use a attic ladder WHAT A TWIST!

Little Baseball player guy defeats huge alien with a baseball bat... a f**()*)(*& Baseball bat.... WHAT A TWIST!

Sorry, man. I just couldn't resist the temptation.

If it makes you feel better, I meant that more as "I am in DuelGundam mode here" rather than "DuelGundam said this". I'm not actually sure if that's better or worse, though.

I really did like that movie.

And now for the next topic.

Atlas Shrugged is Ayn Rand's last and longest novel, at 1,168 pages long on its first printing. Since its debut in 1957, it has been either loved or hated by critics and has regained its popularity during the recent financial crisis.

To no surprise, Atlas Shrugged has been adapted into the big screen. The novel was split into a film trilogy, with Part I released in 2011 and Part II in 2012; Part III comes out next month. The first two parts tanked heavily at the box office and were severely panned by critics:

Atlas Shrugged: Part I
Budget: US$20 million
Gross: US$4 million
Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 11%

Atlas Shrugged Part II
Budget: US$10 million
Gross: US$3 million
Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 5%

So to anyone who has seen the first two films, how bad were they?

Edited by areaseven

Sorry, man. I just couldn't resist the temptation.

If it makes you feel better, I meant that more as "I am in DuelGundam mode here" rather than "DuelGundam said this". I'm not actually sure if that's better or worse, though.

I really did like that movie.

If it is a mode thing I do not mind too much, I just really don't like false information about myself such as fake or out of context words being flung around with me as the citation.

This exchange was too awesome not to quote.

That is all.

Oh..and...someone didn't like a bad movie...

WHAT A TWIST

-b.

And now for the next topic.

Atlas Shrugged is Ayn Rand's last and longest novel, at 1,168 pages long on its first printing. Since its debut in 1957, it has been either loved or hated by critics and has regained its popularity during the recent financial crisis.

To no surprise, Atlas Shrugged has been adapted into the big screen. The novel was split into a film trilogy, with Part I released in 2011 and Part II in 2012; Part III comes out next month. The first two parts tanked heavily at the box office and were severely panned by critics:

Atlas Shrugged: Part I

Budget: US$20 million

Gross: US$4 million

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 11%

Atlas Shrugged Part II

Budget: US$10 million

Gross: US$3 million

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 5%

So to anyone who has seen the first two films, how bad were they?

Don't know about the movies, the book is pretty bullshit and full of itself. Just go play bioshock 1, it's way more entertaining and gives a more fair and honest take on objectivism.

Wow, I haven't seen that in years and years.

I liked it back then. I have not seen it with the critical eyes of an adult.

Let me put this way, the girl that gets paralyzed and stuck in souped up wheel chair is a better superhero with a better origin story than Shaq's character in Steel. Edited by renegadeleader1