That photo shows well my main gripe with alt-mode: the barrel is too small, and/or the slide is too wide/boxy. I get that compromises must be made for robot mode, but the tiny little barrel sticking out of that big bulky frame, looks (ironically) toy-like.

(plus, I still see a LOT of droop-barrel pics----either it can't be aligned dead-straight due to being diecast with no adjustment/play, or everyone is still mis-transforming that section)

Or it just doesn't lock very well. But yeah, the barrel should sit higher, and it is too small compared to the slide section. Just the same, even if it's not fixed for v1.5, if I end up getting him, he'll very seldom be in gun mode. Robot mode is the selling point for this figure.

And yeah, why would you handle food and then touch your expensive toy? I always scrub like I'm going into surgery before handling my toys, esp my high enders. I'm OCD about clean hands.

Or it just doesn't lock very well. But yeah, the barrel should sit higher, and it is too small compared to the slide section. Just the same, even if it's not fixed for v1.5, if I end up getting him, he'll very seldom be in gun mode. Robot mode is the selling point for this figure.

And yeah, why would you handle food and then touch your expensive toy? I always scrub like I'm going into surgery before handling my toys, esp my high enders. I'm OCD about clean hands.

Haha. Yeah I think when you see yellowed toys - oils and things are probably a big part of breaking down the plastic.

According to the latest Facebook page update, Apollyon's orange barrel plug is going to be glued into the barrel. This was after the review copies had them plugged in but not glued, making them easily removable. Apparently some of the retailers requested that the plugs be glued into place.

According to the latest Facebook page update, Apollyon's orange barrel plug is going to be glued into the barrel. This was after the review copies had them plugged in but not glued, making them easily removable. Apparently some of the retailers requested that the plugs be glued into place.

That might cause me to cancel my pre-order. What do the retailers care if the plugs are removable? Why even carry the item if the stipulation is that it be irreversibly modified from what their customers want?

That might cause me to cancel my pre-order. What do the retailers care if the plugs are removable? Why even carry the item if the stipulation is that it be irreversibly modified from what their customers want?

The retailers think that they need to be glued in to comply with U.S. laws. However, it sounds like XTransbots is looking into providing "unofficial" instructions on how to safely removed the glued in plug without damaging the toy.

The retailers think that they need to be glued in to comply with U.S. laws. However, it sounds like XTransbots is looking into providing "unofficial" instructions on how to safely removed the glued in plug without damaging the toy.

That suggests that the process won't be permanent, which is great. Maybe they'll use rubber cement or hot glue.

Perhaps, but I'm more inclined to think that the added $15 isn't as much X-Transbots as BBTS. X-Transbots said they were including the extra repair items at no additional cost, a cool move on their part for keeping faith with their consumers. I think BBTS sees the demand and charges accordingly.

Unless Takara produces an official version to rival it, then yeah, demand and prices are going to increase.

I'm going to be patient and see. If Takara takes note of the popularity and sales of Apollyon, then that may be the impetus they need.

Perhaps, but I'm more inclined to think that the added $15 isn't as much X-Transbots as BBTS. X-Transbots said they were including the extra repair items at no additional cost, a cool move on their part for keeping faith with their consumers. I think BBTS sees the demand and charges accordingly.

For what it's worth -- the listing at BBTS says:

Note - There are no changes to the figure for the second production run, but the wholesale and retail pricing have been raised $15 by the manufacturer.

This is a bonehead move. But its hasbro's crap fest party. Come and get your inferior plastic shitty molds more stupefied transformers kiddified for stupid kids that cant read instructions

I love some of the comments on that site. One states all 3rd party is garbage. HAHAHAHAHAHA Hasbro rep???? Friggen Hasbro is luckly to have 3P around. Without them the whole line would disappear. Am I supposed to be happy with the MP megatron over the new xtransbots? OR what about what BadCube is doing. Jeez. Glad I dont go to those shitty conventions. They should get rid off all the people that have paintings and shirts too! Gotta not let people with tatoos either. Are their tattoos licenced???

Hasbrocon. vs Botcon One is exultation of corporation the other is a all bots. One day I will get myself to wonderfest

• 2 weeks later...

I received my copy of MMCs Cynicus (IDW Vos) today.

This is such a nice toy and after my rambling about MP Star Saber a nice shift in quality.

It feels so much better in hand as Star Saber. The plastic MMC is using feels really hefty and quality. The poses he can achieve are amazing. Real fun to handle and not fiddly to transform. I would have liked for the arms to tab better together but I think it is ok as is. And for the price they are asking now ($85) the details on the inner side of the legs should be painted and the extra head and face plate needed also some paint apps.

I payed full price for and I have no attachment to the IDW character and I find him quite intriguing. However I can understand TF fans who don't get him for the price they're asking. For the initial pricing he would be a must have if you either like the DJD or MMC bots.

The toy will be placed on my Reformatted shelf. I know that the base design doesn't came from MMC themselves but all the Reformatted bot are right up my alley. If MMC ever decides to create an original character (like FP Steelcore) I would totally get it.

I'm also really looking forward to the rest of the not-DJD bots (I hope they redesign Tarns legs) and the other entries to the reformatted line.

I hope MMC keeps up the long gaps between releases so I can keep up with their toys. Their foray into the Studio Ox designs (Defensor and Mirage) looks also promising. I really wonder if they will do a full Defensor with the Make Toys Guardia on the way.

Edited by Scyla

I had my BBTS Pile of Loot shipped recently and got my Apollyon today. I haven't had time to handle him too much, just did a quick inspection after opening to make sure everything was ok and there weren't any obvious flaws. Overall, I'd say it's a good-looking figure. Most the joints are fairly stiff (or ratcheting), with the exception of the shoulders which were a known issue. Mind you, they aren't loose, just not super tight. The arms can be lifted and hold a pose, but I can see why some people might have been a little disappointed that they weren't tighter. Honestly though, since they're ball joints I don't think it should be a show stopper. Anyone who collects figures by now should what to do to fix a loose ball joint.

I didn't notice any breakages, paint blemishes, or obvious QC/manufacturing defects out of the box. I did notice that Apollyon's left leg seemed slightly shorter than his right leg, and when I tried to make him stand he seemed a little lopsided. I'm guessing that it's probably just something in the articulation or leg transformation that hasn't been properly adjusted to be symmetrical. Hopefully playing around with it some more will reveal the part that needs to be tweaked.

I'm happy to report that the orange barrel plug, which was glued in at the request of certain retailers, is easily removable. I just took a pair pliers, twisted it loose, and pulled it off.

I haven't tried transforming him yet, and to be honest I'm not sure that I want to. From everything I've read online, the transformation looks complicated, and I bought him to display in 'bot mode anyway. I did fiddle with some of the transformation mechanisms, and there are indeed lots of little parts that look fragile, particularly in the legs and hips. I don't think it should be a problem for your average adult collector who handled their toys carefully, but I probably wouldn't try transforming it without a handy reference video or something.

I have him and out of the box, I could not get him to hold the "die autobots" pose. The right arm would fall against his side due to the weight of the canon. I used a some clear nail polish on the ball joint, but same problem. I then used the new sockets provided and it solved the issue.

I wonder why they would use ball joints for the shoulders. Is there not enough room for an universal swivel joint inside the shoulders? To me the ball jointed shoulders are one of the reasons not to get the figure.

I wonder why they would use ball joints for the shoulders. Is there not enough room for an universal swivel joint inside the shoulders? To me the ball jointed shoulders are one of the reasons not to get the figure.

I believe it was required for the transformation. But since I haven't tried to transform him myself, I can't say for sure. :D