On 10/31/2017 at 9:53 AM, M'Kyuun said:

Damn, you've got a great eye, Kuma. Your passion for these figures really shines in your photography. Thanks for sharing.

After seeing your Conehead pics, I checked out your IF Starscream and Ultra Magnus reviews. Amazing figures for the scale, although for UM, bot mode got all the love. But then, who's really going to keep him in truck mode? I think they struck a better balance between modes with the seekers, and the landing gear is a nice feature that's usually not seen on figures this small, especially the HasTak stuff.  Like you, I dig these smaller figures, and I find these Iron Factory toys to be really well done. I don't own any (too many other pursuits, not enough cash flow to fund everything), so I appreciate the photography and reviews to at least vicariously appreciate the craftsmanship and engineering that goes into them. Thanks.

Wow... that's a big compliment, and I really appreciate that. Thank you.

For Magnus, the alt. mode isn't too bad for the IDW version it represents but I agree that as the products have progressed there's been a lot more balance between the authenticity of each mode and the Seekers are definitely a high point! I'm at a weird point because I feel like Takara is just hands-down killing it with Masterpiece scale so 3P just end up being expensive fillers so I may just wind down to Classics stuff from MakeToys/FP/MMC/etc and legends stuff like this for that non-licensed fix. I primarily a Super Robot collector so I understand cash being spread out completely.

23 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Wow... that's a big compliment, and I really appreciate that. Thank you.

For Magnus, the alt. mode isn't too bad for the IDW version it represents but I agree that as the products have progressed there's been a lot more balance between the authenticity of each mode and the Seekers are definitely a high point! I'm at a weird point because I feel like Takara is just hands-down killing it with Masterpiece scale so 3P just end up being expensive fillers so I may just wind down to Classics stuff from MakeToys/FP/MMC/etc and legends stuff like this for that non-licensed fix. I primarily a Super Robot collector so I understand cash being spread out completely.

No problem; it was a compliment earned and easily given. I like how you put all the focus on the figure, with good lighting, great posing (which can be an exercise in frustration with some figures), minimalist background, and good angles. You make these toys look really good- Hasbro should take notes.

Generation Toy did a nice job on Figueroa's IDW Megatron; it's my second favorite version of the character. I get a bit of a Tron vibe from that pic, especially when scrolling down. GT did some lovely paint apps and sculpting, and your photo makes it look great.

Lovely, indeed.

Kuma, In regards to your statement regarding straying from third party MP offerings, I'd recommend MMC's Remix Jaguar, a full sized cassette version of the character. Granted, he can't fit in Soundwave, but on its own, a splendid figure. The Toyhax/Reprolabels set give it a nice finish. I always loved Ravage, and this fig was a no-brainer after watching a number of reviews. I'm anticipating getting their condors, as well as their Rumble and Frenzy. Love me some transformer cassettes, and these figures are well done and, in their bot modes, fit right in with the rest of the MP figures.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I really love the B2 Megatron. I have the Classics one, and every time I look at him, I pick him up and start trying to transform him. Then I remember why I never try to transform him.

Hopefully this one is a lot more fun to play with.

On 11/2/2017 at 2:40 PM, M'Kyuun said:

Lovely, indeed.

Kuma, In regards to your statement regarding straying from third party MP offerings, I'd recommend MMC's Remix Jaguar, a full sized cassette version of the character. Granted, he can't fit in Soundwave, but on its own, a splendid figure. The Toyhax/Reprolabels set give it a nice finish. I always loved Ravage, and this fig was a no-brainer after watching a number of reviews. I'm anticipating getting their condors, as well as their Rumble and Frenzy. Love me some transformer cassettes, and these figures are well done and, in their bot modes, fit right in with the rest of the MP figures.

I've messed with Ocular Max's Jaguar quite a bit in-hand and honestly I love the engineering of it, particularly with the "flexing" but I guess I'm just not so huge on Ravage that I feel the need for that large of one even as a desk bot. It's a really nice piece, though.

I got the urge to transform my CHUG version after looking at Kuma's pics and a review of the GT figure. After a few minutes, I got him figured out and into his bomber mode (I typically keep most of my TFs in bot mode on the shelves). It's been a few years since I messed with him, and with my goldfish memory, it was almost like transforming a new toy.:p Has/Tak did a good job- he has a somewhat complex transformation with both modes looking great. After watching the review, I think I prefer the CHUG's transformation system over GT's, although at that scale I can understand some changes due to weight and such.

You do what you want with your own photography.

The Full Review for Fansproject's TFX-06 RED Armor is up. http://kumastyledesigns.com/fansproject-tfx-06-review/

slider-title-tfx06.png

I definitely lay it all out in terms of my thoughts in the article but here are some pics from the gallery portion:

5-149.png

3-158.png

12-115.png

9-133.png

8-144.png

Edited by Kuma Style

18 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

You do what you want with your own photography.

The Full Review for Fansproject's TFX-06 RED Armor is up. http://kumastyledesigns.com/fansproject-tfx-06-review/

I definitely lay it all out in terms of my thoughts in the article but here are some pics from the gallery portion:

Aaaaannnnd why I unsubbed you. Man you get triggered. With an attitude like that why are you posting in my thread then? I was giving you a compliment while at the same time saying it would be cool to see your photography skills at work with nice backgrounds, which I dont have the skills to do. I remember you telling me to stay off your channel. Stay out of my thread then!

Edited by slaginpit

6 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Aaaaannnnd why I unsubbed you.

You can do things like that without announcing it. Considering that I don't really care and you felt the need to tell me that as if I did, I'd say the one triggered is you. That's unfortunate; feel better.

Edit: I don't know of you or remember interacting with you, but if I told you to "stay off" on my youtube channel, I'd bet my bottom dollar that I blocked you directly after that meaning you didn't unsub but were kicked. I feel that if you would of left this bit of info out, you stating that you unsubscribed would've had more of an effect if there was one to be had at all. 

Edited by Kuma Style

5 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

You can do things like that without announcing it. Considering that I don't really care and you felt the need to tell me that as if I did, I'd say the one triggered is you. That's unfortunate; feel better.

I dont care. I have no skin in the game. Announcing what? give you a compliment and saying it would be cool to use backgrounds? Whatever man.

At this point, I feel that explaining both my messages and your own to you would be outright condescending so I'm moving on.

---------------------------

Tomorrow getting the review up for the Iron Factory Fangs of Tyrant set. Pretty excited to as I really haven't gotten to mess with these at all so even playing around with them will be a treat.

I don't know of you or remember interacting with you, but if I told you to "stay off" on my youtube channel, I'd bet my bottom dollar that I blocked you directly after that meaning you didn't unsub but were kicked. I feel that if you would of left this bit of info out, you stating that you unsubscribed would've had more of an effect if there was one to be had at all. 

Now your making stuff. Up. I made a neutral comment on your Iron Man review. You responded with hostility, I unsubbed. What you did or did not do afterwards is Cheddar. Its a small world that we would find each other here.

EDIT. Im not trying to cause trouble.... I do enjoy your work

Edited by slaginpit

11 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Now your making stuff. Up.

I'm not making stuff up if I'm quoting you directly and going off of what you said. Let it go. You're unsubbed. I still don't care. The world is still rotating around the sun and stuff that actually matters to both you and myself are still present. Considering I don't know your youtube username you can try leaving a comment to see whether you were blocked or not. That simple.

I'm here to converse about toys and the hobby as a whole. Sorry if it comes off too nonchalant for your liking but fact is, I literally have no reason to have a problem with you, regardless of if you are a subscriber to my youtube channel or not. It's really not that serious.

Edited by Kuma Style

23 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I'm not making stuff up if I'm quoting you directly and going off of what you said. Let it go. You're unsubbed. I still don't care. The world is still rotating around the sun and stuff that actually matters to both you and myself are still present. Considering I don't know your youtube username you can try leaving a comment to see whether you were blocked or not. That simple.

I'm here to converse about toys and the hobby as a whole. Sorry if it comes off too nonchalant for your liking but fact is, I literally have no reason to have a problem with you, regardless of if you are a subscriber to my youtube channel or not. It's really not that serious.

Ok whatever...lets calling it water under the bridge. .....

Can you tell me do you use a mirror less Camera for your shots?

This is exactly why i stopped checking this thread out. As soon as kuma joined and started spamming the thread with his pics, i knew his attitude would not be far behind.  I am not into 3rd party figs at all but a few of my buddies are and two of them experienced what Slaginpit just did.  Both made harmless comments only to get snappad at.   My go to reviewers are peaugh and wotafa. The two i avoid like the plague...skullface and kuma.  Like i said...not at all in to 3rd party stuff but i did occasionally like checking out some pics and reviews but now that kuma and his attitude is here, I've been staying far away.  In my 10 years on MW, i have only put one person on my ignore list...now there are two. 

On 11/9/2017 at 4:53 PM, Jeremy007 said:

Blah blah blah

If literally the only thing you have to contribute to a thread is bitching and moaning, then you should continue to just lurk. I don't know what kind of attitude you feel that you presented here, but I'm guessing it's a lot more shitty than the one you felt was given to you in whatever response to whatever situation by whatever reviewers. And you weren't contributing prior to my arrival, either. Even calling on-topic posting "spam" is outright bizarre. 

Edited by Kuma Style

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

I actually have a few cameras I switch between dependant on shots and whether I'm traveling or not and one of them is mirrorless, yes. 

If literally the only thing you have to contribute to a thread is bitching and moaning, then you should continue to just lurk. I don't know what kind of attitude you feel that you presented here, but I'm guessing it's a lot more shitty than the one you felt was given to you in whatever response to whatever situation by whatever reviewers. And you weren't contributing prior to my arrival, either. Even calling on-topic posting "spam" is outright bizarre. 

I know, right? How dare i comment on something in a thread that I've rarely commented in.  I hope you take your own advice and stay out of any and all threads on this site that you have never posted in.

And if you are going to act like an a$$ everytime you get called out for being an a$$..i agree with slaginpit, Stay out of this thread. 

Take your ego and you attitude back to youtube.  Don't bother replying. I'm done with you. 

Edited by Jeremy007
Was not done/typo

19 minutes ago, Jeremy007 said:

Blah blah blah: The sequel

Looks like that ignore thing was more bullshit.

>Stay out of threads that you've never posted in;

... when did I tell you to stay out of any thread? I just asked that you contribute something on topic. Looks like that's hard.

> Called out for being an ass...

... Sorry that you're used to sycophants who take what you say in turn regardless of if it makes any sense but even to you it should be blatant that it's not the case right now. If you cannot take being responded to in turn to that attitude that you present, then you should probably not approach/confront people in that manner at all. It's very simple. 

So, here's what's going to happen; I'm going to continue to post pictures of and talk about 3rd party transformers in the 3rd party transformers thread. It's you're right to either like or dislike that it happens, however if you have a problem with it, "take your own advice" and use the ignore function as I've laughed at and humored this off-topic nonsense enough and am ceasing to further.

Stay toxic. Bye bye.

Edited by Kuma Style

And with that weirdness knocked out, general question;

When it comes to Transformers products that are licensed, but not made by the owners (takara tomy/hasbro,) do you still consider them first party? Third Party licensed? Got brought up in a group chat regarding that upcoming Flame Toys Drift and obviously extends to quite a few licensed products (Ultimetal, Ori Toy, Toys Alliance, etc.) and I think it's a pretty good topic. Would like some of your thoughts.

Edited by Kuma Style

Well  technically they are the „real“ third party products since they are officially licensed.

I was severely tempted by the MAS and 3A Nemesis Prime but they are just too big for my likings.

The FlameToys Transformers are right up my alley though. I‘ll wait for some reviews on the Drift to decide if I want to open another jar of worms.

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Well  technically they are the „real“ third party products since they are officially licensed.

I was severely tempted by the MAS and 3A Nemesis Prime but they are just too big for my likings.

The FlameToys Transformers are right up my alley though. I‘ll wait for some reviews on the Drift to decide if I want to open another jar of worms.

Honestly, I cannot damned wait for the Flame Toys Drift. I actually made sure to order it from the Sentinel store so it ships out right away and avoids any retailer delays and whatnot. They make a really premium product and like you said, it's at that "right" size point as well. Just hoping it gets here before the end of the year because it'd be nice to close out with it.

6 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

And with that weirdness knocked out, general question;

When it comes to Transformers products that are licensed, but not made by the owners (takara tomy/hasbro,) do you still consider them first party? Third Party licensed? Got brought up in a group chat regarding that upcoming Flame Toys Drift and obviously extends to quite a few licensed products (Ultimetal, Ori Toy, Toys Alliance, etc.) and I think it's a pretty good topic. Would like some of your thoughts.

When I say "3P" or "third party" I'm 99% of the time referring to unlicensed but original toys based on Transformers; the stuff from companies like FansToys, Generation Toy, Unique Toys, DX9, MMC, Maketoys, etc.

I avoid the distinction between first party Transformers and officially-licensed third party Transformers figures by referring to both simply as "official".

(I also kind of avoid it by not collecting or talking about the officially licensed 3P stuff. They look cool and all, but they're not really my thing.)