5 hours ago, Firefox said:

How do you guys find about the quality of third parties, generally speaking? Over the years I collected some. Many are over complicated to transfom and clearly their moulding/product quantity cannot match their design. Too many times the products break the first time it transform.

That sounds like a more apt description of TakaraTomy's Masterpiece figures than any third-party figure I've bought in the last few years...  <_<

Most of the leading manufacturers are at least on par with HasTak, and some produce consistently higher-quality product than that.

Generally there have been very impressive 3rd party figures, but every once in a while something comes that just bowls me over:

Je1Xaxn.jpg

This little goblin TLK Megatron may not be for everyone, certainly not me when it comes to SD/Nendoroid/Bobblehead/FunkoPop type heads.. but once I have it in hand, every other aspect of it - the build, engineering, precision, paint, detail, sharpness is just overwhelmingly in its favor..

jPaFW5j.jpg

2qJxY7I.jpg

izPtDJR.jpg

Apparently shipping from China isn't as big an issues as from Japan.. my OS Greenscream missile set just arrived, in about two weeks.

missiles1.jpg.9c3d9ed6594d896ab553d77d8fafb43b.jpg

Not a bad look, though the pylon attachments need a bit of work, or the pylons need some bulk added to the top surface to press against the wing.  The upper peg for the pylon is pretty far behind the peg for the tank, and neither the tank nor the wing actually touch the bulk of the pylon, so pressing the pylon onto the wing via the tank just tilts the whole thing all over the place.  The pylon really just needs more height above the front half to press solidly against the underside of the wing.

missiles2.jpg.eca8ece131c869fc6f41aa147684b43f.jpg

Don't know whether I'll worry about fixing it or not.  Would probably be easy enough to add a support to the front of the pylon, and it won't show much even if I never match the colors.  If anything, I'd probably use these pylons to make a custom set with actual 1/48 sidewinders from a kit.  But they do the job, so I'm glad I got them.

The "sparrows" on the other hand I'm probably leaving off.  I give them credit for making use of the ball joint sockets for the null rays, but the missiles just look goofy there.

So, a little bit of MMC news this morning. They announced their version of Stormbringer Optimus Prime (aka Optus Pexus), and word is he will be part of their Reformatted line! Exciting stuff and more than welcome after Hot Rod and Megatron IMO. Besides which, I can always use another Optimus to beef up my Prime collection too. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/CreationsMastermind/photos/pb.134216339973092.-2207520000../3332570840137610/?type=3&theater

Looking at the pictures, things seem far along and I'm really into the fully articulated hands at this scale. I hope they're a solid design. It seems that MMC is opting for Milne's artistic cues for bot mode, and I'm okay with that. I'm very curious though to see alt mode and I wonder if it will be closer to the artwork or if MMC will take some liberties as they sometimes do. Also, how tall this will end up in bot mode? Will he be head to head with Reformatted Megatron? A little taller or a little shorter? Yeah, so many questions, and I'm already waiting on other releases like their Ocular Max Brawl (Probus, due out this month I think) and Star Convoy (Stellarus Prominon). Well, one can't have too many Primes...:lol: 

56 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

KFC Kingzilla is on sale at TFSource so I added him to my stack.

I think it's probably a fair price, but still more than I want to pay right now considering that it'd just make me want to hunt down Kingorilla to go with him.

That said, I don't have an Octane yet.  I might bite on Stratotanker (even though that sale price looks like they took the regular price, jacked it up, and then put it on "sale" for the original price).

Oh, and if you don't have him yet $25 for Boost is a no-brainer.  His transformation isn't the most fun thing in the world, but I haven't seen a better MP Windcharger.

5 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Oh, and if you don't have him yet $25 for Boost is a no-brainer.  His transformation isn't the most fun thing in the world, but I haven't seen a better MP Windcharger.

I was thinking about getting another one to paint black, add a scanner, and call it Turbo Boost but I was busy at work to order it.  Very good deal though.

19 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

interesting the red kneew smoved up to the thighs.  also the incorrectly applied speaker sticker (everyone did it that way though) from g1 makes it int the deco.  is it niver than MS voice ripple?  looks just as nice if not better TBH.

also where are people seeing $25 for boost?  lol thats crazy and its not a must have but at $25 i'd have to...

Edited by Mechapilot77

2 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

also where are people seeing $25 for boost?  lol thats crazy and its not a must have but at $25 i'd have to...

TFSource is having a customer appreciation sale, with different deals every day.  Yesterday it was KFC/XTB, I guess.  Boost, Kingzilla, Stratotanker, and Ditka were all on sale.  Boost sold out pretty quick, though.  Personally I grabbed Stratotanker; I don't see anyone else doing an Octane, and I had $30 worth of Source points to cash in on top of the sale price, so I got him for $90. Crosses a character off the list, at least.  Not shipping him until MMC's Brawl comes out, though.

Today's deals are less enticing.  MPM Megatron, MPM Jazz, and Tracks.  Because they can't give Tracks away.

Oh, and I guess if you buy stuff you're entered into a drawing for Fans Toys' Koot.  I've passed on Koot twice now, since it looks like a pain.  I wouldn't buy him.  But I'm getting tired of waiting for Locke, and if I win a Koot in the meantime that's another character I can cross off the list.

22 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Looks better to me than the MS, although I could live without the red detail on the thighs. I want to see heir cassettes and how they compare/contrast with the MS versions. If they can actually pull off decent cassette modes and bot modes, I may just have to get a set. Argh- I really don't want to get sucked into collecting legends. When they're done this well, though, it's hard not to be impressed. The NA Seeker is just a brilliant design- I kinda wish a 4th party would upscale it to voyager.

I just read about the demand that Hasbro has done to Wei Jiang and the menace to all the Chinese factories

If instead of spend all thats resources in a lawsuit they should invest it in improve their own products and maybe the 3rd party companies would not have the success now have

Personally like a Transformers Fan that I consider myself think and like much more the 3rd party offer to say nothing of the absurd prices that Hasbro are handling in the last masterpiece releases

The only thing what are going to achieve is that support even more all the 3rd party companies that offer best products at much fairer prices 

18 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

TFSource is having a customer appreciation sale, with different deals every day.  Yesterday it was KFC/XTB, I guess.  Boost, Kingzilla, Stratotanker, and Ditka were all on sale.  Boost sold out pretty quick, though.  Personally I grabbed Stratotanker; I don't see anyone else doing an Octane, and I had $30 worth of Source points to cash in on top of the sale price, so I got him for $90. Crosses a character off the list, at least.  Not shipping him until MMC's Brawl comes out, though.

Today's deals are less enticing.  MPM Megatron, MPM Jazz, and Tracks.  Because they can't give Tracks away.

Oh, and I guess if you buy stuff you're entered into a drawing for Fans Toys' Koot.  I've passed on Koot twice now, since it looks like a pain.  I wouldn't buy him.  But I'm getting tired of waiting for Locke, and if I win a Koot in the meantime that's another character I can cross off the list.

Thanks for the reply.  kingzilla is actually a release i might have been interested in like...when i run out of stuff i REALLY want to spend money on.  how much was he?  with how tf source works, things that go on sale tend to go on sale again later,,..myabe black friday.  lol.  he looks to be $160ish as of today wednesday.  i mean the earthrise voyager looks....lackluster but reminded me this character and design exists (and if it were $20 on sale or something its a no brainer).  lol.    mpm jazz actually looks cool to me but i hear he is loosey goosey.  one of the few movie designs i kinda like.  if i were ever in a store and ht estudio series jazz was on sale i'd definitely get it.  lol.   koot, i can't stand the seam that runs vertically down his chest.  i feel like that s dealbreaker.  but hey if it were free i'd at least play/tf it before selling it.  haha.  since i don't care to complete the 3rd season cast in mp format i just pick and choose if i really like something (like i like cyclonus and i have ft's original release), i do hope locke will come out well though.  out of the movie/season 3 guys i like him more than blur or rodimus.  i'm rambling but now for something different.. and not sure it belongs here becausei'm not sure if this is going to be some alternate universe version of a TF character or not, but its from a 3P TF maker...

now that is a cool sci fi jetformer assuming the underside is not hot trash (which wouldn't stop me from being interested in it though).  i did see a painted photo where the colors were windblade like so maybe this is a bladeless mecha windblade.  either way it looks really cool and i've not seen anyone post it here.

That transforming plane is pretty interesting. I'm already on board for BigFirebird's Nicee, but if they're venturing into doing their own stuff, and it looks like this, then good for them, and for us. They're also producing a set of five kawaii fembots that transform into different bikes, and then further combine into a gestalt called Magic Henshin Girls. Not sure if that's based on anything or their own invention, but it has its charm.

You mentioned seeing the jetformer in Windblade colors, but nothing about that says Windblade, especially in light of Nicee's design. I'm thinking their Windblade will also have an obvious level of femininity that can't be ignored. Honestly, given how much time has passed, I'm surprised they haven't teased at least proto shots if indeed they are doing Windblade. They did release some artwork, which is much more in line with what I'd expect based on Nicee.

Image result for bigfirebird windblade

For anyone visiting that FB page, scroll about halfway down to see some colored renders of V2 MP Seekers.

Edited by M'Kyuun

8 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

That transforming plane is pretty interesting. I'm already on board for BigFirebird's Nicee, but if they're venturing into doing their own stuff, and it looks like this, then good for them, and for us. They're also producing a set of five kawaii fembots that transform into different bikes, and then further combine into a gestalt called Magic Henshin Girls. Not sure if that's based on anything or their own invention, but it has its charm.

You mentioned seeing the jetformer in Windblade colors, but nothing about that says Windblade, especially in light of Nicee's design. I'm thinking their Windblade will also have an obvious level of femininity that can't be ignored. Honestly, given how much time has passed, I'm surprised they haven't teased at least proto shots if indeed they are doing Windblade.

For anyone visiting that FB page, scroll about halfway down to see some colored renders of V2 MP Seekers.

hah, i can't really get behind Nicee (its a bit .....much for me. lol.'0  or thier mafic henshin girls, but the nicee while still unreleased seems to be nicely designed from an engineering standpoint - time will tell though and while i won't get it i'll be interested to see how well they executed.  this tranforming sci fi jet mecha thing i'm totally into though.  almost wish someone would produce decent fiction around it.

2 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I could only peek since I don’t have a FB account, and I couldn’t find the v2 renders. I did see a video for what looks like a heavily stylized 3P Screamer with a nifty feathered wing gimmick that folds out from the plane’s wings. Very interesting. The shape of the torso reminds me of TF Animated Screamer which is cool too. Is this from the same company doing Nicee: BigFireBird?

Edit: Had to view FB on the desktop to see the 3D renders. Those are cool. I wonder what other TF communities are saying about the work the tfw community has done to put those together?

Here is the 3P Starscream that piqued my interest before. PF-01 Red  Falcon. This is my first time seeing it.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4542231992605202?#&video

Edited by technoblue

45 minutes ago, technoblue said:

I could only peek since I don’t have a FB account, and I couldn’t find the v2 renders. I did see a video for what looks like a heavily stylized 3P Screamer with a nifty feathered wing gimmick that folds out from the plane’s wings. Very interesting. The shape of the torso reminds me of TF Animated Screamer which is cool too. Is this from the same company doing Nicee: BigFireBird?

gonna guess you mean tt hongli falcon ...its t beast inspired.  tunrs into a gian mechanical bird with jetbooster butt.  kinda cool.  made by a gundam 3p/ko maker.  first tf product.  release imminent

Just now, Mechapilot77 said:

gonna guess you mean tt hongli falcon ...its t beast inspired.  tunrs into a gian mechanical bird with jetbooster butt.  kinda cool.  made by a gundam 3p/ko maker.  first tf product.  release imminent

That's the one! Thank you. :hi:

I updated my post above with a link to the weibo thread which includes a video. 

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

That's the one! Thank you. :hi:

I updated my post above with a link to the weibo thread which includes a video. 

The name of the company producing Red Falcon is TT Transformable, which is a bit misleading, as Takara-Tomy are also known widely by those initials. names aside, I like it from the front, but I'm not at all crazy about how the legs look in bird mode (they form obnoxiously large and rather inorganic looking boosters that contrast with the otherwise sublime look of the rest of the bird mode). Not to my taste, but if you like it, fantastic.

5 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

hah, i can't really get behind Nicee (its a bit .....much for me. lol.'0  or thier mafic henshin girls, but the nicee while still unreleased seems to be nicely designed from an engineering standpoint - time will tell though and while i won't get it i'll be interested to see how well they executed.  this tranforming sci fi jet mecha thing i'm totally into though.  almost wish someone would produce decent fiction around it.

Admittedly, I'm not really a fan of overtly sexualized...anything, really. Moreover, my feminine body preference tends more towards petite with a modest chest, so Nicee stands as a contrast (one of my hopes is that she'll come with swappable chest plates to meet different preferences). That said, what she appears to offer in engineering and style won me over to her enough to make a PO. I hope she turns out to be a good figure. I'll keep Nicee separate from the rest of my MP figs, as she doesn't really fit the aesthetic, but there was definitely some love and artistry put forth in her design, and as an alternate depiction of Arcee, I find her appealing. With no obscenity implied (you may infer all you want, though), I hope she has a smooth transformation mechanic and is just fun to mess with.

I don't know much about Windblade as a character, but I like the design, especially the way Sarah Stone, and Sara Pitre-Durocher have drawn her in the comics. If BigFirebird matches the same aesthetic , especially in the face, as Nicee, I'm definitely interested to see how their interpretation turns out.

Edited by M'Kyuun

BBTS has Mastermind Creations Reformatted Optus Pexus up for pre-order. I'd have to guess other stores do as well;

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/133770

-b.

*edit to add, he doesn't look as good in the front profile shots as he does in that action pose. IMHO

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Never was too crazy about that particular incarnation of Prime, and yeah, not feeling this toy. I'd be remiss if I didn't complement the impressive range of articulation they achieved. I'm just not crazy about the design itself in either mode. However, if they ever did a version of either Animated Prime or Fall of Cybertron Prime, or IDW Prime, I might be interested, as I like MMC's stuff. And yeah, I'm aware that there are already 3P versions of IDW and FoC Prime available; I've passed on both, but I'd be interested to see what MMC would do with the designs.

Edited by M'Kyuun

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

BBTS has Mastermind Creations Reformatted Optus Pexus up for pre-order. I'd have to guess other stores do as well;

Yeah, I preordered it Monday-ish at TFSource.

Never was too crazy about that particular incarnation of Prime

Then you really need to read the IDW More Than Meets the Eye series.

I've read your comments more than once praising that particular comic as being quite excellent.  Perhaps I'll see if I can find it online somewhere. I doubt it'll make me change my mind about the design aesthetic, though. The Station Wagon was a very functional and somewhat dependable vehicle, but it's still ugly as sin.  ^_^

7 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

The Station Wagon was a very functional and somewhat dependable vehicle, but it's still ugly as sin.

Take the station wagon and jack up the suspension (AWD optional).  Now what you do you have?  A crossover SUV, the most popular vehicle category in the US*.

*I say as a sedan driver.

Actually, you'd have a Suburu Outback, but this horse is long dead. :lol: Suffice it to say, I just never liked the look of that particular Prime. IIRC, they made a toy of him in the Titanium line eons ago, and I think that's the only official toy that's been made. They prob think its ugly, too.:lol:

I'm kinda surprised that HasTak don't mine the comics more than they do for toy options. I own any number of IDW inspired figs despite having never read the comics from which they originated. As I've always maintained, a cool toy stands on its own merits regardless of associated media. I never thought MTME prime was cool, though.:p:lol:

I'm in a mood, so forgive me if my actions on the dick meter are off-scale high. Just enjoying the back and forth, no foul intended. :)

IIRC, they made a toy of him in the Titanium line eons ago, and I think that's the only official toy that's been made.

Nah, the Titanium version was Don Figueroa's from the Dreamwave War Within series. 

019.jpg.8918dcd68dfaef88fa588f9d2f9b703a.jpg

That version was also done by Spark Toys as "Alpha Pack" (which I own) and Civil Warrior's General Grant (which I'd like someday, but it's not a priority).

MMC's seems to be based specifically on Orion Pax's appearance in the More Than Meets the Eye story "Shadowplay" based on comments from a few MMC employees (art by Alex Milne).  In IDW, Pax was a cop, not a data clerk.

186703523_Transformers-MoreThanMeetstheEyeOngoing010(2012)(digital-Empire)022.jpg.6a97d1376290f09c80f511d3fbefb107.jpg

They do look a lot alike, though.  Well, in IDW getting the Matrix doesn't physically alter the bearer; Pax's design is basically Milne drawing him as Prime looked in the miniseries Stormbringer (which was the second IDW Transformers series released, after Infiltration).

blz06.jpg.4d355055ea812c59d1c8a4c9d947b7fc.jpg

And now were coming full circle, because you know who did the art for Stormbringer?  Don Figueroa, the same guy that did War Within for Dreamwave.  And yeah, they do share similarities.  They've both got the little chest squares on the chest, the forearm guns, and the wheels in his shoulders (that MMC had to move to his back).  But the IDW design fixes the swole proportions of the Dreamwave version, IMHO, shrinking the chest and ditching the huge wheels on his legs.

1 hour ago, Firefox said:

Finally plunged ahead and got the Ocular Max Azalea high heel version. Unlucky me, one side of the tab from the leg cover is deformed.

You should contact your retailer or MMCs customer support for a replacement. They are usually responsive to sich QC issues