IMHO 90's Godzilla was pretty awful, I like to think that with my taste in movies I have a very high tolerance for the "bad" ones.

I won't be dismissive of those that like it, after all we are all entitled to our own opinions but be fair in what others critique as well - the "problems" with that film were far from "nit-picky" - if you like the movie then truly, good on you, but just realize you enjoy a pretty universally disliked film.

-b.

If you thought the 1998 Godzilla film was bad back then, try watching it now. Proof that '90s CG goes very stale over time.

And to think that Sony re-released it on 4K Blu-ray Disc...

Sony will push anything to a new media format if it sells more TV's, PS-Whatevers or a Disc of some sort.

Re: CGI - yeah, funny how advances in technology changes ones perspective. 20 years from now people will say how the CG have aged in the '14 version of the film.

-b.

I dunno; the Jurassic Park films have aged very well over time. I still like the first 2 (3rd one was kinda 'meh.' they dethroned the T-Rex. :(). It's almost a shame that no-one has truly surpassed those movies on the basis of immersive, "convincing" dinosaurs on screen in the 20+ years since...

To this day, I still love finding for the infamous potted tree and lamp during the first T-Rex attack in the original. Go figure. :p

ed: well, some scenes held up better than others. The dino stampede scene from the 1st movie does look a bit 'transparent' in comparison.

Edited by reddsun1

Time to add "I frankenstein" to the list. My wife was feeling bad yesterday and wanted to watch something stupid so she rented this one on-demand. I can honestly say I had a great time watching it though - I was laughing like crazy.

Not surprised, that had disaster written all over it.

But I'm still gonna stream it if/when it's available on Netflix - glutton for punishment I suppose.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

All afodementioned ST movies have classic qualities protecting them from "worst movie" status, even ST:Operafion Data's Suicide aka "Nemesis."

Real ferrible movies would be more akin to just about anything made by syfy. Hrere are three of my choices:

-Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

-E.Y.E.S of Mars

-Some movie I can't remember the name of that was so low budget that it used stock footage of BSG for all its effects shots.

honorable mention also goes to Ice Pirates and Batle Beyond the Stars for being way too easy targets.

Hey, Sky Captain was pretty good!

And the other one was featured on MSTK. It was Season 8, ep 820 - Space Mutiny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Mutiny

Enjoy

I'm still trying to figure out why some people think A.I.: Artificial Intelligence is a good movie. My main gripe with that movie is that it ended over 30 minutes ago

when David and Teddy arrive at the bottom of the ocean to see the Blue Fairy and wish for David to become a real boy.

Instead, we get dragged

over 2,000 years later when mankind has become extinct, and David still wants his mommy.

Because of this movie, I stopped watching Spielberg's movies for about seven years. Then I saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and that further pissed me off. I didn't watch another Spielberg movie until The Adventures of Tintin.

What gets me about that, is all the robots had to do was to take genetic material from reborn humans - they didn't even have to wake them up - and they could recreate the human race in a matter of days...

You just can't have a worst sci-fi movies without talking of Abrams' Star Trek movies.

Garbage, pure and simple. Both of them.

Sure, I'll bite. As much as I feel loyalty to the original Star Trek because that was what I grew up with and was my gateway into Sci-Fi (thank you for letting me watch and watching with me Mom!) the franchise had grown beyond stale.

Despite a few issues with Abrams Star Trek that was a good movie, lens flare and all. I won't argue Into Darkness because that was just a tad more 'lopsided' but certainly not worst Science Fiction of All Time material, I mean, I'd throw Star Trek: The Final Frontier in here before that.

Except they don't because they're just as amazing as the first trilogy.

Hands down you are one of the funniest people on this forum. :p

The only 'good' prequel movie was Revenge of the Sith and that was because it was far less horrible than the first two that shall not be named prequels.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

It's Transformers month. Between Revenge of the Fallen (2009) and Dark of the Moon (2011), which is worse?

Hands down Revenge of the Fallen - it's just a much hotter mess than Dark of the Moon which IMHO was actually kinda fun once you turn your brain off.

-b.

Revenge of the Fallen was WAY worse than Dark of the Moon. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I actually think there's a fairly solid progression across the trilogy, and by Dark of the Moon Bay had almost figured out how to pace and direct an action film. That or someone saddled him with assistants to keep him in check. In any case, it's the only one of the three I'd consider watching again.

Here's the Tale of the Tape:

What Makes Both Transformers Films Equally Bad?

- Horrible script.

- Shoddy pacing.

- Shia LaBeouf's limited vocabulary.

- Sam's parents are annoying.

What Makes Revenge of the Fallen Worse?

- Incoherent explanation of the history of The Fallen and the Primes.

- Mudflap and Skids.

- Piss-poor strategy by the Autobots that got Optimus Prime killed.

- Waste of great Egyptian and Jordanian scenery.

- Devastator's balls.

- That dream sequence of Sam and the Primes still makes no sense.

What Makes Dark of the Moon Worse?

- Rosie Huntington-Whitely's lack of acting talent compared to Megan Fox.

- Numerous Autobots and Decepticons that ended up being throwaway characters due to lack of development.

- Waste of Ken Jeong's comedic talent.

- Waste of John Malkovich's time.

- Waste of Buzz Aldrin's time.

Personally, I'd rank ROTF as the worst of the trilogy. The only one with replay value is the first film. Despite having faults of its own, Transformers is still an enjoyable sci-fi film.

Pretty much. TF2007 is pretty good, ROTF is awful, DOTM is less bad than ROTF.

Though really---how much better would all these films be, if you stripped away the literal bathroom etc humor? Still my biggest beef with the trilogy. There's humor, then there's truly forced crass "humor" that is shoe-horned into an act, where the whole scene itself is pointless plotwise.

Fallen > Moon > First

What Makes Both Transformers Films Equally Bad?

None, they're all at least decent.

- Horrible script.

Humans spew mouth spam aka dialogue like in real life and we get exposition so the script is fine by default.

- Shoddy pacing.

Dark of The Moon I'll givr you, but the first two movies did good in this.

- Shia LaBeouf's limited vocabulary.

Which has nothing to do with anything (even if it did that would count as "bad script").

- Sam's parents are annoying.

They're only minor characters.

- Incoherent explanation of the history of The Fallen and the Primes.

You sure? It was very coherent when I watched it: There were thirteen and one went rogue.

- Mudflap and Skids.

They were pretty neat characters.

- Waste of great Egyptian and Jordanian scenery.

The last third of the movie had all that.

- Devastator's balls.

It is called comedy.

- That dream sequence of Sam and the Primes still makes no sense.

Alien robots go to heaven, makes sense.

- Rosie Huntington-Whitely's lack of acting talent compared to Megan Fox.

This is provided people watch a movie like that for mouth jibbering.

- Waste of Ken Jeong's comedic talent.

- Waste of John Malkovich's time.

- Waste of Buzz Aldrin's time.

You can say that about every part every actor had in every role ever.