Looking forward to this review as well. I'm dubious as to whether Takara will even attempt a new Walther P38 MP Megatron, or just fall back on reissues of the original subpar design, or fill the void with Generations Leader Class Megatron. Apollyon looks like a tough act to follow aesthetically; if it turns out to be solid with good joints and such, I'll probably get a copy.

I'm sure they will do one eventually. They made a gun for the first MP megatron so it's not that big of a deal.

It was more than the design was rushed and shitty.

The latest re-issue was a cash grab on the old mold, but I'm sure they wont leave that kind of money on the table.

Could be a year or two out though.. who knows.

Not knowing sucks. And..the uncertainty potentially puts more coin in third party competetors' pockets. Collectors are an impatient, twitchy lot.

The first Megs was indeed subpar and disappointing on the heels of MP-01; but given that the designer only had two weeks to design him, he did a pretty good job relative to the constraints. Hopefully Takara learned their lesson and afford the designers more time for the MP stuff.

I honestly not going to wait for Takara to make one. You can wait for a long time, life is short. We also assume Arcadia to reissue 1\60 M&M and strike packs already, but still waiting.

I decided to roll the dice on this one and got it on preorder. It looks sweet, and I hope the quality isn't too bad. While obviously I would prefer this thing to be perfect, I actually wouldn't be overly disappointed if it missed the mark in some ways, as long as it wasn't catastrophic. Unlike my Macross toys, which I actually handle and transform from time to time, I tend to leave all of my MP Transformers in bot mode, so they tend not to get handled as much.

That's the best transforming representation of G1 Megatron that I've seen; they did a great job, and hopefully the quality is there in materials and engineering to make this a gem.

That said, looking at the inside ankle area, it does look a bit airy, and I hope that single little linkage to which the foot attaches is metal. There's a lot of Megs being held up by that little piece. I'm curious to see the full range of motion in those shoulders, as not one pic they've shown really shows anything dynamic; I hope it's better than the official MP Megatron, and that ratchets are employed liberally. Throughout.

Can't wait to see how this thing transforms. My hat's off to XTransbots for solving the skinny leg challenge.

Not bad. They sit on the battroid better than the official packs, and overall look better. Did you scratch-build them?

Nice panel lining as well. I wish there was a more valk-ish way to store the main gun under the jet's fuselage. Otherwise, I love this figure, and your improvements make it look all the better.

Not bad. They sit on the battroid better than the official packs, and overall look better. Did you scratch-build them?

Nice panel lining as well. I wish there was a more valk-ish way to store the main gun under the jet's fuselage. Otherwise, I love this figure, and your improvements make it look all the better.

Thanks. A 3D printer was used. Hated the gaps in Gen Ld Jetfire so I printed out fill in plugs similar to what Megamoonman did on TFW. From there I decided I wanted the real fastpacks back on Jetfire and it ballooned from there. Really hated the long slim official packs.

It was the main reason I opted out for that price. Would just look goofy scale wise. I'm sure it's a great toy though.

mHRjRfJ.jpg

Is that a Spike Exosuit ?

I didn't know they did such a thing.